PDA

View Full Version : inconsistency in revenge

vgrimr_J
11-12-2017, 01:56 PM
when not under cc and i get revenge notification i try to press it and it doesnt activate but bots can do it soon as they get it the question is are bots defying the physics of this game or is there inconsistency in players revenge activation or is it a latency thing.i have taken notice that sometimes on revenge activation ppl who are attacking doesnt fall down and their attacks just go through. sometimes they fall down wayy late in the activation animation. sometimes even they dont fall down when getting parried while in revenge (heroes that do not have perks like shugo)

vgrimr_J
11-25-2017, 01:25 PM
looks like im the only one ?

ChampionRuby50g
11-25-2017, 01:35 PM
Bots get super human abilities us mere mortals can only dream off...at the cost of been dumber than donuts. So to answer your question, I would say yes to all of the above. Bots do things we can't, player activation is inconsistent and I would say latency has an effect. I have noticed that recently opponents will not get knocked down during revenge activation as well, as well as times when my Shaman's pounce will completely ignore revenge and still take a bite, where other times it works properly and I am bounced off. This first started around Season 2 I think, and at times its gotten better, and now times like this it's just worse.

vgrimr_J
11-25-2017, 03:01 PM
yeah i think also it started in season 2 because in season 1 it wasn't so inconsistent like when you got revenge and pressed to activate it actually did it instead of having a delay or not activating at all.

ZealousCloud
11-25-2017, 04:53 PM
I would have to say you are right vgrimr. Been playing everyday since beta + launch and I think in s2 with the revenge changes the activation got changed as well. I've been steam rolled by 3 people and have had revenge pop a good 3 to 4 seconds before I died and couldn't activate, even pressing the button numerous times. It doesn't happen too often but it is annoying.

mrmistark
11-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Yeah, bots are god like on sometimes, LV3 can parry and deflect all my light attacks, a feat about 90% of console cannot, but when it comes to basic decisions they simply just canít humans. I think revenge is just one of those cases.

From playing so long I know how far along in the activation animation of revenge that I can get away with (itís very specific and tight timing) hitting them without them being able to block/parry. Itís that small timing right when itís activated that their hands are in the air to when they come down. You can sneak in an attack there and not get punished for it. There are also feats like aramusha who doesnít become staggered when parried, and the activation still counts as a parry.

Unfortunately most CC do still go through which I think is a total flaw, because there are many times not even just in CC animation, but in fighting situations that your character is almost stunlocked in regards to activating revenge but itís so random and inconsistent that I canít say what moves actually are a problem vs not. There is also the moves that go through anyways: Shamans pounce always go through for me on revenge activations. I have also noticed that in revenge her bleed effects damage my revenge shield and then carry on to my actual health afterwords. I donít ever remember this from PK, valk shoulder pin, Shinobi defect, glad skewer OR nobushi spam. Have I just not noticed this before against these other characters?

Mtcmnkk
11-25-2017, 05:30 PM
Revenge is garbage now even after they "buffed" after nerfing it. I routinely get interrupted trying to attack in revenge