PDA

View Full Version : Does this game balance matches?

FabulousManStar
11-12-2017, 06:39 AM
New(ish) player here, just hit prestige 1 after playing over the course of like 3 free weekends.

So I notice there is almost zero balancing of player skill in matches. Tried some 1v1, I get put against some guy who was literally prestige 47 (skill range was on "narrow"), who's skill was supposedly "on par" with mine. How the hell do they figure that? No shock, I didn't even touch the guy. Played some more with similar results. Over the course of me 1v1'ing, everyone I faced was at least 7 prestige above me, and while I know prestige =/= skill, play time counts for something, and it showed. I don't mind getting schooled I can learn from it and get better, but there's a limit. There's like 3500 people on steam alone, so don't tell me there aren't enough players to give me ONE person of relatively similar skill, or at least playtime.

People don't seem to play much besides dominion or 1v1 so that throws like more than half the gamemodes out the window.

I've also become painfully aware of the "turtle meta" which is pretty boring/frustrating to play against. Doesn't help to main zerk who seems to have zero options to open with besides turtling harder yourself, feinting (haven't learned this yet) and/or hoping they suck.

The grindiness also irks me a little. 15000 steel for one of the season pass characters is pretty insane, so is 5k for a pose. I'm sure it's not so bad if you play all the time, but I've played free to play games who's microtransactions are shoved down your throat less, I'm saying it's easier to grind stuff in games where I DIDN'T pay $60 up front. Guess that's just the trend companies like ubisoft are going for now.

Anyways, that's pretty much /endrant I guess. I hoping some experienced players will come along and perhaps dispel some of the gripes I have with this game. Was considering getting it, since it's on sale, but I'm definitely going to wait till after the free weekend ends and see what the numbers look like. If match balance is this bad now, it would just get worse with less players. At least there will be less smurfs I suppose.

SammyCannon
11-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Nothing is balanced. Closest is 1v1 tournament after you get your ranking group, but that is pestered with lagg switching cheaters or just third-worlders with ****ty connections.

Helnekromancer
11-13-2017, 07:14 PM
Either the game is filled with seasoned players or the matchmaking puts you with the nearest person in your area despite their level.

Take it from someone who plays nothing but Dominion since my Nobushi sucks *** in the turtle meta. Every game I'm up against a pre made of rep 80+ players using either their rep 40 mains or rep 7-8 Raiders/Lawbringers.

While my team consists of other solo players who are rep 5 and below who just wanted to play with their rep 3 Heroes and enjoy the game, but instead get brutally ganked, and by brutally ganked I mean they get cc'ed and die before they can even get out the cc animation, couple this with the pre-made spamming in chat and emoting over your corpse and my teammates leave to keep their sanity.

I'm am forced to play my Rep 40 Nobushi every dominion game because i keep running into the same 1-5 premades and i get stuck with low level solo players. Oh and if one of my teammates decide to leave the game they risk crashing the game so even if you are holding your own and winning the game will just crash erasing all your progress.

Dominon pvp constantly is "Very high activity" the only one at that and yet the matchmaking puts me with the same sweaty players.

The only way to avoid this is to play against bots but unless they are lvl 3 its very boring, hence why i made a thread months ago asking for a Dominion/Elimination/Skirmish mode in which players can fight against lvl 3 bots because most lvl 3 bots play better than players but rarely do I encounter them. But I guess that was ignored.

And seeing how Aramusha and Shaman are releasing tomorrow I'm just going to have to play vs bots, avoid my games constantly crashing due to rage and frustration.

UbiInsulin
11-13-2017, 08:32 PM
The team is working to make matchmaking as fair as possible, and will continue to tweak things if necessary. A few more details on how the system gradually relaxes its parameters are available here (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000026255/Matchmaking-in-For-Honor/).

I'm sorry to hear you had this frustrating experience in Dominion, and will pass this on to the team.

Vingrask
11-13-2017, 08:43 PM
I will admit, I kicked the *** of newbies, because at some point I was exhausted of face them.

3-0 and a "Sorry!" emote at the end. Jump to next match to see another Rep 0. Repeat.

A new player should never face a player like me. I have almost 4k Duels, Ubi, for Odin's sake!!!

Tyrjo
11-13-2017, 08:47 PM
I guess its worst on PC given that the community is the smallest of the three.

Erebus.-
11-13-2017, 09:43 PM
i know your pain mate i just got put into a game where everyone (both teams) are prestige 100+ (ovr) and gear levels upwards of 140 and it puts me the guy with less than 30 hours and a gear score of 17 in that game... **** you Ubisoft.

This **** should have sorted before release not a year after and there is no excuse on that but hey by all means give us new cometics instead of fixing this ****.

Actually got told outright from ubi customer support about 2 hours ago that they do not give refunds on digital downloads so i cant get a refund, except for the fact they do because ive done it twice before with the crew and one of the AC games because they were ****, So when even Ubi's Customer Support doesnt know what its own policies are how can we accept Ubi's word on anything.

Just Sayin'

UbiInsulin
11-13-2017, 11:23 PM
i know your pain mate i just got put into a game where everyone (both teams) are prestige 100+ (ovr) and gear levels upwards of 140 and it puts me the guy with less than 30 hours and a gear score of 17 in that game... **** you Ubisoft.

This **** should have sorted before release not a year after and there is no excuse on that but hey by all means give us new cometics instead of fixing this ****.

Actually got told outright from ubi customer support about 2 hours ago that they do not give refunds on digital downloads so i cant get a refund, except for the fact they do because ive done it twice before with the crew and one of the AC games because they were ****, So when even Ubi's Customer Support doesnt know what its own policies are how can we accept Ubi's word on anything.

Just Sayin'

I'm not sure how long it has been the case, but this is our policy on digital refunds as publicly described here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000024857/Returns-Cancellations). I'm really sorry to hear that imbalanced matchmaking has affected your experience with FH this much. I know that our goal is to make it as fair as possible, while also making realistic allowances for the time it takes to actually get into a match.