PDA

View Full Version : Omg Shaman...

TSCDescon
11-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Watching a YouTuber, Kaif, playing the season 4 character on PTR.

And holy **** Shamans unblockable grab is a better version of demons embrace. Very fast and deals a **** ton damage. And it heals her... WTF Ubisoft. You don't even need to wall splat to confirm it.

First you nerf Oni Charge, release Shinobi, gave him the knock down with the slide tackle, nerf DE tracking, release Shaman, gave her a DE 2.0...

I don't know what to say. It's absurd.

TSCDescon
11-12-2017, 12:38 AM
She can confirm predatory hunger/predatory mercy/wildcats rage after a guard break throw.

So many cancel and bleed links. Yeah, if that doesn't sound op eh?

Sigh...

CandleInTheDark
11-12-2017, 12:46 AM
Before people say that I am defending this because I plan to play her, which I have been up front about the last week or so, bear in mind that on seeing the movelist I identified this as something that might need balancing if the devs haven't gotten it right, but there are a few things I think we need to bear in mind.

Firstly the early access has gone to people who stream this content,in some cases for a living, they put on a lot more hours than most people. Until we have it in our hands, we won't know how easy it is for the average person to time right and for the average person to dodge. Some moves are like that, I would think Gladiator's unblockable was op if my experience was not from using the move and defending against it 90% of them get parried.

Secondly, it is not an any time during the match at will move, the opponent has to be bleeding.Now yes that might not be mega hard to pull off but the thing with that is you will be expecting it coming. So if you are bleeding and the shaman dodges back or forward,pausing for a moment, you should know that it is time to get ready to dodge, and to dodge again since they get a second chance at it. Now guardbreak and throw will guarantee it, but again, you are bleeding, the shaman is coming towards you, you know she can guardbreak cancel from heavy or might go for a regular gb, even the cancels get blocked, I have seen that enough with the peacekeeper. Also honestly it isn't even like it is the most damaging gb punish.What I mean all in all is a shaman trying to spam that move is going to get dodged and punished once people have gotten used to it. In 4v4 it will be more chaotic but you will still know whether or not there is a Shaman in the match and radar awareness is something you need with everyone.

Thirdly, if you want to compare it to demon's embrace, the bite still is not a one hit ko move nor one that scales on damage to yourself, in terms of balance, the fact a shugoki needs to guardbreak to be safe(but can still pull it out of nowhere if he chooses to risk it) I still call that more balanced.

Now I am not saying without seeing it that it is not an op move, it depends on how easy it is to pull off for me and if the health damage and regen is enough to turn fights too far from down to on top, I am also not saying the damage is not too much, I also will not believe the opposite until the non season pass players have had time playing her and that has been my constant stance on all DLC characters.

Netcode_err_404
11-12-2017, 01:00 AM
lol

I can't waitto see shaman mains claiming that she is underpowered like gladiators nd shinobi do.

Will be sweet

TSCDescon
11-12-2017, 01:07 AM
Before people say that I am defending this because I plan to play her, which I have been up front about the last week or so, bear in mind that on seeing the movelist I identified this as something that might need balancing if the devs haven't gotten it right, but there are a few things I think we need to bear in mind.

Firstly the early access has gone to people who stream this content,in some cases for a living, they put on a lot more hours than most people. Until we have it in our hands, we won't know how easy it is for the average person to time right and for the average person to dodge. Some moves are like that, I would think Gladiator's unblockable was op if my experience was not from using the move and defending against it 90% of them get parried.

Secondly, it is not an any time during the match at will move, the opponent has to be bleeding.Now yes that might not be mega hard to pull off but the thing with that is you will be expecting it coming. So if you are bleeding and the shaman dodges back or forward,pausing for a moment, you should know that it is time to get ready to dodge, and to dodge again since they get a second chance at it. Now guardbreak and throw will guarantee it, but again, you are bleeding, the shaman is coming towards you, you know she can guardbreak cancel from heavy or might go for a regular gb, even the cancels get blocked, I have seen that enough with the peacekeeper. Also honestly it isn't even like it is the most damaging gb punish.What I mean all in all is a shaman trying to spam that move is going to get dodged and punished once people have gotten used to it. In 4v4 it will be more chaotic but you will still know whether or not there is a Shaman in the match and radar awareness is something you need with everyone.

Thirdly, if you want to compare it to demon's embrace, the bite still is not a one hit ko move nor one that scales on damage to yourself, in terms of balance, the fact a shugoki needs to guardbreak to be safe(but can still pull it out of nowhere if he chooses to risk it) I still call that more balanced.

Now I am not saying without seeing it that it is not an op move, it depends on how easy it is to pull off for me and if the health damage and regen is enough to turn fights too far from down to on top, I am also not saying the damage is not too much, I also will not believe the opposite until the non season pass players have had time playing her and that has been my constant stance on all DLC characters.

Watch the YouTube video where Havoc vs Spliced. Tell me that it isn't op. Aramusha is nowhere near the level as the Shaman. The animation of the predatory hunger, predatory mercy, and wildcats rage are so quick even for pc. The bleed attack comes out way too fast too. Being able to cancel every move into another is beyond game breaking. The devs have no idea what they are doing.

Watch the video.

Many people already said that she's not op, but in reality she is and people wants to abuse her move set. She's also Romans fav character after the Centurion. So please, stop pretending to protect a op character so it won't get nerf just for your own enjoyment. No disrespect.

Netcode_err_404
11-12-2017, 01:13 AM
Watch the YouTube video where Havoc vs Spliced. Tell me that it isn't op. Aramusha is nowhere near the level as the Shaman. The animation of the predatory hunger, predatory mercy, and wildcats rage are so quick even for pc. The bleed attack comes out way too fast too. Being able to cancel every move into another is beyond game breaking. The devs have no idea what they are doing.

Watch the video.

Many people already said that she's not op, but in reality she is and people wants to abuse her move set. She's also Romans fav character after the Centurion. So please, stop pretending to protect a op character so it won't get nerf just for your own enjoyment. No disrespect.

Chill mate.

Its clear that these devs are incompetent. I mean, look at the state of the game.

Trash balance
trash optimization
Trash multiplayer network.

They have still balancing problems with s2 heroes.

High lander is still completely unviable after 5 months xD

Just relax and take the game for what is it, a casual game just for fun :)

TSCDescon
11-12-2017, 01:17 AM
Chill mate.

Its clear that these devs are incompetent. I mean, look at the state of the game.

Trash balance
trash optimization
Trash multiplayer network.

They have still balancing problems with s2 heroes.

High lander is still completely unviable after 5 months xD

Just relax and take the game for what is it, a casual game just for fun :)

I wasted almost a year worth of time on this defected game. I'm completely chill.

CandleInTheDark
11-12-2017, 01:20 AM

Watch the video.

Like I said,I have called out my own main on being op in areas and still believe that in one particular area she is, I have asked here and elsewhere if she is getting a rework to address that. So I am not going to say right off the bat she doesn't have potential to be op,as I also said in my post it was one of the things I was concerned about on seeing the move list in terms of how much damage does it do, heal and how easy or not is it to dodge, so give me a little credit at least, I am just pointing out that once it is in the hands of the main population and people have had two or three weeks to face it, it might not seem as op as people are suggesting on first glance.

There is a very definite warning before the animation kicks in in terms of I am bleeding and my opponent just dodged, as with the shinobi kick, if you are reacting solely to the move being activated, you've already lost a couple hundredths of a second you could have reacted to. I did see one from the opponent's perspective and he dodged it while out of stamina, what I am waiting for is how easy is it for the average person to, if the community can dodge it fairly regularly it is not as op as it first looks,if not, it is and needs balancing. From the back dodge and the boots going yellow there is some warning,is it enough,is the damage too much? I won't rule out the possibility it needs balancing I just wait until I have used and faced it myself.

Pain-Seeker
11-12-2017, 01:31 AM
Like I said,I have called out my own main on being op in areas and still believe that in one particular area she is, I have asked here and elsewhere if she is getting a rework to address that. So I am not going to say right off the bat she doesn't have potential to be op,as I also said in my post it was one of the things I was concerned about on seeing the move list in terms of how much damage does it do, heal and how easy or not is it to dodge, so give me a little credit at least, I am just pointing out that once it is in the hands of the main population and people have had two or three weeks to face it, it might not seem as op as people are suggesting on first glance. There is a very definite warning before the animation kicks in in terms of I am bleeding and my opponent just dodged, as with the shinobi kick, if you are reacting solely to the move being activated, you've already lost a couple hundredths of a second you could have reacted to. I did see one from the opponent's perspective and he dodged it while out of stamina, what I am waiting for is how easy is it for the average person to, from the back dodge and the boots going yellow there is some warning,is it enough,is the damage too much? I won't rule out the possibility it needs balancing I just wait until I have used and faced it myself.

You can cancel that move which puts the other one in dodge recovery if he tries to dodge it as soon as you descripted.Not a good way to defend a move . Its the same as shinobi pre nerf. You dodge based on smoke and you get guardbroken.

CandleInTheDark
11-12-2017, 04:37 AM
You can cancel that move which puts the other one in dodge recovery if he tries to dodge it as soon as you descripted.Not a good way to defend a move . Its the same as shinobi pre nerf. You dodge based on smoke and you get guardbroken.

Depends on if the double tap roll out distances the pounce and if you can do it again before the retry, if so, at worst it puts you back to neutral and you run out the clock a little which is more viable with this than the Warden shoulder bash or pk lights for example because she has a finite time she can do that move. Even without that though, like I said I have looked up videos and I have seen people dodge that move while they were out of stamina. Now the guy that dodged is probably very high level, but what I want to know before judging one way or the other is could you or I or someone who only plays an hour or so a day learn to do that once they are familiar with the move? If so that isn't as op as it seems,if not then the speed or tracking or both need looking at.

Then it might still be op because of the damage and heal if it is a matter of someone can be near critical not having touched their opponent then when their opponent makes one mistake they are favourites, whether or not this is a problem depends on how easy it is to hit the move in the first place as mentioned above and whether it lets someone win fights they really shouldn't on a regular basis. I will point out that I cast doubts on whether shugoki demon embrace should be a thing in duel at all and I was told it was balanced, if that is accepted to be and the devs clearly approve of the mechanic bringing it in a second time then we need to wait and see on this.

But we won't know the answer to either of those issues until the non streamer public as a whole get their hands on them. I am quite willing to accept that it has potential to be and might be op, it certainly looks strong from what we have seen, but we won't know for certain or what level of op until we have gotten our own hands on it. I am not trying to 'keep a character op', I just think three days before launch is too soon to call for the nerf bat. In before people say well I would say that I am playing her, I have said that about characters I had no intention of playing and have been very constant in that, if she needs balancing and they do so I will still play her and again, I call out my own main on that, I want the characters to all be viable and around the same level because that is the best thing for the health of the game, this is my main game and I want it to do well.

Howard_T_J
11-12-2017, 05:56 AM
I look forward to besting the worst of the shaman and see them cry!

Baturai
11-12-2017, 06:19 AM
shaman is Basically, A Better Version of Berserker.

Assassin+Warlord+Berserker+Pk+Shukogi= Shaman

Knight_Raime
11-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Strictly comparing DE to bite one isn't superior to the other.

Yes shug has to get a GB for a splat to get it. But he also gets far more health back on DE and has the potential to OHK.
Bite can be accessed easier compared to DE but it does much less (bar and a half) damage and much less health.

Seems fair to me. Though i'm not against nerfing bites damage to just a bar or just under a bar.

Dakaal
11-12-2017, 09:36 AM
I don't like her running animation, it's look like she run to dump a big crap in the toilet

Maxime_Qc-
11-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Only got one thing to say !!

Deal with it !!

You gonna deal with it just like i have been dealing with the fkn centurion since season 2

And she Won't ger nerf Guess why ..

Same reason why centurion still OP. ... ROMANS FAVORITE *****ES !!!

YEP Devs finally on assassin's side

So haters gonna hate

Y'all can cry as much as you want on the forum like you are used to but it aint gonna change anything

Oooh yeah it begin in 2 days all cent main gonna have a little taste of their own OP medicine ...and .. oh man im gonna some fun with this !!!

I am all assassin's main...

I wait for Her since i learn every faction where gonna have a new assassin the viking one was the one i wait the most and y'all aint gonna **** this up for me

Just keep looking vidéo of Her till the season 4 launch and damn.... THAT is the kind of thing that just TICKLE my balls !!