PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi is OP

I-ModernSpartan
11-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Hello guys
Imo the Shinobi is op
My main is Centurion (rep 2 level 8)
He has a very long range which he can both attack and GB you from, has very fast attacks which can cause bleeding, very fast and agile and can deal quite a lot of damage although he is very fast and agile
There will probably people who would say "ye but he is an assassin he cant hold his stance"... he can deflect and double dodge so it's doesnt really matter
I fought against someone few times (with my Cent... around 6 times) and I beated him almost every time but when he took his Shinobi I lost
Don't get me wrong he is good but imo I'm better
A Shinobi can GB me from very long range and take around 50% of my HP

Imo all of the assassins are a bit OP
I have played 32 matches since the current global challenge started
Now I will talk only about the duels... I've played 3 dominion matches and 1 brawl match
I've seen only 2 heavies
Around 5 vanguards
Around 6 hybrids (1 LB... the rest were a combination of assassin and vanguard/heavy)
And obviously 15 assassins
Also in the dominion matches most of the players were assassins

They are the most fast and agile characters
So you would think that they will have less HP and cause less damage but this is not the case
The Shinobi has the lowest amount of HP (on par with the Centurion) - 110... Kensei has 125
Well yes they can't hold their stance but they can deflect
On top of that only assassins and hybrids that are related to the assassins can cause bleeding

Imo assassins should have less HP and a little bit less damage
The Shinobi should be nerfed more than the other assassins

And why do we get a new assassin in each DLC? what about more Vanguards/Heavies?
I think that a Saprtan (Knight - Heavy/Vanguard hybrid) with a spear and shield would be very nice :)

SlickCriminal27
11-11-2017, 04:14 PM
It is already well known that Shinobi is OP and basically all of the Assassins are hated by the community, you are right in everything you write. What I, alongside many others dont understand is why tf it is taking Ubisoft so long to balance and sort this crap out, not to mention always introducing new Assassins every season lol... smh...

Baturai
11-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Orochi op ? ok ...Oo.

I-ModernSpartan
11-11-2017, 06:34 PM
It is already well known that Shinobi is OP and basically all of the Assassins are hated by the community, you are right in everything you write. What I, alongside many others dont understand is why tf it is taking Ubisoft so long to balance and sort this crap out, not to mention always introducing new Assassins every season lol... smh...

Thanks mate :)
Nice to know that the community agrees with my opinion

Ubisoft please fix this

I-ModernSpartan
11-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Orochi op ? ok ...Oo.

Orochi is a little bit OP - deals to much damage
I've played today vs Orochi
He just abused the dodge attack mechanics so I stopped attacking and started feinting and I managed to hit him so he left
there are a lot of people with no skill who use assassins and preforming quite good because assassins are op

Netcode_err_404
11-11-2017, 07:23 PM
orochi is not op, but surely is trash designed.

Speaking about shinobi, yes, right now, is absolutely overtuned, and with gladiator they are basically playing another game.

There is a lot of imbalances between assassins and most of the non assassins heroes.

I-ModernSpartan
11-11-2017, 07:39 PM
orochi is not op, but surely is trash designed.

Speaking about shinobi, yes, right now, is absolutely overtuned, and with gladiator they are basically playing another game.

There is a lot of imbalances between assassins and most of the non assassins heroes.

Orochi is a too strong for being so agile
I agree that also the Galdiator is in another level in trems of being too OP (almost the same as Shinobi)
At least Gladiator has to get close enough and change his mix ups
Shinobi can can double dodge everything escape and start attacking you from way too long range

BarbeQMichael
11-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Yes, everybody knows that shinobi is extremely overpowered like most assassins (poor zerker), but nothing will be done, as they are easiest to play and thus please the masses and that is exactly what ubisoft wants. In fact, we are about to have another autowin char which is like peacekeeper on roids, and devs seem to be completely happy about it. We really have no choice but to either jump on the easyplay wagon or play normal chars, the question is, how do you define fun? Is it defeating your opponent by abusing something that is broken or by winning because you are better.

Orochi op ? ok ...Oo.
32dmg 500ms light attack is completely balanced, is it? It is more than most chars can get from heavy attacks and they take twice as long

Knight_Raime
11-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Shinobi is not OP. If you're struggling to deal with ranged GB you're clearly not as good as you think and say you are.

SlickCriminal27
11-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Shinobi is not OP. If you're struggling to deal with ranged GB you're clearly not as good as you think and say you are.

LOL, who is talking about ranged GB? Nobody here has a problem with the ranged GB. It is a fact that Shinobi is OP and everybody and their dog knows it, you questioning it makes me believe you main Shinobi and dont want them nerfed.

BarbeQMichael
11-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Shinobi is not OP

Well that is just if I went to kindegarten and kicked everybody's asses and proceed to claim that I am not op

I-ModernSpartan
11-11-2017, 09:35 PM

Let me guess... Shinobi player?
My W/L and KD ratios are good so I think that I'm a decent player
The ranged attacks and GB aren't the main problem but they just make him more OP
I'm a PS4 user... Shinobi (and PK) attacks at around the same speed as my guard switching speed (without considering my reflexes - just the guard switching)

Tyrjo
11-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Shinibo is OP. Kick is not punishable for half the cast and this is just.....wrong. Has too much HP for a twink, make it a 100.

I-ModernSpartan
11-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Shinibo is OP. Kick is not punishable for half the cast and this is just.....wrong. Has too much HP for a twink, make it a 100.

He would still be OP
They should also decrease his damage

And increase the guard switching speed for all characters

I-ModernSpartan
11-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Yes, everybody knows that shinobi is extremely overpowered like most assassins (poor zerker), but nothing will be done, as they are easiest to play and thus please the masses and that is exactly what ubisoft wants. In fact, we are about to have another autowin char which is like peacekeeper on roids, and devs seem to be completely happy about it. We really have no choice but to either jump on the easyplay wagon or play normal chars, the question is, how do you define fun? Is it defeating your opponent by abusing something that is broken or by winning because you are better.

32dmg 500ms light attack is completely balanced, is it? It is more than most chars can get from heavy attacks and they take twice as long

It's not fun winning by using something broken... no challenge but ye as you said there are a lot of players who like to win by using op stuff
Maybe Ubi will fix this

BTTrinity
11-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Gladiator and Raider are MUCH bigger problems than Shinobi, fkn cancerous as ****

8 ****ing unblockables
bleed
the uncanny ability to float around your enemies
unblockable wall pins
counter jabs...
way to fkn easy to play

Shinobi could use some small nerfs though, 100HP from the current 105, make it so EVERYONE gets a free grab for dodging kick, and fix the infinite dash exploit. I also think Gladiator should have less HP, no fkn armor on top of having one of the 2 best kits in the game (Raider)

Jarl.Felix
11-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Gladiator and Raider are MUCH bigger problems than Shinobi, fkn cancerous as ****

8 ****ing unblockables
bleed
the uncanny ability to float around your enemies
unblockable wall pins
counter jabs...
way to fkn easy to play

Shinobi could use some small nerfs though, 100HP from the current 105, make it so EVERYONE gets a free grab for dodging kick, and fix the infinite dash exploit. I also think Gladiator should have less HP, no fkn armor on top of having one of the 2 best kits in the game (Raider)

Wait what... Raider is a problem for you ? Mkay .. GIT GUD.

Knight_Raime
11-12-2017, 12:49 AM
LOL, who is talking about ranged GB? Nobody here has a problem with the ranged GB. It is a fact that Shinobi is OP and everybody and their dog knows it, you questioning it makes me believe you main Shinobi and dont want them nerfed.

...you serious? the OP was. Re read his opening post.
No I don't main him. Nice child like reasoning though.
Centurion is my main. But I do have 1 rep in shin. along with several other heros.

Knight_Raime
11-12-2017, 12:57 AM
Let me guess... Shinobi player?
My W/L and KD ratios are good so I think that I'm a decent player
The ranged attacks and GB aren't the main problem but they just make him more OP
I'm a PS4 user... Shinobi (and PK) attacks at around the same speed as my guard switching speed (without considering my reflexes - just the guard switching)

No. I only have one rep in him. Most played is centurion. I believe my second most played is orochi. But I have so many heros with 1-2 reps in them it's hard to say.
if you majorally play dominion I don't care what your stats are.
His ranged attacks don't land vs competent players in duels unless you are doing a max punish. So no. They don't aid him really at all.
yeah the attack speeds of both light attacks are 500ms. (well. Pk's second light speed varies depending but still) However I tend to block shin lights more than pk's. His animation at least for me is far more telling than pk's light animations.

The only good thing shin has outside his punishes are his lights and recovery times. He's more mobile which is nice but it doesn't help enough to matter. His roll in kick doesn't guarantee anything as far as I know unless you wall splat him. They got rid of his mix up of double dash so you either double dash and light or double dash and then kick. Issue with the kick though (besides it being easy to dodge) is that the heavy follow up has to be qued during the kick. Which means if I dodge your kick and you qued the heavy you are easily punished.

Back when shin was first released and his kick was faster and stronger overall I would have said he was "op" in a gimmicky way. But he's not anymore. Sickle rain is too hard to get into and his range does really nothing for him. maybe if his roll in kick did something for him and his ranged attacks were a bit more reliable i'd agree. But for now he just seems like a decent hero. with an inconsistent opener.

Howard_T_J
11-12-2017, 01:56 AM
If you think Orochi is OP. You're dying to predictability. If i get a top light combo off. You deserve to get hit for 30+ dmg. My dodge attacks are easily parried. You can GB while I dodge without me being able to CGB. I die in 2 and half heavy hits from almost any class. I run out of stamina in two zone attacks or a zone attack and dodge roll if I don't have stamina reduction.

You calling the most predictable class OP is comical.

Netcode_err_404
11-12-2017, 03:24 AM
If you think Orochi is OP. You're dying to predictability. If i get a top light combo off. You deserve to get hit for 30+ dmg. My dodge attacks are easily parried. You can GB while I dodge without me being able to CGB. I die in 2 and half heavy hits from almost any class. I run out of stamina in two zone attacks or a zone attack and dodge roll if I don't have stamina reduction.

So, i deserve 32 dmg because you pressed r1 ?

Good logic.

Ever heard that ratio between efforts/effectiveness ? Orochi completely ignores this.

0 efforts very good effectiveness.

Higl ander high efforts 0 effectiveness

I-ModernSpartan
11-12-2017, 06:04 AM
No. I only have one rep in him. Most played is centurion. I believe my second most played is orochi. But I have so many heros with 1-2 reps in them it's hard to say.
if you majorally play dominion I don't care what your stats are.
His ranged attacks don't land vs competent players in duels unless you are doing a max punish. So no. They don't aid him really at all.
yeah the attack speeds of both light attacks are 500ms. (well. Pk's second light speed varies depending but still) However I tend to block shin lights more than pk's. His animation at least for me is far more telling than pk's light animations.

The only good thing shin has outside his punishes are his lights and recovery times. He's more mobile which is nice but it doesn't help enough to matter. His roll in kick doesn't guarantee anything as far as I know unless you wall splat him. They got rid of his mix up of double dash so you either double dash and light or double dash and then kick. Issue with the kick though (besides it being easy to dodge) is that the heavy follow up has to be qued during the kick. Which means if I dodge your kick and you qued the heavy you are easily punished.

Back when shin was first released and his kick was faster and stronger overall I would have said he was "op" in a gimmicky way. But he's not anymore. Sickle rain is too hard to get into and his range does really nothing for him. maybe if his roll in kick did something for him and his ranged attacks were a bit more reliable i'd agree. But for now he just seems like a decent hero. with an inconsistent opener.

Again
His ranged attacks aren't the main problem and idc him having normal stats and ranged attacks
But why making him so OP and giving him ranged attacks?
Most of my games are duels
I dont claim to be really good... I just say that Im not a level 1 slaty noob who had his first fight vs shinobi and assassins in general
I play dominion only for the orders
Ye his attacks are more blockable then the PKs attacks but still are impossible to block if the opponent is smart enough (on PS4)
I manage to block his attacks only if he attacks twice at the same side

I-ModernSpartan
11-12-2017, 06:12 AM

Your second light is guaranteed... you just need to get one
Centurion has less HP
Your dodge attacks are perryable only if I feint

I had a fight yesterday against Orochi and he just abused the dodge attack so I start feinting and then I managed to attack him so he has nothing else to do because he is a noob so he left
There are a lot of people like that guy who uses orochi (and assassins in general) because they are really easy to use and really effective

I-ModernSpartan
11-12-2017, 07:11 AM
Those who claim, Orochi is Op just Burn My BRAIN!!

SO EASY TO PUNISH!!!! VANGUARD ? MAKES IT EVEN MORE EASIER. BECAUSE ALL YOU HAVE TO FOCUS ON IS TOP LIGHT LEFT Zone and some cheap Faint into GB.

Orochi is not even a Top Tier. so **** off morons

You just want to look like a badass
Orochi is OP
And this game is broken because of that

Knight_Raime
11-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Again
His ranged attacks aren't the main problem and idk him having normal stats and ranged attacks
But why making him so OP and giving him ranged attacks?
Most of my games are duels
I dont claim to be really good... I just say that Im not a level 1 slaty noob who had his first fight vs shinobi and assassins in general
I play dominion only for the orders
Ye his attacks are more blockable then the PKs attacks but still are impossible to block if the opponent is smart enough (on PS4)
I manage to block his attacks only if he attacks twice at the same side

I know. But you keep insisting that they some how make him better when they don't. There are only 2 instances in which his ranged attacks are useful in a duel. One is off of light parry. Which will be gone once the parry changes are dropped. As will all other Light parry punishes. I never once claimed you were a newb. Just that from your original post it sounded like you struggled against pretty basic things. I mean I still struggle against valk lights. But that doesn't make me bad as a whole.

I can block pk lights about 50% of the time and I play on xbox. It helps that I tend to play with a monitor where there is far less visual delay than your standard tv. Anyway my quote still stands. He's not OP because most of his kit is invalidated by a decent player. Outside light light and backflips he's rather weak. If all of his kicks were better as a whole and/or his ranged attacks were actually good he could be considered OP. But imo he's just gimmicky.

BTTrinity
11-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Wait what... Raider is a problem for you ? Mkay .. GIT GUD.

Why is that surprising? Raider is considered one of the most top tier characters, even in the top 1%

BarbeQMichael
11-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Why is that surprising? Raider is considered one of the most top tier characters, even in the top 1%

Yeah, but that was in beta when people didn't know how to parry so raider could get his zone easily in.

Maxime_Qc-
11-12-2017, 06:37 PM
O-M-G xD reading these thread make me LMFAO so fkn HARD !!!!!

Too much noob calling everything OP

Ubi-Boat
11-12-2017, 07:53 PM
Hey Everyone!

There are some great discussions going on in this thread. With discussions comes arguments and I understand that arguments can make some tempers rise. This doesn't mean that you can be disrespectful to fellow members though. Please continue to discuss and have constructive arguments, but remember to keep them on topic and treat others with respect. Thanks everyone!

Oupyz
11-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Shinobi is op , they over tuned him , i rarely complain about balance , but a fact still a fact

Howard_T_J
11-12-2017, 10:56 PM
So, i deserve 32 dmg because you pressed r1 ?

Good logic.

Ever heard that ratio between efforts/effectiveness ? Orochi completely ignores this.

0 efforts very good effectiveness.

Higl ander high efforts 0 effectiveness

Its simple. Leave top guard up.

I'll break it down.You've got a 50/50 chance that orochi is going to attack From the top or your right(zone). The rare times you'll see him attack from your left is on storm rush. Or mixing up lights.

Maybe i'm just playing better people? I don't know.

Maxime_Qc-
11-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Lolll Oupyz that is YOUR fact xD you get caught by super easy counterable attack

Like distance Atk on shinobi ..loll

I never Hey caught by this you got soooo much time To parry or counter the distance guardbreak... then he fell right in your face and you finish him xD easy as this

When he double Dodge if he's close enought you guard break its garrantee or you wait for the kick and you Dodge it and then guard break ... or just Dodge counter. ..i mean when he kick he need To first double Dodge then you see the smoke while he flip in the air and then after the flip the kick connect...like seriously the kick so long To arrived some time i just put the controler beside me look my watch eat a handfull of popcorn smoke and retake the controler To Dodge xD ...

A bit of over exageration here but for real i have at least the time To look my watch and put back my hand on the controler on time To Dodge

His heavy....i mean really he gotta fkn jump To throw a heavy lolll its like screaming *WATCHOUT IM COMING*

Seriously everytime shinobi throw a heavy you can ear the randy horton commentator screaming watch out watch ou watch out 3 time before the heavy connect...

Only good thing shinobi got is his double light. .. and dealing with spammer aint hard if you get killed by this you deserve To die lol

Also his only bleed Attack come from sickle rain (sickle rain on me = free parry ) and deflect ... your fault if you get deflect ... anyway with the amount of health he have if he take the risk and succeed To deflect he ****ing deserve it !!!

Screaming OP everywhere is easy but none of you here give good reason for saying this

Howard_T_J
11-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Your second light is guaranteed... you just need to get one
Centurion has less HP
Your dodge attacks are perryable only if I feint

I had a fight yesterday against Orochi and he just abused the dodge attack so I start feinting and then I managed to attack him so he has nothing else to do because he is a noob so he left
There are a lot of people like that guy who uses orochi (and assassins in general) because they are really easy to use and really effective

Just so you know. If you feint an orochi too much you'll end up paying for it int he long run. I stop dodging feint spammers and start zoning them.

PS. if you get your combo off. Hold down your jab charge don't release right away. 95% of the time orochi will dodge instantly after. But if you hold your charge then release after he starts dodge its a guaranteed hit.