PDA

View Full Version : Order and Havoc Live Event November 11th

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 03:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7PcIDNAnxA

As with the other season launch events, I will look out for new hero fight styles and listen out for any news the devs drop, as well as the order of events and when the devs say the next one is coming but not going to be giving a blow by blow account of who fights who and who wins and such.

Order of play is

Finals to the tournament
Season 4 heroes reveal
Dominion showmatch
Tribute mode reveal
Tribute showmatch.

There is a sweepstake to win a geforce gtx 1070 at forhonor.com/sweepstakes

For anyone who kept tabs on the tournament, UDA swept NRG 3-0. PK, nobushi, raider and lawbringer is a hell of a team. Clutchmeister was switching between taking advantage of CC from raider and lawbringer. UDA's nobushi held a lot of 1v2's, UDA's nobushi had a minute and a half 1v3.

Clutchmeister completely ripped off Connor McGreggor.

Season 4 reveals. Ronin are samurai without masters, in animating him they wanted to make him feel unique and having a style of his own, they wanted to make him different from the other katana users in orochi and kensei.

They wanted to make Shaman feel predatory and feral, you are meant to feel the violence behind every swing.

Apparently the animators totally take into account emote spamability, they play with the first four seconds over and over again.

Looks like both heroes have four and a half bars.

They see Aramusha as a taleof two swords, the infinite chain allows him to be super aggressive, the chain finish takes about a bar and a half, the finish can be cancelled into another direction and seamlessly back into infinite chain. On the other hand you have blade blockade which gives a stamina draining kick, a stun or heavies. The blade barrier cannot be held like warlord, it is a predictive tool.

Shaman has quick attacks but her main thing is blood trance. She can cancel her heavy opener into a bleed light in any direction,so an upgrade on the peacekeeper cancel. When the opponent isn't bleeding, her forward/back guardbreak is a shoulder tackle, when they are bleeding it turns into the pounce bite on the trailer. Zone attack is four hits and can be cancelled half way through for bleed.

When they went into freeflow rather than showing us their moves, we found that aramusha's disappear is part of his sprint attack. Shaman can cancel her dodge attacks into each other, guardbreak guarantees any dodge attack. Shaman has a nice different animation when her bite attack kills,more blood and a look at the camera.

For the next couple hours we are moving into the season 4 showpiece matches with the new characters.

FinnOfTheHorde
11-11-2017, 03:23 PM
So it is like last time? Few hours of tournament and at the end Shaman vs Aramusha dominion?

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 03:27 PM
So it is like last time? Few hours of tournament and at the end Shaman vs Aramusha dominion?

If I remember right, they will have the two finalist teams do 4v4 (assuming dominion as it will be season 3 builds) and they have the new heroes with Cartoonz and Daithi running teams of four.

Edit looked it up, Team Order is Daithi, Zerd-craic, Tru3Ta1ent and I think it is spelled Ellohime vs Team Havoc which is Cartoonz, Gorillaphant, Manvsgame and Tangent.

FinnOfTheHorde
11-11-2017, 03:28 PM
If I remember right, they will have the two finalist teams do 4v4 (assuming dominion as it will be season 3 builds) and they have brawls with the new heroes. Cartoonz and Daithi against another pair I would need to look up in the last Den.

Ok thx

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 03:36 PM
Ok thx

I edited after you posted, Cartoonz and Daithi head two teams of fourso I am assuming they will do dominion and tribute.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 07:07 PM
We have a live video I have added to the top post,goes live in less than an hour.

Vakris_One
11-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Thanks as always for your efforts Candle.

They should invite a couple more Youtubers to these events like Reavyne for example. I like his no nonsense style and he always tells it like it is. If something is bad he'll say so but he'll also mention the things that are good. He's very balanced in his feedback and he makes very good and informative videos, I really appreciate his fair and truthful approach. And in my opinion he makes some of the best guides on character move sets by far - he is always the first source I go to to get a grip on a character's moves. I've learned more about how all the characters work and how best to use their play style from him than any other source. Second to him is Jamie Birse's detailed character move guides.

I would also love to see Flookerson, Mege and Shmolty there as well at some point.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 08:04 PM

They should invite a couple more Youtubers to these events like Reavyne for example. I like his no nonsense style and he always tells it like it is. If something is bad he'll say so but he'll also mention the things that are good. He's very balanced in his feedback and he makes very good and informative videos, I really appreciate his fair and truthful approach. And in my opinion he makes some of the best guides on character move sets by far - he is always the first source I go to to get a grip on a character's moves. I've learned more about how all the characters work and how best to use their play style from him than any other source. Second to him is Jamie Birse's detailed character move guides.

I would also love to see Flookerson, Mege and Shmolty there as well at some point.

Yeah there are some youtubers that have been to every one so it would always be good to get some diversity. I'll haveto keep an eye on Reavyn's feed, had a quick look at his gladiator video just to get a look,Jbirse is one I am more familiar with.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 08:07 PM
For some reason the video I posted on here is stuck on waiting for Ubisoft when posted on this page, it is working on youtube and is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7PcIDNAnxA

Edit Fixed it, I changed the video when the first one didn't work to one that was more recent but the video tag had changed as well so I just had to fix that.Will leave the link here if people prefer it that way, you get to see it bigger and there is a chat panal.

Vakris_One
11-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Yeah there are some youtubers that have been to every one so it would always be good to get some diversity. I'll haveto keep an eye on Reavyn's feed, had a quick look at his gladiator video just to get a look,Jbirse is one I am more familiar with.
Reavyne's channel is pretty cool. It's where I get the most comprehensive character move set walk through's. I learned everything about the Glad and Highlander from his videos on them and will definitely be checking out his guides on Aramusha and Shaman

For some reason the video I posted on here is stuck on waiting for Ubisoft when posted on this page, it is working on youtube and is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7PcIDNAnxA

Edit Fixed it, I changed the video when the first one didn't work to one that was more recent but the video tag had changed as well so I just had to fix that.Will leave the link here if people prefer it that way, you get to see it bigger and there is a chat panal.
They've also got a stream up on Twitch as well just in case:

https://go.twitch.tv/forhonorgame

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Who said hidden stance was useless earlier? Toestab,missed, PK dodge forward heavy, missed and it comes with free damage when the opponent is in recovery. Say what you will about the unlocks nobushi had but nobushi holds middle like a boss lady in the right hands.

I also like how Clutchmeister is using his PK, very smart play waiting for his opponent to get wall splatted by the raider knee and getting double top heavy.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Season 4 trailer is playing, hero reveals should be here soon.

Vakris_One
11-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Clutchmeister.... possibly the worst human being to ever win something since Donald Trump, lol :D

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Clutchmeister.... possibly the worst human being to ever win something since Donald Trump, lol :D

Oh yeah he annoys me and I am English lol. But his play taking advantage of the CC was amazing.

Knight_Raime
11-11-2017, 09:09 PM

My problem with Reavyne is that he calls them "advanced/complete" guides but doesn't cover things like max punishes or character match ups. Majority of the video is just him running through the moveset and showing the moves. the only really "useful" info in there is when he shows some combos. But there is almost always combos he shows that are not true combos. The other thing that urks me about him is he does fall into the dev bashing/bait type of videos as well. Only for honor person I can stand personally that's not like crazy huge popularity wise is jbirse.
Other than that for me it's true, mege, and I forget the other big person that does frame stuff. I think it's a dark souls name.

Netcode_err_404
11-11-2017, 09:12 PM
lets call the biggest exploiters of the previous seasons, and pay them to show their faces again. Yeah, nice gg

Vakris_One
11-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Oh yeah he annoys me and I am English lol. But his play taking advantage of the CC was amazing.
Yep. Great player but sadly lacking in the likeable person department. Gotta give kudos to team NDA though, they had their teamwork and synergy down pat. NRG just didn't play as a very effective team together, they mostly played as individuals. They had some amazing individual moments like Skorbrand getting that awesome 3v1 to hold the point but they didn't have the synergy like NDA. Also they had an inferior character diversity in my opinion. Usually sporting 2 Raiders, a Glad and a Nobu and never a Bombringer. The Lawbringer really comes into his own in Dominion with his CC attacks but also his bomber man act that can take the minion point the fastest in the game and also cause major problems for a breaking enemy team.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Yep. Great player but sadly lacking in the likeable person department. Gotta give kudos to team NDA though, they had their teamwork and synergy down pat. NRG just didn't play as a very effective team together, they mostly played as individuals. They had some amazing individual moments like Skorbrand getting that awesome 3v1 to hold the point but they didn't have the synergy like NDA. Also they had an inferior character diversity in my opinion. Usually sporting 2 Raiders, a Glad and a Nobu and never a Bombringer. The Lawbringer really comes into his own in Dominion with his CC attacks but also his bomber man act that can take the minion point the fastest in the game and also cause major problems for a breaking enemy team.

Yeah the 3v1 actually highlighted that lack of teamwork all the more. They barely upped their score during it, hell I am a pug player and when I have held three tied up that long we got a 500 point gain through boosting, I have to wonder what the other three were doing since they either have the minion zone or the other zone to go after.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Lol >.< I'm pressing it I'm pressing it DON'T GO ON THE BRIDGE!

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Shaman is going to benefit very heavily from having a peacekeeper, gladiator or nobushi on her team, keep the blood flowing for blood trance.

Vakris_One
11-11-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm already seeing how useless the Aramusha's all block stance is going to become. The Shaman's mixup game is by far the better of the two and then there's her love bite. I can see her full kit continuing to be used even when players get used to her whereas the Aramusha's all block stance is already kinda useless let alone when everybody learns how he uses it. At best it's a counter to light spam but from what I have seen a turtle will be able to destroy the Aramusha. A turtle against the Shaman will have a hard time because she is basically the PK's light spam personified but with a lot more soft feints into bleeds and GB and that is kind of depressing to see to be honest.

Still too early to tell but I am already feeling kind of depressed with how the Aramusha will have to compromise and shelve some of his kit while the Shaman looks like her kit will remain fully usable well into the time when everyone knows what she can do. Essentially she looks like she has staying power while the Aramusha looks like he will be the next Highlander - a novelty flavour of the month but once some time passes his kit will become less and less usable at high level/competitive play.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm already seeing how useless the Aramusha's all block stance is going to become. The Shaman's mixup game is by far the better of the two and then there's her love bite. I can see her full kit continuing to be used even when players get used to her whereas the Aramusha's all block stance is already kinda useless let alone when everybody learns how he uses it. At best it's a counter to light spam but from what I have seen a turtle will be able to destroy the Aramusha. A turtle against the Shaman will have a hard time because she is basically the PK's light spam personified but with a lot more soft feints into bleeds and GB and that is kind of depressing to see to be honest.

Still too early to tell but I am already feeling kind of depressed with how the Aramusha will have to compromise and shelve some of his kit while the Shaman looks like her kit will remain fully usable well into the time when everyone knows what she can do. Essentially she looks like she has staying power while the Aramusha looks like he will be the next Highlander - a novelty flavour of the month but once some time passes his kit will become less and less usable at high level/competitive play.

I saw a few good things done with him, but like you say too early to say. in duel it will be stronger I think because it will be easier to use it in a reactive way, in 4v4 where there are more attacks coming in, I think it will be a case of having to be more aggressive unless you are holding a point 1v1. Shaman, yeah she has a lot available to her so it is going to be a matter of how much people actually use.

On another note, anyone waiting for tribute, that is coming up next.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Interesting, in the original reveal, no one went for oracle first, game one both teams go with that, the team that got two went defensive, no offensive buff right out the gate.