PDA

View Full Version : Ubi, you're making it hard to help the new comers.

Baggin_
11-11-2017, 02:54 PM
How can I help somebody new when their chat is set to off by default and they probably don't even know it?

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 03:08 PM
As I said to someone else who made this topic a couple days ago, if people are motivated to chat they will find out how to, but if they don't know how to turn it off and have to deal with toxicity, that is not going to keep them in the game.

Jerk teammates exist, I had someone on xbox with a mic yelling at the other two having hit him(I assume the other two I was nowhere near a teammate) none stop for about five minutes with such invective the game could not end soon enough.

Baggin_
11-11-2017, 03:20 PM
As I said to someone else who made this topic a couple days ago, if people are motivated to chat they will find out how to, but if they don't know how to turn it off and have to deal with toxicity, that is not going to keep them in the game.

Jerk teammates exist, I had someone on xbox with a mic yelling at the other two having hit him(I assume the other two I was nowhere near a teammate) none stop for about five minutes with such invective the game could not end soon enough.

Right, but how can you get the 5000 steel if you can't tell someone to join your team? It should be set to on, and if peoplr are too sensitive then they can turn it off themselfs.

Devils-_-legacy
11-11-2017, 03:22 PM
That is irritating as **** tho getting kiĺed because your team mates decided to attack through you. I must admit tho I keep chat off tho if I have to listen to one more little kid singing Justin beiber again I think I'll cry lol

Stahlrusse
11-11-2017, 05:03 PM
How can I help somebody new when their chat is set to off by default and they probably don't even know it?

Yes exactly. I asked many times, nobody notices. I sent out friend requests, looked like a creep doing it because nobody knows why I add them.

Vakris_One
11-11-2017, 05:13 PM
I must admit, I feel like a creepy dude hunting around for newbies. Cornering them in duel and going, "Hey there. Wanna group up? It'll be gooooood." and they're all like, "Um. I've been told not to talk to strangers, sir." And all because I gotta get my 5k steel fix! *snort* :)

Did Ubi make sure to let the newbies know about this "Warrior Training Program"?

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 05:21 PM
I must admit, I feel like a creepy dude hunting around for newbies. Cornering them in duel and going, "Hey there. Wanna group up? It'll be gooooood." and they're all like, "Um. I've been told not to talk to strangers, sir." And all because I gotta get my 5k steel fix! *snort* :)

Did Ubi make sure to let the newbies know about this "Warrior Training Program"?

It's on the map news screen but I rarely look closely at that, I did when I was new I think ages ago.

UbiInsulin
11-12-2017, 01:57 AM

Haha, well when you put it that way it's a bit odd for sure. I believe they'll be able to see information about the WTP from the in-game main menu, as well as on our Twitter, the subreddit, and our website.

@OP Thanks for raising this concern. Noobs may not think to look for the chat toggle, so I'll let the team know about this feedback.