PDA

View Full Version : Will the og heroes get a rework

Eyyupyeser95
11-11-2017, 09:52 AM
Can someone from ubi answer if the og heroes are gonna get a rework

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Can someone from ubi answer if the og heroes are gonna get a rework

Not an Ubi employee but I recap the Dens and keep an eye on the reddit activity of one. They are currently in the process of doing motion capture for at least some of the OG andar ein different phases of that in terms of completion, the first batch of changes are currently planned to be conqueror, berserker and kensei.No hard dates, motion capping moves is just the first bit, they still have to work it in with the current kit, test and balance it.

Right now their top priority in terms of fighting is changing the fight system in terms of the defensive meta but it is something they have kept us in the know that they are actively working on it.

Knight_Raime
11-11-2017, 12:06 PM
^ basically what candle said.
They have on top of adding in new content, quashing bugs, patching the game, and working on the defensive meta have also been working at making the OG heros better.
I personally was not aware that those three were the first batch.

My understanding is that all heros are going to be touched up at some point. No set date but for sure happening after all the defensive meta patches are out. As that is their main focus as far as fixing the game goes at this time.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 12:54 PM
^ basically what candle said.
They have on top of adding in new content, quashing bugs, patching the game, and working on the defensive meta have also been working at making the OG heros better.
I personally was not aware that those three were the first batch.

My understanding is that all heros are going to be touched up at some point. No set date but for sure happening after all the defensive meta patches are out. As that is their main focus as far as fixing the game goes at this time.

Someone had made a post on the competitive subreddit asking if after the first four reworks,adding orochi, were done if others would be getting them and got this answer from Eric.

-
Hi just wanted to clarify that the first set of reworks are planned to be Conq, Kensei, and Berserker. Not Orochi in there. Sorry to disappoint.

The team of course has a whole list they want to work on but I don't have it prioritized in order to share with you yet.
-

I do believe that orochi, and others, will get reworks in good time as well but they did say on the Den that different characters are in different phases of the motion capture process.

DaLast_Samurai
11-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Orochi, weaker then all of them, yet still on the back burner.
Sigh*

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Orochi, weaker then all of them, yet still on the back burner.
Sigh*

I didn't see a berserker, kensei or conqueror in the finals of the Hero Series, an orochi got to the semis I believe it was and managed to do it without using half the exploits others used while working in his full kit which half the mains on here pretend doesn't exist because it isn't guaranteed. Half the problem comes because people use a counter attacker as a toe to toe fighter against characters built for that, if you try to play an orochi like a conqueror against the conqueror, you will most likely lose.

Vakris_One
11-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Orochi definitely needs some love but he's not worse than those 3. He shares their woes in the sense of having more bad matchups than good but he has an opener in the form of his zone. He can pressure even major turtles by having that guessing game between top double light, zone and GB. He can force a reaction from the turtle and makes them constantly worry about whether to keep their guard to the top or the right. That's something the other 3 can only have wet dreams about.

His back dash + top heavy forward hit is also a very viable punish when timed right. But perhaps the most significant factor as to why they might have delayed reworking the Orochi is because when they tested the parry changes he and the Warden came out as one of the strongest punishers. Because they took away the guarranteed GB and heavy and left only a guarranteed light and both those characters can get a double light in. Maybe because of this they are waiting until they finalise what they want to do with parry.

Knight_Raime
11-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Someone had made a post on the competitive subreddit asking if after the first four reworks,adding orochi, were done if others would be getting them and got this answer from Eric.

-
Hi just wanted to clarify that the first set of reworks are planned to be Conq, Kensei, and Berserker. Not Orochi in there. Sorry to disappoint.

The team of course has a whole list they want to work on but I don't have it prioritized in order to share with you yet.
-

I do believe that orochi, and others, will get reworks in good time as well but they did say on the Den that different characters are in different phases of the motion capture process.

Oh cool thanks for sharing. Yeah my info is from a warriors den. I do hope they touch the entire roster. cent and shin also need some love.

UbiInsulin
11-11-2017, 11:12 PM
Yes, the team is working on reworks for some of the original heroes. As Eric said on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/7a78hm/i_have_a_question_after_the_four_reworks_are_done/dpaghi9/) (and Candle alluded to), the first set will be Conq, Kensei, and Berserker.

TSCDescon
11-11-2017, 11:38 PM
Lol berserker getting a rework?

He has the best feint game.

CoyoteXStarrk
11-12-2017, 12:15 AM
Whoa whoa whoa wtf is the Beserker getting reworked for?????

She is my main and she fine as she is!

Netcode_err_404
11-12-2017, 01:05 AM
Lol berserker getting a rework?

He has the best feint game.

that does work only against slow classes that are out of the meta since pre alpha xD

Oupyz
11-12-2017, 01:15 AM
where is Orochi and Nobushi ,

both of the characters has no opener

Stahlrusse
11-12-2017, 01:19 AM
Yes, the team is working on reworks for some of the original heroes. As Eric said on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/7a78hm/i_have_a_question_after_the_four_reworks_are_done/dpaghi9/) (and Candle alluded to), the first set will be Conq, Kensei, and Berserker.

Exactly the champs that need it the most. Looking forward to it!

TSCDescon
11-12-2017, 01:56 AM
Exactly the champs that need it the most. Looking forward to it!

Nah.

CoyoteXStarrk
11-12-2017, 09:00 AM
my Beserker is one of the FEW joys I have left in this game. If they ruin her I am done for good idgaf what comes out.

I have mained her since the Beta.

SHE DOESN'T NEED TO BE REWORKED

Tyrjo
11-12-2017, 09:38 AM
where is Orochi and Nobushi ,

both of the characters has no opener

What makes you think all characters should have an opener?

Orochi is not half as bad as people make it out to be.

guor6800
11-12-2017, 09:53 AM
What makes you think all characters should have an opener?

Orochi is not half as bad as people make it out to be.

I think it has to do more with the playstyle. Orochi's style is nonetheless usable and effective but boring as hell. Same goes for Conq.

Oupyz
11-12-2017, 09:56 AM
what makes me think is the dlc character that are forcing a reaction on people , dont get me wrong , its the best for the game the shaman and glad and shinobi , that's how u kill the turtle meta slowly
i do think the shaman is the best design hero by far for a fighting game rest should follow this design

CandleInTheDark
11-12-2017, 05:47 PM
I think it has to do more with the playstyle. Orochi's style is nonetheless usable and effective but boring as hell. Same goes for Conq.

Problem is it is a playstyle against the orochi's actual kit. Orochi is a burst damage counter attacker,people pretend half his kit doesn't exist because they want safe damage, they use him as a conqueror against a conqueror and decide he is weaker because he doesn't fit that style. One of the few good things about the hero series tournament three months ago was seeing an orochi main winning matches using the entire kit. 'Not effective' or 'boring' is on most of the player base that main him.