PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the parry nerf/defense.

Baggin_
11-11-2017, 01:53 AM
If you get a heavy parry you would get a free lite, if you parry an opening lite you get free heavy, but if you parry a lite off of a combo you would only get a lite. Nothing gets a free guard break and blocking not only does more chip damage, but also costs a lot more stam on impact.

BTTrinity
11-11-2017, 02:12 AM
If you get a heavy parry you would get a free lite, if you parry an opening lite you get free heavy, but if you parry a lite off of a combo you would only get a lite.

Not a bad idea, provided they dont make exceptions for characters and EVERY hero has to go with these follow ups. They should also make the parry timing more strict, to match Crushing Counter, it should NOT be easy, it should be a risky thing to do (its not)

Nothing gets a free guard break and blocking not only does more chip damage, but also costs a lot more stam on impact.

Also approve of these, I have no idea why it doesnt cost stamina to block. It doesnt need to cost a lot, but enough that the opponent cant block for years with no repercussions.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 02:53 AM
They should also make the parry timing more strict, to match Crushing Counter, it should NOT be easy, it should be a risky thing to do (its not)

Honestly I rarely struggle with crushing counter, though yeah I do think it needs to be closer to that timing than its current timing. Mind you part of why I don't struggle might be it only applies in the top stance and I wait for heavies.

Baggin_
11-11-2017, 02:57 AM
Honestly I rarely struggle with crushing counter, though yeah I do think it needs to be closer to that timing than its current timing. Mind you part of why I don't struggle might be it only applies in the top stance and I wait for heavies.

What if they made it like Highlanders crushing counter I find it a little harder to pull off than Wardens.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 03:05 AM
What if they made it like Highlanders crushing counter I find it a little harder to pull off than Wardens.

I never used Highlander in PVP so I have nothing as a frame of reference, I had been going to mention him when I said Warden is only from the top but I realised I don't fully know what I am talking about lol.

BTTrinity
11-11-2017, 03:23 PM

Rarely struggling with a parry is better than never struggling.

BTTrinity
11-11-2017, 03:28 PM

If its harder to do than crushing counter than hell yeah. Though Ive never used HL so idk.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Rarely struggling with a parry is better than never struggling.

Oh yeah definitely I agree,I don't think there should be no change, I was just saying that, with the caveat Warden is only from the top and I pick and choose when to go for it, it isn't something I found too hard. Still like Baggin said, it might be harder when it is from all sides like Highlander.