PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Why the graphics downgrade Ubisoft!?

Milansan
11-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Why the massive graphics downgrade Ubisoft? Is this the way the game is going to look like from now? Was this intentional?

As a lifelong fan of the series and someone who's pretty much bought and supported every AC title, I feel I, and we, have a right to know exactly what's going on. Is the graphics downgrade part of a bad patch or is it intentional?

I have a friend who's not a gamer, but after all the hype around Origins he bought a TV and an Xbox for this game...he told me last night (being halfway through the campaign) that he is going to stop playing now because the graphics are so bad. I mean...do you hear what I'm saying!?

I would think after the Unity fiasco that Ubi would actively try and communicate with people, and address these issues head on. To just say "we are looking into it" is not acceptable. It's not fair towards people who spent hard earned cash to buy this game.

I sincerely hope these issues gets fixed. But I would also have valued Ubisoft coming out and saying "look, we messed up with this patch, but we are fixing the issues, please be patient. etc." Unless of course they are not fixing it, and the graphics downgrade (which is only one of the issues I currently experience) is permanent.

If the game we saw on trailers and preview vids, and experienced for the first few weeks is not the game I will experience again after some proper patching, this will undoubtedly be the last Ubisoft game I will ever buy.

danijel.1983
11-10-2017, 08:46 AM
My friend plays on Xbox. Says the game is amazing no bugs no crashing no bad graphics. Everything running great since day one. So I dunno how that can be since Xbox is the same machine for everyone.

SofaJockey
11-10-2017, 08:54 AM
My friend plays on Xbox. Says the game is amazing no bugs no crashing no bad graphics. Everything running great since day one. So I dunno how that can be since Xbox is the same machine for everyone.

Playing ACO on the base Xbox (with all the patches) and it looks lovely.

Milansan
11-10-2017, 08:56 AM
the issue is not the Xbox, it is most likely the patch they released. Now if that can only affect certain machines...I don't know, it seems so. How that works I'm not sure.

Regardless, there are many people reporting a massive graphics downgrade on Xbox, PS and PC. When you release a patch, and suddenly a whole lot of people are reporting a drop in graphics, bad frame rates, texture popping and bad draw distance, and in my case even HDR lighting disappearing, as a developer I would feel the need to address these issues immediately and decisively.

To have the attitude of "oh well...what is a few hundred users experiencing issues in the greater scheme of things" would be unacceptable in any industry.

I am a huge fan of the franchise, and I'm a huge fan of this game and have been loving it...I'm not looking for a reason to bash! I want to play this game and enjoy it, and at the moment I feel cheated and robbed of that experience.

Milansan
11-10-2017, 08:57 AM
My game also looked lovely...hence my frustration. If this happened to you, you would feel the same.

Breyzipp
11-10-2017, 10:20 AM

I play on the standard XBox One as well and for that console compared to other games it sure looks great. But that is not the point, for the X1X and the PS4 Pro there have been graphical downgrades in the latest patches 1.03/1.04 like reduced draw distance and such. Ubisoft probably decided to tone down the game on those systems to make the game more stable or something like that. Really sucks if before the patch you had no issues.

My X1X Scorpio Edition arrives next Tuesday so I will be able to judge the differences with the base XBox myself then. Got a 4K HDR 65” TV so on the X1X I should see big performance and visual improvements.

SofaJockey
11-10-2017, 10:42 AM
As it's all rather subjective, any chance of some screenshots?

As 'it looks bad' is pretty meaningless otherwise.

Stiler
11-10-2017, 11:01 AM
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/assassins-creed-origins-players-report-graphical-downgrades-after-recent-patch

Some pics and things in that post, hopefully it's a bug and will be fixed.

FOX_1976_FOX
11-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Why the massive graphics downgrade Ubisoft? Is this the way the game is going to look like from now? Was this intentional?

As a lifelong fan of the series and someone who's pretty much bought and supported every AC title, I feel I, and we, have a right to know exactly what's going on. Is the graphics downgrade part of a bad patch or is it intentional?

I have a friend who's not a gamer, but after all the hype around Origins he bought a TV and an Xbox for this game...he told me last night (being halfway through the campaign) that he is going to stop playing now because the graphics are so bad. I mean...do you hear what I'm saying!?

I would think after the Unity fiasco that Ubi would actively try and communicate with people, and address these issues head on. To just say "we are looking into it" is not acceptable. It's not fair towards people who spent hard earned cash to buy this game.

I sincerely hope these issues gets fixed. But I would also have valued Ubisoft coming out and saying "look, we messed up with this patch, but we are fixing the issues, please be patient. etc." Unless of course they are not fixing it, and the graphics downgrade (which is only one of the issues I currently experience) is permanent.

If the game we saw on trailers and preview vids, and experienced for the first few weeks is not the game I will experience again after some proper patching, this will undoubtedly be the last Ubisoft game I will ever buy.

This is exactly what i thought.
And on several occasions on E3 2017 and Gamescom 2017 Ismail Ashraf told in interviews "Yes we have heard you" "Yes will will deliver good work, no second AC Unity fiasco will happen..blablabla".
Granted itīs not a second ACU fiasco but what they have done again is not like "Yes we have heard you.. donīt worry".

Is this the way UBI you want to get connected to your customers??? What a disappointment AGAIN.

bbucha
11-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Not only consoles are affected, PC is also.
I think that something went wrong with the drawdistance value in the last patch. I aswell sincerly hope they will fix this as soon as possible.
Posted this screenshot before but here goes it again since requested:

(PC Screenshot Ultra Settings@1080p - drawdistance problem)
https://abload.de/img/assassinscreedorigins9wu0v.jpg

I know that when zooming in with the predator bow the Problem becomes very clear that is why i`ve choosen this screenshot, but the problem also comes up when flying or exploring with Senu, if the clutter is turned to maximum on PC, the grass will constantly pop up in a range of around 70 meters, even while flying in circles of the same area (tested in siwa).

To give a more detailed description i will post my settings aswell, so that the developers can investigate.
Specs:
Windows10x64 v. 1709(Build 16299.19)
i7 6700k
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
16GB Corsair DDR4 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
GTX1070 Palit Superyetstream
Drive OS: Samsung ssd 850pro
Gameinstallation: HDD Western Digital WD30EZRX-00DC0B0 Sata-III
The system consist of more drives but i think that will not matter in this case so i leave the unrelavant stuff out this includes peripherals.
PSU - 1000W bequiet

InGame Graphic settings:

General:
Graphic Quality - Ultra High
Dynamic Resolution - off
Anti-Aliasing - High
Shadows - Ultra High

Environment:
Environment Details - Ultra High
Texture Detail: - High
Tessellation - Very High
Terrain - High
Clutter - Very High
Fog - Very High
Water - Very High
Screen Space Reflections - High
Volumetric Clouds - on

Characters:
Texture Detail - High
Character - Ultra High

pot Processing:
Ambient Occlusion- Very High
Depth of Field - on

I hope this helps.

Milansan
11-10-2017, 02:38 PM
My BIG QUESTION I need answered is if this is permanent and intentional!?

SnakeLocke
11-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CNkfzdQOPo&feature=youtu.be

ProdiGurl
11-10-2017, 03:38 PM
This is another reason I play my games Offline, I don't know if the Latest X1 update changed this, but it used to be if I had any game on my console that had an available patch, it would auto download it - with no high speed, that's a nitemare. So far, other than Nomad's Bazaar only selling the same 2 items & no missions or dialog w/ Reda, I haven't needed a patch for anything -
I don't know what my graphics would look like but I do see alot of people with degraded graphics.
Origins is the most Gorgeous game I've ever played in my life - I hope I don't have to Dld this patch in case it might screw mine up.
If somebody isn't too far into the game & you don't have game-breaking bugs, you might wanna delete & reinstall the game & go back to the original.

Milansan
11-10-2017, 06:25 PM
This is another reason I play my games Offline, I don't know if the Latest X1 update changed this, but it used to be if I had any game on my console that had an available patch, it would auto download it - with no high speed, that's a nitemare. So far, other than Nomad's Bazaar only selling the same 2 items & no missions or dialog w/ Reda, I haven't needed a patch for anything -
I don't know what my graphics would look like but I do see alot of people with degraded graphics.
Origins is the most Gorgeous game I've ever played in my life - I hope I don't have to Dld this patch in case it might screw mine up.
If somebody isn't too far into the game & you don't have game-breaking bugs, you might wanna delete & reinstall the game & go back to the original.

That's exactly what I did...I uninstalled and reinstalled...without the patches obviously. My saved game managed to stay intact, not sure how, probably when it synced and then I cancelled the patch download. The draw distance issue still seems to be there...but I'm not sure if I'm now just so tuned in to everything that might be wrong.

Anybody know if letting your saved game sync could transfer any issues from the patches? I highly doubt that it could but you never know. Either way...I wish this game could just be again what I experienced in the first two weeks!! Really loving it

SnakeLocke
11-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Downgrade is official!!

Digital Foundry confirmed: the game now is like the pre-release build.

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/929007978186969089

Triumphant75
11-10-2017, 08:04 PM
It's useless to go back to 1.00 patch. The game was released on Day One patch 1.02 so compare draw distance to that and not to 1.00 patch which is the pre-release version

juzten76
11-10-2017, 10:42 PM
I complained in another thread about this looking ugly and crashing after the patch on my Xbox One. However, I'm wondering if this was some glitch because once I rebooted by Xbox and played the next day, everything was looking beautiful again with little to no pop in and a buttery smooth framerate. Also no crashes like I had right after patching. Is it possible for games to mess up after being patched if your cache hasn't been cleared. Keep in mind, I'm not calling anyone a liar who's had this problem because everyone's experience is different. I'm just amazed that some people are saying this game now looks like crap when even on my day one X1 it looks amazing.

maramsp
11-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Not only consoles are affected, PC is also.
I think that something went wrong with the drawdistance value in the last patch. I aswell sincerly hope they will fix this as soon as possible.
Posted this screenshot before but here goes it again since requested:

(PC Screenshot Ultra Settings@1080p - drawdistance problem)
https://abload.de/img/assassinscreedorigins9wu0v.jpg

I know that when zooming in with the predator bow the Problem becomes very clear that is why i`ve choosen this screenshot, but the problem also comes up when flying or exploring with Senu, if the clutter is turned to maximum on PC, the grass will constantly pop up in a range of around 70 meters, even while flying in circles of the same area (tested in siwa).

To give a more detailed description i will post my settings aswell, so that the developers can investigate.
Specs:
Windows10x64 v. 1709(Build 16299.19)
i7 6700k
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
16GB Corsair DDR4 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
GTX1070 Palit Superyetstream
Drive OS: Samsung ssd 850pro
Gameinstallation: HDD Western Digital WD30EZRX-00DC0B0 Sata-III
The system consist of more drives but i think that will not matter in this case so i leave the unrelavant stuff out this includes peripherals.
PSU - 1000W bequiet

InGame Graphic settings:

General:
Graphic Quality - Ultra High
Dynamic Resolution - off
Anti-Aliasing - High
Shadows - Ultra High

Environment:
Environment Details - Ultra High
Texture Detail: - High
Tessellation - Very High
Terrain - High
Clutter - Very High
Fog - Very High
Water - Very High
Screen Space Reflections - High
Volumetric Clouds - on

Characters:
Texture Detail - High
Character - Ultra High

pot Processing:
Ambient Occlusion- Very High
Depth of Field - on

I hope this helps.

Honestly. That problem that you have, i do have not.

Still its possible for me when i fly high up with senu in Memphis, to see Alexendria very good.
As well for your issue with the bow, i also dont have it.

I have this system:

Amd fx 8350 (turned off cool n quiet in the bios)
EVGA geforce gtx 970 superclocked acx 2.0
20gb ddr3 1600mhz ram
Game installed on 250gb kingston ssdnow uv400 drive

Im maxing the game out, with the exception of anti aliasing (which is on medium)
And also i dont use dynamic resolution, and as well v-sync is off.

I do however have forced triple buffering in nvidia control panel, and set max pre rendered frames to 1.

I havent been to the south of egypt yet, because i "clear" every zone before continuing, but still, i think i will be able to see very far when im on top of the world in the desheret desert.

So honestly, where your problem comes from, i really dont know.

RVSage
11-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Looks like a LODing bug

Buschkoeter
11-11-2017, 12:58 AM
Damn, I never noticed that stuff unitl I found all the posts on this forum about it. I don't know if it ever was different (I'm on normal Xbox) but know that I know it, I see it everywhere. Suddenly, I notice all those pixelated trees and bad textures in the distance. I hope they do something about it. Then again, I'm not sure if that was ever different on normal Xbox, maybe it's just the limitations on standard Xbox One? Can someone whose also on Xbox confirm that it was different before the latest patches?

maramsp
11-11-2017, 01:49 AM
Maybe this makes me a bit selfish after what ive typed now.
But the above problem is the one reason im sticking to pc when a game is available on it.
If its a console exclusive that i desperately want to play (kingdom hearts 3 for example, but it isnt out yet) then i will buy a console, like i did in the past (for heavy rain)
Dont get me wrong, a game should be playable for all gamers with the best possible options, but still i think you will have more options if you are playing on pc, then that you will have on console.

ProdiGurl
11-11-2017, 02:02 AM
Maybe this makes me a bit selfish after what ive typed now.
But the above problem is the one reason im sticking to pc when a game is available on it.
If its a console exclusive that i desperately want to play (kingdom hearts 3 for example, but it isnt out yet) then i will buy a console, like i did in the past (for heavy rain)
Dont get me wrong, a game should be playable for all gamers with the best possible options, but still i think you will have more options if you are playing on pc, then that you will have on console.
I'm just the opposite, I used to game on my PC when I got back into gaming around 2009/2010 & my problem was that it was taxing my PC - they'd keep dying sooner than they should (it wasn't a top of the line system tho either) - NEways, I used my PC alot for everything else & it cost too much to replace new Graphics cards as the next game's specs demanded better parts.
Then there's alot of glitches due to different parts...
then I read all kinds of posts here on troubleshooting - - I'm not a tech, I don't know how to do all these settings & tweak this or that - Plus, if my console goes down, I at least still have a PC.
I have no interest in PC gaming & I certainly can't afford all the upgrading that has to be done over time

maramsp
11-11-2017, 02:59 AM
I'm just the opposite, I used to game on my PC when I got back into gaming around 2009/2010 & my problem was that it was taxing my PC - they'd keep dying sooner than they should (it wasn't a top of the line system tho either) - NEways, I used my PC alot for everything else & it cost too much to replace new Graphics cards as the next game's specs demanded better parts.
Then there's alot of glitches due to different parts...
then I read all kinds of posts here on troubleshooting - - I'm not a tech, I don't know how to do all these settings & tweak this or that - Plus, if my console goes down, I at least still have a PC.
I have no interest in PC gaming & I certainly can't afford all the upgrading that has to be done over time

Thats true indeed, new pc parts costs a lot for upgrading. But still my system is almost 3 years old now, and can top every game at 1080p still..

But yes, if my pc goes down, i dont have a replacement or a console.

But, i take care of my pc, and im also quite the pc doctor, so i think its not going down fast :)

Buschkoeter
11-11-2017, 03:10 AM
As far as I know PC players seem to experience the same issues with the game. So the almighty PC is not, at least in this case, the solution to all problems.

Black_Widow9
11-11-2017, 03:13 AM
Hey everyone,

Thanks to those who have sent their videos and screenshots to support, we've recently been able to reproduce the issue and we are now working on a fix with urgency.

Thank you for your patience in the matter and we'll keep you updated as we receive further information regarding this in our Known Issues thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1773724).

Thanks

Jumpy-BL
11-11-2017, 03:51 AM
Hey everyone,

Thanks to those who have sent their videos and screenshots to support, we've recently been able to reproduce the issue and we are now working on a fix with urgency.

Thank you for your patience in the matter and we'll keep you updated as we receive further information regarding this in our Known Issues thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1773724).

Thanks

Nice. Thanks for update.

Milansan
11-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Hey everyone,

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

All that is needed is communication (besides a fix of course...of which I hope the draw distance change is among the "Change in graphics quality after the latest Title Update" in the known issues section.)