PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft the professional trolls

chubbycakes7
11-10-2017, 03:41 AM
Just lol, great job Ubi, you got me good. I've never actually liked any of your games tbh, I think the lore behind the AC series is trash and I think you basically release boring garbage, so I've learned quite a long while ago to avoid your games. I played the original AC game and a couple of others but I couldn't tell you who Ezio is and Watchdogs was garbage, etc. You're pretty much the only gaming company I actively avoid due to the quality of your games.

I decided upon watching the reviews for AC Origins to give you another chance. Because the game looked great. I genuinely believed that you had learned from your mistakes and were just looking to make good games. I bought the game and season pass, and for the first week or two I was enamoured with the world you had created. And with the latest patch, you have deliberately gone out of your way to undo as much of that as possible by making your formerly immersive title a washed out muddled pixelated train wreck of a game. I don't know why you did it, but I could have a couple of guesses. People seem to think you sabotaged the graphics on other consoles to enhance the desirability of the new Xbox. I think that's a bit of a stretch, but who knows? I think it's due to your DLC plans for the game. Maybe the coming DLC won't run all that well if you don't nuke the graphics, so rather than deal with the fallout later when it's more obvious, you just decided to blow it up now. I don't know, I can't see any other reasonable cause why you would do this to your own game, to your own work.

But regardless of the reason why, you have pulled off a pretty good troll on me, one of your customers. I paid for one thing, now I have another. In what other industry besides this one do you think you could actually get away with that? Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

And lol@your support staff saying you're looking into it. Yeah sure you are..you'll say that for a couple of weeks, hoping that everyone just accepts what you've done to the game. Maybe they will, you seem to have refined the art of scamming money from people so I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll pull it off. Good on ya, you're by far the best trolls I know. ^_^

Milansan
11-10-2017, 08:05 AM
hey man....al a fan from the AC series from the beginning...I've been so hyped out about this game! I was watching game-play vids and trailers since the reveal...and obviously at launch I was ecstatic!
I thoroughly enjoyed this game since it came out, and even felt compelled to write a thread saying thank you to Ubi for making this great game.

...then things went horribly wrong....

Now my game is pretty much un-playable...besides the massive graphics downgrade my lighting is all messed up, and the texture popping is so damn obvious that its all I see everywhere. My one friend who's not a gamer bought a tv and an xbox just for this game, because I hyped it up so much, and last night he told me that he's going to stop playing now because the graphics are so bad.

I'm sincerely hoping they fix this...but something that really ticks me off is their silence on this matter. After the disaster of Unity you would think they realized gamers are not stupid, and to guard their reputation. I wish they could just come out and say listen, we messed up with the patch, please be patient we are addressing these issues, but like you say, maybe this has been part of their plan from the start. Either way...I'm bitterly disappointed...I feel betrayed.

If this doesn't get fixed to the utmost...this would be the last Ubisoft game I'll ever buy

bbucha
11-10-2017, 10:50 AM
what you write is your opinion, however a very childish one. Im not playing on any console im playing on PC, and on pc you encounter the same exact issue. Even on Ultra graphics. The problem should be easy to spot, its the drawdistance and the viewdistance that is affected, the same problem appeared in Unity...
As they mentioned they are investigating the problem, im just not sure if they will fix it on PC aswell, since they probably thought nobody noticed, I liked the visuals of Origins in (1.1 -1.2) look before but this seems a common thing with AC you simply need to finish the game in a week or you cant enjoy it in the full visual glory

Proof PC Ultra Settings @1080p
https://abload.de/img/assassinscreedorigins9wu0v.jpg

I sincerly hope they will fix this.

chubbycakes7
11-10-2017, 12:05 PM
I never said the issues were limited to console, I relayed what other people are saying about it, and went on to say I dont find it very likely that it's a manufactured issue to sell Xboxes.

So which part is childish exactly? Must be the part where you are trying to get argumentative but dont seem to disagree with what I'm saying. Yup, pretty childish.

Not to mention that you admit that this is always an issue with AC games, but still believe they're going to 'fix' it. Just lol,no, everything in your post contradicts itself.

bbucha
11-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Im not gonna argue with you about it. I know that you are angry but your approach to the whole situation (trash / garbage) made me come to this conclusion.
I think you can do better and state your opinion without being insulting.
Yes i mentioned that it seems to be a common thing i should've been more clear about my words, what i meant is that the same issue occurred in Assassins creed unity.

CliveVLewis
11-10-2017, 01:01 PM
You do have some valid points. Could have been put across in a better way.

AnimusLover
11-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Why is it that Ubisoft fans always like to censor how people express their opinion. The OP is allowed to be angry with dodgy practices.
This is the reason why Ubisoft constantly treat their fans like dirt. Only Ubisoft would have the audacity to release a game like Unity then release Syndicate a year after and it's because of how stupid they believe their fans are. And when you constantly talk about "not being so mean to them" they just laugh at you.
I never considered that they downgraded the graphics for the Xbox X but seeing as they used these game to promote it that makes sense.
Personally, I didn't think the graphics were that great before as some of the rock textures and character models/skins were really low detail. The only difference is that the draw distance is ugly now.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Why is it that Ubisoft fans always like to censor how people express their opinion. The OP is allowed to be angry with dodgy practices.
This is the reason why Ubisoft constantly treat their fans like dirt. Only Ubisoft would have the audacity to release a game like Unity then release Syndicate a year after and it's because of how stupid they believe their fans are. And when you constantly talk about "not being so mean to them" they just laugh at you.
I never considered that they downgraded the graphics for the Xbox X but seeing as they used these game to promote it that makes sense.
Personally, I didn't think the graphics were that great before as some of the rock textures and character models/skins were really low detail. The only difference is that the draw distance is ugly now.
THEN STOP BUYING THE GAME. Everything they do is always on purpose... if you really believed that, you'd have stopped playing years ago.
I don't know of any company that *purposely* wants to put out crap, screw customers then listen to the barrage of customer complaints for the fun of it.? I have a hard time believing that.

Nobody said that people "can't" be rude & obnoxious, it's just that others have the same right to call it out as rude & obnoxious & that we should just treat Devs better than that. So having rights works both ways.

AnimusLover
11-10-2017, 05:43 PM
THEN STOP BUYING THE GAME.

Uh, if the game you bought is one way and then is changed AFTER purchase with a patch how does this make sense?

Everything they do is always on purpose... if you really believed that, you'd have stopped playing years ago.

I like Ubisoft games despite their flaws. And in the case of GRW and Dishonoured 2, I didn't buy them. The Division, I got a deep, deep sale. The only Ubisoft game that's a definite buy or day 1 buy is Assassin's Creed. I've never regretted my purchase, even Revelations because I wanted to see Ezio's journey.

I don't know of any company that *purposely* wants to put out crap, screw customers

Yeah, Ubisoft.

then listen to the barrage of customer complaints for the fun of it.? I have a hard time believing that.

Don't confuse the publisher with the dev. The publisher doesn't care so long as it makes money and they are the decider. The devs are caught inbetween and it's often not their fault.

Nobody said that people "can't" be rude & obnoxious, it's just that others have the same right to call it out as rude & obnoxious & that we should just treat Devs better than that.

Nobody is berating the devs, they are berating the publisher. Learn the difference.

RVSage
11-11-2017, 12:02 AM
I agree, there is a problem, but to be outright rude and using words like garbage/ trash is not the right way to go about it, being vocal about a problem and rude are two different things.And I feel the OP is being rude.

chubbycakes7
11-11-2017, 01:14 AM
If I was to say 'Pizza Hut tastes like crap' nobody is going to say I'm being super rude to Pizza Hut workers lol. Ubisoft is a big company, I don't normally like their products, it's a matter of taste/preference. If you honestly think I'm hurting anyone's feelings by simply not liking something, then you need to get a grip.

That said, I do like Assassins Creed Origins and that's what were all here to talk about, the other games aren't really relevant and I only mentioned that to provide a context for how I view Ubisoft as a company. It's not like I'm alone in this opinion of their general business practices or the quality of their games, and I wasn't really being that fierce about how I went about my criticism of them, it's actually a pretty soft post. But I'm a strong believer in free speech so if you take offense to the way I've worded anything, by all means go ahead and complain about it, I don't care. It doesn't change anything about the spirit of the message.

ProdiGurl
11-11-2017, 02:11 AM
This is not about free speech, it's about treating Devs with a little more respect on a public board. Anybody can say nearly anything - & in the spirit of free speech, people who find something abusive or rude can object to it on a public board. Not everyone likes seeing that and it sets a tone for a forum - - and for gamers too. Maybe these days this kinda thing just doesn't matter anymore & we have to expect trashing company employees who are working to put out good games for us?
With that said, what's being stated is that Devs do this on purpose... I think the people who believe that should stop complaining and just stop buying Ubisoft games then. Not sure I'd freely choose to hand over $60+ to get abused by a company that's laughing at me as the customer.
?

chubbycakes7
11-11-2017, 02:56 AM
'I don't like seeing something so it shouldn't be there.'

Sounds like a personal problem, not mine.

Your concerns have already been addressed a couple of times, and you're not presenting an argument you're just saying you don't like seeing these posts. I already said, I do avoid Ubisoft games, happily and often. The problem is in this instance that the game was changed significantly after launch in a way that directly effects the experience to a large degree, this makes making an eductated informed purchase decision impossible. This isn't an MMO where 'game experience may change during online play' applies. Single player games should not be subject to patches that significantly reduce visual quality, after people have already bought it. There is no legal jargon that makes that ethical to do. You, on other threads, have said you don't even patch your game. Good for you, but this discussion is obviously well beyond your experience, hence why you aren't adding anything to it.

You have the option to report something if you think it's offensive. We acknowledge that you don't like seeing these types of discussions, it's been acknowledged, it is duly noted. Any other personal issues we can help you with?

Black_Widow9
11-11-2017, 03:01 AM
Hi Chubbycakes,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always looking to improve your experience not only within the worlds themselves but in quality as well. I promise you this statement is not the case.

deliberately gone out of your way to undo as much of that as possible by making your formerly immersive title a washed out muddled pixelated train wreck of a game

We really appreciate everyone who sent in their videos and screenshots so we could investigate further. Our team was recently able to reproduce the issue and we are now able to work on a fix with urgency.

Please keep an eye on the Known Issues thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1773724) for updates and thanks for your patience while we look to resolve this.

chubbycakes7
11-11-2017, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the update. If the issues were seeing are fixed I will be very happy to continue with my initial appraisal and give Ubisoft a clean slate due to their great work on AC:O. And obviously I'll be glad to be wrong in this case if the game goes back to launch level graphics.

Milansan
11-11-2017, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the update. If the issues were seeing are fixed I will be very happy to continue with my initial appraisal and give Ubisoft a clean slate due to their great work on AC:O. And obviously I'll be glad to be wrong in this case if the game goes back to launch level graphics.

I totally agree. All I really want is to have the experience I had in the first two weeks, and I will be happy! This is such an amazing game that I think any graphics spoilers makes it extra bad! I truly truly hope the draw distance is one of the issues under "Change in graphics quality after the latest Title Update"...it's one of the biggest drawbacks!

Thanks for the update Ubi