PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One X] Game freeze with high pitched noise

Nilbo_NZ
11-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Since i started playing on the xbox one x i have had the game freeze with a high pitched noise 3 times which lasts for 2-3 seconds before the game continues normally. Has anyone else had this issue?

bjohnsguam
11-09-2017, 09:51 PM
This has happened to me at least twice.

SofaJockey
11-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Yes.

Very occasional (every 20 hours maybe) and the game doesn't crash, you can carry on.

Ubi-Keo
11-10-2017, 04:01 PM
I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue.

Can you confirm that you are connected to the internet and have the latest patch update installed?

Can you also provide a video of this issue?

Breyzipp
11-11-2017, 03:59 PM
This happened to me yesterday 1 time as well (on a 4-5 hour playing session) when I was running around in Siwa.

system: XBox One X Scorpio Ed.
clean setup (nothing copied from previous XBox and AC:Origins was the only game I downloaded and played after the fresh setup)
I have HDR enabled (4K HDR TV connected).

I thought it was going to crash but indeed 3 seconds later or something the game just continued.

Breyzipp
11-11-2017, 04:02 PM

Can you confirm that you are connected to the internet and have the latest patch update installed?

I can't speak for the OP but in my case it was the latest 1.04 patch and also the latest firmware upgrade of the X1X. My X1X only arrived yesterday and AC:O was the first (and only) game I installed.

When it happens again I'll try to video capture it.

Xris157
11-12-2017, 11:59 AM
I had the same happen to me yesterday! It freezes for about 3 seconds with very loud buzzing sound then it comes back and you can carry on playing ! I have Scorpio edition Xbox running at 4K.

Nilbo_NZ
11-12-2017, 11:01 PM
After a few more days of playing with no issues i zipped back to Memphis to continue a quest. 5 minutes in Memphis and i had the freeze again. The other freezes were also in this area.
Can anyone confirm if there freezes were in or around Memphis?

eXtofer
11-13-2017, 01:21 AM
This also happened to me today. Though my volume was turned down so I didn't hear the loud buzz but e everything definitely froze for about 3 seconds before resuming.

Oggenator92
11-13-2017, 07:04 AM
Yes, I can relate to this issue. Happened to me twice on my Xbox One X.

(I can even point out that I have the latest update and I installed it on the internal HDD.)

Breyzipp
11-13-2017, 08:18 AM
* In case the storage location matters, I have it installed on an external Samsung T3 SSD.
* As for the person stating it was in Memphis, for me it happened in Siwa. So maybe it's related to being in a city?

I played a couple more hours yesterday but it didn't happen anymore. Seems to be a very rare bug.

beachboyken
11-13-2017, 04:12 PM
I have had these freezes as well on Xbox X standard edition

AC O installed to external with latest patch 1.04 (?)

Had 1 freeze that lasted about 4secs with a loud high pitched buzz type noise, I could then resume as normal (no crashes) (happened in Alexandria)

2nd freeze was about 2secs but with no noise this time, also could resume game as normal. (happened in the sticks somewhere)

Martin-_-H-_-
11-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Same for me too, Been playing for about 2 hours happened twice.

Xbox x Scorpio ed internal install

XxSolidsnakexX
11-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Same happened to me yesterday, high pitch noise and a freeze for 2-3 seconds. At first I thought the game crashed but then it came back.

Iím not sure if itís the game or the XBox One X console...

MurphysL4w
11-16-2017, 05:05 PM
This is a rare bug and exists on all platforms. Deal with it, u can't expect help from Ubisoft.
They are busy to break the game with buggy patches

Secanty
11-16-2017, 10:25 PM
Before I lost all gear and items I had collected in ACO (including every item I purchased via the in game store) after playing the "Ambush at Sea" bugged quest, I had the game freeze 3 to four times in 50 hours of game play.

Facts for the Quality Engineers on ACO:

1. The glitch seems to occur after heavy animated sequences. It seems to be a GPU and/or CPU overload, as it takes anywhere between 1-5 seconds for the screen freeze and buzzing noise to stop. It finally will stop when the Xbox "catches up" to the heavy loaded game sequence...

2. This is not Xbox dependent, or gamer tag dependent. I have had this occur, playing the GOLD ACO, on both my Xbox One Elite console, and my regular Xbox One console. Also it has occurred on two different gamer accounts, using the same game disk on different Xbox One consoles in the same residence utilizing the same internet connection.

3. I have had other games make the "Buzzing sound" and then lock up, and this game makes the buzzing sound but does NOT lock up if you allow it enough time to "catch up". Thus it is not a Top Priority bug fix, versus say the "Ambush at Sea" which made my GOLD ACO game useless, until I can get some gold coins and/or free item access to the paid store content. Hint, hint....I

IIIHeKtIkIII
11-18-2017, 04:09 PM
I have been having the exact same issue, buzzing noise and all. I've had it happen about 4 or 5 times, it didn't start happening until about half way into the game. I'm playing on the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition with the latest update, also I'm playing in 1080p so it's not just a 4k issue. It seems to happen in heavily populated areas after a big fight where you see the frame rate kind of struggling to keep up (which you'd think wouldn't happen on the X). I'm convinced it's a weird bug and not the console because it hasn't happened with any of my other games. I'll record it next time it happens, since the game isn't full on crashing the DVR should capture it. On a side note I'm gonna return it for a replacement on the off chance that it could be an issue with certain discs, I'll post the results if anything has changed.

Roxx83
11-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Yes! Had this happen the other night twice within a 4 hour play through. Freezes for a few seconds with a loud buzzing sound then comes out of it. The next night, I played for a little over an hour and it was fine. Only other game I have on the One X is NHL 18 and thatís been fine. Probably a software bug with the game. Keep us updated.

Breyzipp
12-03-2017, 09:13 PM

This bug happened to me several times this weekend, I recorded the videos:

1) http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Breyzipp/video/40365595
2) http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Breyzipp/video/40365594
3) http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Breyzipp/video/40365564

The 3rd video even had it happen twice.

That's from playing on an X1X Scorpio with HDR enabled and connected to a 4K screen.

Breyzipp
12-04-2017, 06:36 AM

This bug happened to me several times this weekend, I recorded the videos:

1) http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Breyzipp/video/40365595
2) http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Breyzipp/video/40365594
3) http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Breyzipp/video/40365564

The 3rd video even had it happen twice.

That's from playing on an X1X Scorpio with HDR enabled and connected to a 4K screen.

(reposted this since when I did a quick reply the reply is only shown to me when I'm logged in and not when I'm logged out. Is there something wrong with the forum posts?)

Roxx83
12-07-2017, 09:17 PM
I went 2 weeks without any freezes. Then last night, in Memphis, I got 3 in one hour. But they were split second freezes with a buzz. Before they were as long as 3 seconds. Is this happening with other games?

Zadidoll
12-08-2017, 11:33 PM
I can confirm that this is a known XBox issue as Iíve experienced it with other video games on both the XB1 and XB1X. Iíve been told by Microsoft techs that itís most likely an overheating issue as it tends to occur after several hours of play.

FOX_1976_FOX
12-11-2017, 09:06 AM
I can confirm that this is a known XBox issue as I’ve experienced it with other video games on both the XB1 and XB1X. I’ve been told by Microsoft techs that it’s most likely an overheating issue as it tends to occur after several hours of play.

No i can not confirm this in any way.

Playing on One S and One X and ACO is the only game with this short freezes. I have encountered no such issues with other games on my consoles.

Zadidoll
12-13-2017, 04:20 AM
I found that using a laptop cooling pad helps for longer play. When I experience the issue itís, in my experience, due to the Xbox overheating.

angrydroidj4f
12-21-2017, 03:28 AM
Since i started playing on the xbox one x i have had the game freeze with a high pitched noise 3 times which lasts for 2-3 seconds before the game continues normally. Has anyone else had this issue?

This has happened to me at least twice.

Me too

angrydroidj4f
12-21-2017, 03:31 AM

I just bought Xbox one x and have same issues. It's happened 3 times in one day. This needs to be looked into because it could be a gram over heating issues Because I also notice after gaming for 30 mins or more texted stop loading in and over time it gets worse until I put a fan blowing close to my one x and none of these issues arise. One X is very quiet for a machine pushing 4k I hope microsoft is using crappy thermal paste on their APU.

electodream
12-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Same issue here, xbox one x and 1.10 patch installed.

Kei_Blue
12-29-2017, 05:08 PM
I have the same issue on Xbox one X standard edition.
Especially in the case of the ship battle on the sea, I cannot continue playing now because of freezing.
When my ship collides with the enemy's ship, some graphical effects cause the freezing, I guess.

Kei_Blue
01-01-2018, 11:57 AM
When I carefully don't push buttons in the collisions, I finally finished the battleship scene.
After the Boss fight, I have again the freesing.
It seems that CG effects + Button operations causes the freesing, I guess.
Plus another games don't freese in my Xbox One X.

reymonkey
01-04-2018, 11:28 AM
I've been having the same thing happen occasionally. The difference in my case is that it usually only lasts under a second. I am playing form a SSD on my Xbox One X - I wonder if the fast storage is why my pause/buzz is shorter than what others describe.

Shaaaayne
02-05-2018, 09:04 PM

I just got the game three days ago (Xbox One S) and it has constantly froze in the middle of the most inopptune moments. During missions or just roaming around...still no fix though ay?! :( Very disappointing as I really do enjoy this game.

jtadmin
07-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Been having the same issue for some time, resolved the issue by simply uninstalling AC from my XBOX X and reinstalled the game and DLC packs. Finally no more locking up with that nasty buzzing or locks ups during heavy GPU sections of the game.

prbabyboykilla
07-22-2018, 06:42 AM
I been playing ghost recon wild lands, on my XBOXONE X SCORPIO EDITIONS. IM NOT A HEAVY GAMER I WAS 10 minuets In game when it froze with this buzz sound then the game rebooted to home screen itís getting worrisome I heard if I send it in I wonít get the Scorpio edition I payed for . Any fix