PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi BUFF Suggestion

Trenk2009
11-08-2017, 08:35 PM
As soon as you get above plat 2, Nobushi just can't do **** since everything is reactable/ easily parryable and her feint game isn't strong enough

Here's my buff suggestions:
- GREATLY REDUCE the hidden stance stamina cost. This is one of her coolest and most advanced mecanic yet his cost in stamina makes it almost useless.
- Make EVERY LIGHT of her CHAINS feintable by the hidden stance.
- Make EVERY HEAVY of her CHAINS feintable be the hidden stance.
- Give the kick out of hidden stance hyper armor and increase his stamina cost to keep it fair.
- Increase the bleeding cap to make bleeding strike more viable.
- Make the second light or her chain a 500 ms instead of a 600ms
- Give her special retreat a sort of untargetable property to make it useful since right now most char just track her down when they keeping attacking.
- Make it so her special retreat is cancellable sooner by a dodge to make it a useful counter attack move.

Feedback ?

Moondyne_MC
11-08-2017, 10:53 PM
As a Nobu main, I think you've gone a bit over the top there with a few requests.

I agree with reducing the cost of HS, but disagree with being able to feint any light in to it. Neutral lights, sure, but moves like Vipers Retreat or her dash lights.

I'd much prefer being able to cancel her heavies later in to the animation with HS, because at present your HS input to cancel a heavy has to be almost immediate, making the feint very obvious.

Bleeds are fine, no need to touch these at all.

Her quick retreat could definitely use a few I-frames imo, because it's utterly worthless in a 1v?, and there's generally no reason to use it in a 1v1 anyway. Making it cancellable into a dodge attack might open the way for some horrible spam though.

Trenk2009
11-08-2017, 11:36 PM
As a Nobu main, I think you've gone a bit over the top there with a few requests.

I agree with reducing the cost of HS, but disagree with being able to feint any light in to it. Neutral lights, sure, but moves like Vipers Retreat or her dash lights.

I'd much prefer being able to cancel her heavies later in to the animation with HS, because at present your HS input to cancel a heavy has to be almost immediate, making the feint very obvious.

Bleeds are fine, no need to touch these at all.

Her quick retreat could definitely use a few I-frames imo, because it's utterly worthless in a 1v?, and there's generally no reason to use it in a 1v1 anyway. Making it cancellable into a dodge attack might open the way for some horrible spam though.

Hi

What I meant by "every light in her chains" her second and third light. I wasn't taking ina ccount side dashes and virper's retreat.

;)

Helnekromancer
11-09-2017, 01:40 AM
Hello, also a fellow Nobu main, ( got her to Rep 40 a week ago and I'm sad)

I think those are too many buffs all at once, I like where Nobushi is currently is, similar to Valk, not many player her but those who stick with her are very good.

- I agree with HS, reduce the stamina cost because whether you are successful or not it consumes alot of stamina so even if you do HS correctly and fight back your punish is limited because you risk getting OOS.

- I would also add, to the kick being abit faster to come out, because right now everyone is well aware of it and whether it's 1v1 tournament or 4v4 Dominion it's easily dodged by everyone and it leaves her open.

- Also agree with Swift Recoil, the animation similar to Shinobi backflips, allows enemies to still attack you even though you are backing away. Heroes with long weapons can keep swinging and when you Swift Recoil the first swing, he hits you with the 2nd swing because you are till in swift recoil animation. Having nobushi be able to go into HS out of Swift Recoil could be very useful if the enemy is still attack you.

- Also Nobushi can also feint her first light into HS so being able to feint anytime in her 3 light combo could make her very broken, but giving her another combo (light, light, heavy) would open up more possibilties with her. Since her only option right now is to do a 3 light combo even though she will get parried trying to land her 2nd light or if she manages to land her 2nd like she can go into a kick which may or may not be dodged and punished.

- Also it would be healthier to make her first heavy feintable with HS and not both.

Ultimately, this buff would make Nobushi based around HS and feinting leading into consuming alot of stamina in which leads to my threads months ago saying to buff Nobushi by lessening her stamina cost on certain abilties or increasing her overall stamina pool.

*** Btw I don't want platform you play but on xbox, playing Nobushi in 1v1 tournament is a deathwish, its such a struggle, would have gotten to plat 3 if the tournament didn't get glitched out and i had to leave the lobby after waiting 40mins for a finals match only to get demoted.

With the servers crashing, and people lag switching I gave up on tournament mode, got to plat 2 with nobushi so I was happy. Glad to see people are still playing it.