PDA

View Full Version : Action stacking/inconsistency

TheDirtyViking
11-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Ive experienced alot that if i guardbreak and rightclick to fast my character takes 1-2 sec before he performs a heavy instead of just doing it at an instant

This is really stupid cause im the one that is supposer to do a free heavy and instead im punish by my character deciding that he is going to do the slowest heavy in history of For Honor giving the enemy enough to parry me and do a free heavy

Is this supposed to be like this? If i do a heavy to quick nothing should happen instead of my character waiting untill the enemy have totally recovered

TheDirtyViking
11-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Yes im using mouse and keyboard

When we are talking about input, i saw a video of someone fant into a dash imediatly you can barley see the raider swinging his axe and then dash
If i try to do the same it looks more like im doing a full attack followed up by a long breather then a slow sidestep

gj4063
11-08-2017, 05:28 PM
The cheerleaders will ţell you that you need to practice for hours vs bots to fine tune your reflexes to properly time things since time snap was removed. Aka git gud or play a different game.

I'd say Ubi is actively making it m9re difficult for people to enjoy the game since time snap removal and the flicker tweaks.

pimmas01
11-08-2017, 07:25 PM
different characters have different recoveries on their moves. highlander is probably among the slowest while the raider is the faster of the "heavylooking" characters. his attacks are slow but he got pretty good recoveries and his feint into pommelstrike + dash grabs makes him feel super nimble.

if you saw a raider cancel his heavy and immediately dash, then it might've been lag or it might've been a BERSERKER. their dashes cancel their lightattacks, it's very fast.

another thing to keep in mind when you've grabbed someone and want to heavy; make sure you keep your stance on the same side it was when you grabbed. if you try to swap direction of your attack before the heavy, it will come out slower. keep it on the same side.

the game is full of inconsistencies and it's very frustrating at times. many of them comes from lag, p2p is extremely sensitive to unstable connections. and generally, internet is seemingly worse off now should you compare it to 10 years ago. i assume it has to do with streaming services and web browsing having become the norm even among older generations of people and those services dont need a really stable connection, just an overall decent download speed. which hurts online gaming which needs stability over power.

i would love it if in the "System Requirement" list you see when you're looking to buy a game, it would - along with minimum graphic card and download speed - also say;
MINIMUM REQUIRED: Wifi connection.
RECOMMENDED: Ethernet/Wired connection.

it needs to be standard for all realtime online games

Moondyne_MC
11-08-2017, 10:58 PM
I swear this has gotten worse the last few patches. Throwing an enemy in to a wall for a top heavy with nearly any character results in me standing there for a split second watching them hit the wall, bounce off, THEN begin my heavy entirely too late to be guaranteed.