PDA

View Full Version : Experimenting with weapon convergences

StihlCanuk
05-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Until recently I never gave convergence much thought....Noobism I guess.Then someone here said they use 500m cnvrg when attacking bombers.
I don't know what happened,but when I read that,I had a profound revelation.Convergence makes a huge difference!
All this time I've been using 200m cnvrg and not once thought about experimenting.Apperently 200m is not for me.I have been having a blast trying different cnvrg's.
Right now I'm hovering around 350m for MG's and 275m for cannons.Rockets are 300m to 500m depending on air or ground targets.I totally agree with 500m for bombers.
This new foray into cnvrg experimentation has greatly improved my marksmenship.Especially when it comes to deflection shooting.
My frustation level has decreased while my excitement and satisfaction is off the scale!
I just had to tell someone about this!!....thanks for listening.
S.C.

Rodger,go with throttle up...

StihlCanuk
05-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Until recently I never gave convergence much thought....Noobism I guess.Then someone here said they use 500m cnvrg when attacking bombers.
I don't know what happened,but when I read that,I had a profound revelation.Convergence makes a huge difference!
All this time I've been using 200m cnvrg and not once thought about experimenting.Apperently 200m is not for me.I have been having a blast trying different cnvrg's.
Right now I'm hovering around 350m for MG's and 275m for cannons.Rockets are 300m to 500m depending on air or ground targets.I totally agree with 500m for bombers.
This new foray into cnvrg experimentation has greatly improved my marksmenship.Especially when it comes to deflection shooting.
My frustation level has decreased while my excitement and satisfaction is off the scale!
I just had to tell someone about this!!....thanks for listening.
S.C.

Rodger,go with throttle up...

Taylortony
05-27-2004, 01:40 AM
cool i set mine on the winter map, I would dive at a tree on the ground and when i thought it was in the position / distance a plane would be when i would open fire, I would fire at the tree and look at the dispersal of my fire as it hit the ground around it then adjust it and try again till all the rounds were in a nice tight grouping around the tree..

Please note no Trees, Squirrels or nesting birds were injured in the calibrating of my Guns http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Taylortony
cool i set mine on the winter map, I would dive at a tree on the ground and when i thought it was in the position / distance a plane would be when i would open fire, I would fire at the tree and look at the dispersal of my fire as it hit the ground around it then adjust it and try again till all the rounds were in a nice tight grouping around the tree..

Please note no Trees, Squirrels or nesting birds were injured in the calibrating of my Guns http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Taylortony

F19_Ob
05-28-2004, 02:55 AM
Personally I have found that a convergence of 300 in all planes (axis and allied) fills my need for maximizing shootingoppotunities on all ranges.
I prefer the nosemounted guns like in later bf109's and especially the 30mm cannon.
With this weapon its possible to take out plane at 400-500m ,(highangle deflection works well at these ranges too).

With one or more cannons its possible to just position yourself behind bombers outside the bombergunners range and take out as many as possible before ammo runs out.
Bf 110's sometimes used to do this in ww2 (very effective).

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif