PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki strength is insane

subdude1974
11-08-2017, 05:32 AM
what the flying f++k. huge health, health regenerating move and a 1 shot kill. now you cant even attack him. just played him with shenobi. hook him for the cicle rain. he blocks it as if it doesnt matter. you have to hit twice before he guard breaks you between guaranteed hits or before he throws you into wall and regens. since when does sickle rain stop working on him?. after that i decide to go with my main , centurion. on shipyard i bait him and he attacks. pull the wall splat flawlessly. he blocks my unblockable. wtf? i am sorry. i know he is big and slow but he is insane. he is bulls**t now. GOD i wish i knew how to post video.

TSCDescon
11-08-2017, 06:12 AM
what the flying f++k. huge health, health regenerating move and a 1 shot kill. now you cant even attack him. just played him with shenobi. hook him for the cicle rain. he blocks it as if it doesnt matter. you have to hit twice before he guard breaks you between guaranteed hits or before he throws you into wall and regens. since when does sickle rain stop working on him?. after that i decide to go with my main , centurion. on shipyard i bait him and he attacks. pull the wall splat flawlessly. he blocks my unblockable. wtf? i am sorry. i know he is big and slow but he is insane. he is bulls**t now. GOD i wish i knew how to post video.

You lost to a Shugoki as a Shinobi? Now that's embarrassing. Don't start calling something overpowered when you are already playing overpowered characters.

In case you lack the knowledge on how to fight a Shugoki, guard break him first. It doesn't matter if he counter guard break. He will still lose his hyper armor. Once you've done that, pressure him with the dash kick as the Shinobi. Don't always go for the kick, but mix it up. Dash into kick/guard break/light attack.

As for Cent, you probably press the heavy attack a bit to late.

Coming from a Shugoki main, Shinobi and Centurion stomps Shugoki, hell all the new DLC characters.

TSCDescon
11-08-2017, 06:15 AM
Also forgot to mention, he does not have the highest health pool in game. Rather, an assassins health pool.

subdude1974
11-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Not worried about health. He has lots of health. No problem. But Shenobi kick doesn't do shot to him. I haven't even been getting the heavy. Guard breaking me between guaranteed lights is one thing. But twice in 1 round I get him for the sickle rain and he block the first hit after I pull him to me. WTF ever. I am a descent Shenobi. Not great. Never had issues with him in the past. But it seems like all of a sudden Shigoki is playing really f'ed up. And I didn't hit the heavy late with Centurion. My aggression is what costs me matches more than anything. I am almost a rep 31 with Centurion. Trust me when I say I know how to do a wall splat. The stuff that I have seen lately shouldn't be possible but apparently it is. I really want to keep playing the game but the way Ubi has fubarred this game, I don't know how much longer I can take their stupidity.

Howard_T_J
11-08-2017, 06:53 AM
I have to play wisely against them. I dont run into them too often so I usually fall for something thats probably predictable. Get out there and get some more experience of how to deal with that class instead of complaining off the bat.

Moondyne_MC
11-08-2017, 07:00 AM
Obviously you don't play too many Shugo's, cause this is how he's operated since day one. He has hyper armour by default, which he loses after a single GB (even if he counters it) or any attack. Once it's down it's business as normal.

The big things to watch out for are tanking the first attack to get the free GB, and the actual flashes that signify his hyper armour coming back.

Try playing as him for a little while, it always helps to play the character you struggle against to learn their strengths and weaknesses.

subdude1974
11-08-2017, 04:13 PM
I know that he always absorbed 2 hits before he was stopped but had never had one block the sickle rain before much less twice in the same round. And as far as the guard break goes, I had already guard broke him twice with the centurion and wall splatter him once already. Maybe 30 seconds prior. I will have to learn more about the hyper armor as I really don't know much at all about it. The wall splat seems to be the only thing I can do against him. To be honest, I am probably unlike most people that main with Centurion. I like to fight. I am not a fan of attacks that are hitting defenseless players, i.e. Players on ground or knocked into walls. Very rarely use it. I know that in the past a lot of people had used him in what I call cheap ways and pissed off a lot of people. I am double teamed more often when I am centurion than any other player. Which, ganking, IMHO, is even worse than cheap moves. But oh well. Even had some message me afterwards, win or lose, thanking me for fighting fair.

Tyrjo
11-08-2017, 05:53 PM
A nice buff for Shugoki would be if he could protect his UI stance with a CGB.

Knight_Raime
11-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Goki does have advantage yes.
But goki isn't OP. He like all other heavies are designed poorly. Lop sided. Etc. I personally don't enjoy him as he's literally built around trading. Which at least how it's currently implemented for goki is brain dead.

If he "blocked" your sickle rain his armor came back up during the combo. Far as I understand even if he's taking hits it will regen. It just takes longer.
You just need to learn your match ups. In this case you always need to GB. And you absolutely can't rely on kick (not that you should with any match up.)
From there you use light light often. Fake him out to attempt to parry or bait a demons embrace. With some heros you can be a bit more aggressive but with goki you need to play more defensive and smart.

matt89connor
11-09-2017, 10:52 AM
c'mon don't offend this guy.....toxic community.....he has problem to beat shugo.....
A suggestion with shinobi vs shugo: don't use that f+++ kick as opening... and if he's a good in parry, try to attack from hard distance: if he parry that he can reach you to punish you.
Shugoki and Conqueror, are heroes that force you to change your playstyle,you have to sit a little and think, take distance and think ;)

subdude1974
11-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Never had a problem with Shug before. It is weird. Just as of late just seems like weird things seem to happen. And no, he isn't OP. At least not Over Powered. Maybe Over Protected. IMHO, a charged heavy should stop his animation as well as anybody's animation. He just seems different now somehow. I am trying to play with him more. I still say his one shot kill is stupid. With that much life, to take him down to the end and lose because of a parry is stupid. Parry, GB, wall, dead. DAF.