PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi vs Peacekeeper

PepsiBeastin
11-08-2017, 12:33 AM
Does anyone else feel like this matchup is extremely one-sided? There isn't a single move that shinobi can do that peacekeeper doesn't have a perfect counter for. Try to dodge backwards? She jumps after you and tracks you 15 feet with her jump attack. Try to kick? She dodges and does her side bleed attack which either hits you out of the dodge or right before the kick's hyperarmor starts. Ironically, the only tactic I've had moderate success with is spamming light attacks, which makes me feel scummy. For some reason, shinobi is the only character I can reliably block peacekeeper lights with too.

Howard_T_J
11-08-2017, 01:32 AM
I feel the same about both those classes. I dodge backwards. The PK jumps forward and stabs me. The Shinobi throws his weapon at me and at 2/3 my size reels me in like a big mouth bass and punishes me. So I use what I've got. I keep zone attack dodge backwards. I'll recover from my dodge backwards before PK or Shinobi recovers from my attack giving me the upper hand of being one step ahead. Its usually me trying to get out of their light spam routine most of the time and setting up for a large punishment back.

I play Orochi

Inconsistent73
11-08-2017, 01:37 AM
It doesn't matter what you're playing, if you're fighting against someone that likes to dodge attack, you bait it out for the easy parry. If they're smart enough to stop relying on it, that opens them up for the kick/gb 50/50.

There's nothing cheesy about using light attacks if your opponent is so bad/slow they can't deal with them. It becomes cheesy when it obviously ISN'T working and you demonstrate an inability to adapt with mixups. Shinobi's only real tools are kick and lights.

Knight_Raime
11-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Nah the match up imo is neutral.
She can't reliably punish your kick into heavy or whiffed kick into dodge. Yes if she sees the back flip coming she can dodge forward and follow up with her lunge poke.
Shinobi only has more agility/range compared to her. Which isn't enough flat out. They both have light light spam.

It's a longer fight for shinobi due to his lacking damage. But you have the agility and mix ups to out pace her damage technically.
pk can't light light heavy cancel into GB anymore. So she's basically stuck to her max punishes and weak mix ups. She'll win if you give her the ability to pressure.