PDA

View Full Version : [XBOne] Assassin's Creed Origins - Sound Issues (Xbox One)

SuitedBubbles30
11-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Hello everyone, I'm experiencing sound issues at the present moment on Xbox One. No sound is being emitted despite gameplay itself remaining fine. I've deleted saved data and have even re-installed the game to no avail. Any ideas?

Covelchuck
11-08-2017, 12:46 AM
Hello everyone, I'm experiencing sound issues at the present moment on Xbox One. No sound is being emitted despite gameplay itself remaining fine. I've deleted saved data and have even re-installed the game to no avail. Any ideas?

I'm getting the same issue, just started yesterday evening randomly.

smokey102977
11-08-2017, 07:16 AM
I have sound for everything except cut scenes.

I have no idea what is going on with the story line.

AussieBigfoot
11-08-2017, 06:46 PM
I've been getting this issue intermittently. The 1st time this happened, I noticed my Xbox console was also getting hot, it was the 1st time I've actually heard the fans working under-load.

The only short-term fix I found is using the guide button and scrolling a few times (also ensures sound is actually working), then return to the game.

VTec555
11-09-2017, 02:52 PM
I got the same issue: no sound when playing this game. Already removed the data file and the itself but problems stays the same. Other games (tried 3 other games) have no issue. Please advise.

Johnlp11
11-09-2017, 05:29 PM
I'm having a different problem, I do have sound, but it sounds really low, like if you were blocking the speakers with something, also, it sounds like if you were watching a slo mo video

Z177L3
11-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Hard reset xbox. Seemed to fix it. Hold power button down.

nicouto
11-15-2017, 03:26 PM
No sound in cut scenes. Tried to change the audio language but w/o success. Tried hard reset on the console, nothing worked.
Please someone from Ubisoft, help!

This game was really expensive and play with this problem is REALLY frustrating!!

iVaultHobo
01-15-2018, 06:47 PM
I play on Xbox one S and my audio sounds metallic, like everything is being echoed out of a tin can, if i plug in and un plug a headset a few times it will fix for a bit, but then its back, anyone else have this?
Also i have the dialogue boost setting at 30%.

Ubi-Keo
01-16-2018, 11:51 AM
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your sound in Assassin's Creed Origins.

This is usually due to the sound output you have configured on your Xbox One and TV. If you have a surround sound audio output selected this is generally the main cause.

Check the audio output on your TV and console. If you are not using any kind of surround system then change the audio output to Stereo or Mono and try again. Do the same for your TV's audio output. However if you do have a surround system setup then make sure you have selected 5.1 or 7.1 for your audio output on your console and select the relevant output on your TV.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

absoluteatom
01-16-2018, 12:31 PM
I had this issue no sound at all, under audio output, headset audio in xbox settings I changed the audio settings to stereo uncompressed and then back to dolby atmos for headphones. This worked for me.

Ubi-Keo
01-17-2018, 11:12 AM
I had this issue no sound at all, under audio output, headset audio in xbox settings I changed the audio settings to stereo uncompressed and then back to dolby atmos for headphones. This worked for me.

Thanks for your feedback on this issue.

ijjsm
02-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Same problem.

Bought this game mainly as it has Dolby Atmos decoding in the game.

After a hours playing the sound just stopped ,tryed the Atmos settings on other films ect and all OK.

So there seems to be a conflict with Atmos and the coding in the game.

I use a Xbox one S , i am thinking of getting a Xbox one X , does the problem still appear in that one?

Ubisoft , have you a patch yet that cures the problem ?

It`s a bit disappointing really ,surely you should have tested it!

I will think twice before buying a similar game and will research on the net before i buy for any such problems as this.

Ubi-Keo
02-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Same problem.

Bought this game mainly as it has Dolby Atmos decoding in the game.

After a hours playing the sound just stopped ,tryed the Atmos settings on other films ect and all OK.

So there seems to be a conflict with Atmos and the coding in the game.

I use a Xbox one S , i am thinking of getting a Xbox one X , does the problem still appear in that one?

Ubisoft , have you a patch yet that cures the problem ?

It`s a bit disappointing really ,surely you should have tested it!

I will think twice before buying a similar game and will research on the net before i buy for any such problems as this.

I am sorry to hear that you experiencing this issue.

Can you confirm what you are using for your audio output? Speakers or a headset?

Can you also confirm what your audio output setting is on your Xbox One console?

GraemeDanger
02-12-2018, 10:39 AM
I am experiencing a similar issue regarding the quality of sound. It is there but very "tin can/echo" like. I purchased the game a few days ago on Xbox One and can confirm it was all ok, went back on last night to continue progress and that's when I noticed the sound issue through TV speakers and headset. I have my headset settings to Windows Sonic and the TV on stereo. Is this a well known bug or is there a fix to this that I've missed?
Don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm running it digitally via Xbox One X.

MattyDCB
03-07-2018, 07:54 PM
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your sound in Assassin's Creed Origins.

This is usually due to the sound output you have configured on your Xbox One and TV. If you have a surround sound audio output selected this is generally the main cause.

Check the audio output on your TV and console. If you are not using any kind of surround system then change the audio output to Stereo or Mono and try again. Do the same for your TV's audio output. However if you do have a surround system setup then make sure you have selected 5.1 or 7.1 for your audio output on your console and select the relevant output on your TV.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Nope. Just been on to support with Microsoft also and they have deemed it a game issue notes console issue. This has been happening for me since release and still no working patch. Everytime I boot the game it's a different or the same game issue. I haven't had 1 play session with no audio Issue. Other than that the game plays fine it's just the audio...

Rigemo59
05-21-2018, 04:44 PM
I just hard rebooted my xbox one and got the sound back in Assassin's Creed Origins

Ubi-Baron
05-22-2018, 11:21 AM
I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this, Rigemo59

cgallduff
09-27-2018, 09:17 AM

ALL of my sound was gone but still working in other out of game menus etc...hard reset worked x

ChasUGC1
09-28-2018, 08:02 AM
Just for information, I have a Xbox One S, and I've had this game since two weeks after it first came out in early, Oct 2017. I've had absolutely no sound issues. I am also running the game through a Yamaha audio receiver and a 5.1 surround system. It sounds awesome. For example, when I am riding with a passenger on my horse, my rear passengers voice only comes through my rear speakers. If the passenger is talking into my left ear, I hear sound mostly through my left rear speaker. So, I think that is awesome. Otherwise, Bayek's voice comes mainly through my center speaker. So, IMHO, the sound is excellently optimized in this game. I do plan to upgrade to a HDR10 receiver so that I can get full UHD in the game, and then the HDR setting hopefully won't be greyed out, but it still looks awesome without it. There can be many reasons for sound issues that are not related to the game. One of them can be connection issues through headphones. I've seen people with a lot of issues with strange configurations while using headphones, or where the headphones sound drops out. This is clearly a headphone issue, and most of the people are able to solve those issues once they target the headphones as the culprit. There are other posts in this forum about this issue and the solutions. I saw another comment where an Xbox was overheating, and then, that is the issue, not the game. If you cover your Xbox so that your sister or younger brother won't mess with it, that is the wrong way to handle such a problem. This game has very high definition graphics(4K), and it might cause the Xbox to work harder and get warmer than other games. If you cover the Xbox so that it cannot breathe properly, you are not only destroying your Xbox, you might cause game issues such as sound. One good solution, as mentioned, is a hard reset, on the XBOX. This can be accomplished in many ways. One way is to just remove the AC cord from the rear of the Xbox for a minute and plug it back in after a minute. Never cover your XBOX while gaming, or have it in a tight enclosed space. If you have headphones, you might have issues with headphone drop outs because of the headphone configuration, especially if they are wireless, or if you have strange settings on your headphones. Hope this helps. Good Luck.