PDA

View Full Version : PC What is wrong with my game ? Runs horribly slow, extremely high frame !

veronica5585
11-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Ok, I just got my beloved AC Origins game at last and started playing. However even though my system is enough to run it nicely, it's still struggling very badly.

Here's the config notes directly copied from steam store:
------------------------------------------------------
MINIMUM CONFIGURATION
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 or AMD R9 270 (2048 MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
SYSTEM RAM: 6GB
Resolution: 720p
Video Preset: Lowest

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 or AMD R9 280X (3GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
Resolution: 1080p
Video Preset: High
------------------------------------------------------

AND,

MY CONFIGURATION (asus laptop)
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
SYSTEM RAM: 16GB

My system is much better than the minimum conf, even somewhat better than the recommended conf. so, I think, my game should have been running perfectly well at medium graphic settings at least. But instead it runs horribly even at the lowest setting. What am I doing wrong? or What is wrong with this game?

https://image.ibb.co/ekQ2Vw/frame_assassin.jpg

cawatrooper9
11-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Hi veronica5585,

I've moved this to our community support area. Hope someone can help you with this issue!

veronica5585
11-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Thanks. Hope so.

Anvnamnet
11-07-2017, 04:38 PM
You have a slow processor. That is the issue. According to the specs you posted.
You need minimum 2.5Ghz you have 2.4Ghz.

I would recommend trying to lower everything to LOW and lower the resolution to 720p.. That is the way minimum specs are ment to be run..
You do not (as you say) Meet the recommended settings. You are not even on minimum (thank's to the processor).
You should be able to play it on lowest with 720p resolution (might still lag some though).
Turn of tesselation, anti-alising, V-sync. Just everything on lowest.
Make shure you also have shader 5.0 on your graphics card.

veronica5585
11-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Lowering the resolution helped quite a bit. Much better now.
This is the only game I'm having performance issues among most of the latest games. Looks like either my system is ******ed or they made THIS game way too unnecessarily demanding than today's average. Either way now I'm forced the play the entire game with ****ty graphics. Awesome. Really great.

CaptainGigaX
11-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Buddy, your system is far below AVERAGE gaming rig.

Average gaming rigs have 4700k with a gtx 1070 and 16gb of RAM.

Anvnamnet
11-07-2017, 06:47 PM
This is the only game I'm having performance issues among most of the latest games. Looks like either my system is ******ed or they made THIS game way too unnecessarily demanding than today's average. Either way now I'm forced the play the entire game with ****ty graphics. Awesome. Really great.

Good. And all shadows of etc?

Peppiie
11-07-2017, 07:03 PM

1ste most laptops are !@#$ for gaming, 2e your specs are like 2014, time to build a new pc or buy a new laptop

veronica5585
11-07-2017, 07:35 PM
At the moment I'm at loooooooooowest settings possible, and it's playable now. It's just not as much fun with bad visual quality. I'm going to try my brother's imac, see how it handles the game. Hopefully it will do a bit better may be.

Producers expect us to buy a new computer every 2-3 years. My current one is still brand new even though I've been heavily gaming on it since i got it. I thought I had a strong laptop, well, time flies.
Anyways, thanks for all answers.

strigoi1958
11-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Hi Veronica. Ubisoft games do not officially support laptops (possibly because they get left behind quicker than desktops but desktops can add and upgrade components.) There is nothing wrong with your laptop but AAA games are often more demanding than other games and so we must make sacrifices (like worse graphics) if we want to play the latest games.

I know many people need a laptop but many choose a laptop and use it in the same place all the time so they might as well have a desktop. When you get a new system perhaps you might look at a desktop because that way it is cheaper to sell your old graphics card and buy a new one rather than buying a new laptop every few years.

The game is amazing and I hope you enjoy it on your brothers imac or your laptop :)

veronica5585
11-07-2017, 08:05 PM
This same laptop totally rocked AC Syndicate when it came out which was not too long ago (to me), Now I'm a bit surprised. I mean I wasn't expecting to play at highest settings, but I wasn't expecting to be stuck with lowest settings either. I agree the game is great, just not so much pleasing with lowest grahic settings. The next time I'm definitely getting a desktop since my ipad is more than enough for most of the "laptop needed" situations.
Have a nice day!

Anvnamnet
11-07-2017, 11:57 PM
iMac?
Better buy a PC.... Mac is not good for games.. But I wish you best of luck, and hope you get to enjoy the game! =)
Filled with bugs, but that will probably be fixed with patches! =)

veronica5585
11-09-2017, 06:45 PM
On mac it does fine. Actually with it's i5 it does appx. same as my laptop. So I'm back on my laptop. With some fine tuning I managed to run the game with medium settings. Everything looks and runs fine now. I can finally enjoy the game ! I'm already level 20 lol As someone who played all the AC games so far, I'm having a blast with this one!
The key is figuring out the correct settings for your own system.

mevakesh
01-09-2018, 12:34 AM
Hey yall havent seen anyone post this yet, pass along, maybe they have a purpose?

1) all fire bowls being carried by statuettes if horus (the bird) if hit with either a lit torch or the ceremonial staff can afterwards be entered safely without taking aby damage. Effect ends with zone change.

2) those dark black splotches found all over the world if crouched into and eagle sense s (up on d pad) held again and again will trigger a temporary darkening and as far as I can tell a slight quickenin of character appearance and movement speed.*

*the darkening works 100% the increased speed may be my imagination.

This is all 100% true as far as ive tested please confirm or deny thanks!

naumaan
03-10-2018, 09:04 AM
hello veronica, Its so nice to see a fellow laptopian you know, it feels wonderful.

anyway .. this game is built to perform well even with the lowest configs .. as I have the worst rig at the moment

Just play at whatever resolution you have just change a bit of things,

Go To Options
Go to DIsplay
Change the Resolution modifier to 60%, tinker with it as you feel right,
Change VSync to OFF
FPS Limit to Off
HDR to off , for first time running, well may be you can ticker with it later

Now Go to Graphics
Change
Dynamic Resolution to Off
Anti Aliasing to Low
Shadows to Medium
Environment Details to Medium
Texture Details to Low
Tesselation Off
Terrain Medium
Clutter Very High
Fog Medium
Water Very High
Screen Space Reflection to Medium
Volumetric Clouds to Off
Texture Details Low
Character Very High
Ambient Occlusion On
Depth of Field On

Well with these settings I am running this game with pretty much easy FPS on intel HD integrated Laptop ... You can tinker with it as you have a good card there

Keep Texture Details to Always Low, that reduce the size it takes on your VRAM

And most importantly Update your graphics Card Drivers ..

Bdw Desktops are good for gaming, but for me personally they are a mess, you cant stay glued to a pc all day.. so yeah I am a proud laptop owner ..

Hope it helps

naumaan
03-11-2018, 04:53 PM
On mac it does fine. Actually with it's i5 it does appx. same as my laptop. So I'm back on my laptop. With some fine tuning I managed to run the game with medium settings. Everything looks and runs fine now. I can finally enjoy the game ! I'm already level 20 lol As someone who played all the AC games so far, I'm having a blast with this one!
The key is figuring out the correct settings for your own system.

I was wondering why no body is replying here, but well my bad, I missed the date and did not read the second page of this topic which eventually lead me to post the post which I posted earlier. Guess I got excited on having another member with a laptop .. NVM

Umilton
03-11-2018, 10:04 PM
the high frame in the title confused me a bit but hope you get the game running better.

ubi--unicorn
03-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Hey guys, these steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000031701/Performance-Issues-in-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-ACO/) may also help, if the fix shared by naumaan doesn't help!