PDA

View Full Version : Patch Music bug after patch 1.04!!!

Suffran
11-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Dear devs,

I don't know if it was an intention of you or not but after installing patch 1.04, the exploration music that plays occasionally in various situations is totally out of balance and way too loud now! By loud I mean EXTREMELY loud!

It almost hurts my ears while everything else has a normal volume!

The combat music or cutscene music for instance are absolutely normal it is only the exploration music that is extremely loud all of a sudden! When I turn down the music volume in the options to 65/100, the exploration music sounds like before patch 1.04 but then the "normal" music is way too silent especially the combat music! It takes away the atmosphere!

What in god's name happened to the gorgeous exploration music, everything was perfectly fine with patch 1.03, please fix this Ubisoft the game is unplayable like this!!!!!

Suffran
11-07-2017, 08:18 PM
BUMP

For god's sake Ubisoft made this game unplayable with this sound bug...congratulations!!!!

Did nobody else notice the massive exploration music volume boost since patch 1.04?! It sounds ridiculously bad!!! It definitely has to do something with the newly added option to higher/lower the frequency of music in the sound options, so it's surely not my imagination folks!

Also what hardens my suspicion is that the menu music, combat music and story music are not affected - just the ambient music that plays for about 15 seconds while exploring is totally out of tune now!

Seriously man I'm gonna sell this game and never buy an Ubisoft title again if they don't pull themselves together asap...

UbiJurassic
11-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Hi Suffran, could you try rebooting the game?

Suffran
11-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Hi Suffran, could you try rebooting the game?

What do you mean by "reboot"?

I play on PS4 and rebooted the game/PS4 a dozen times after this problem occured. It started directly after the installation of patch 1.04!

I even started a new game, tried all sound settings ingame, on my tv and the PS4 settings but the problem remained. Then I deleted the entire game from the PS4, removed the patch etc., installed the fresh vanilla version and the problem was gone UNTIL I downloaded the patch a second time to check if the problem appeared again. AND IT DID! Now I can 100% tell it's patch related!

With patch 1.04, the exploration music volume has been deliberately increased in comparison to the general ingame music! It destroys the game completeley for me....

TaylorBlakeH
11-08-2017, 01:29 AM
The option to change the frequency of music was present in 1.03; it wasn't added in 1.04. Unless they made additional changes to this option, it's not the cause of your issues. If you're saying the music is too loud, can you not adjust the music volume to be lower than the voice/sfx volume?

I'm downloading the patch now so I haven't played it yet. The only bugs I've noticed so far regarding music is how spontaneously the music will switch from one track to the other. The excellent score composition of AC games has always been a huge high point for me and something I enjoy most but when a track starts playing of ambient music, and then halfway through just starts getting muddled out by another track that plays on top of it, it's really breaking the immersion. Maybe this is something that can be investigated?

I'm not referring to the music changing when you enter combat. I'm just referring to ambient music when I'm out in the middle of nowhere and I'm neither entering a restricted zone nor entering combat.

Suffran
11-08-2017, 06:49 PM
The option to change the frequency of music was present in 1.03; it wasn't added in 1.04. Unless they made additional changes to this option, it's not the cause of your issues. If you're saying the music is too loud, can you not adjust the music volume to be lower than the voice/sfx volume?

I'm downloading the patch now so I haven't played it yet. The only bugs I've noticed so far regarding music is how spontaneously the music will switch from one track to the other. The excellent score composition of AC games has always been a huge high point for me and something I enjoy most but when a track starts playing of ambient music, and then halfway through just starts getting muddled out by another track that plays on top of it, it's really breaking the immersion. Maybe this is something that can be investigated?

I'm not referring to the music changing when you enter combat. I'm just referring to ambient music when I'm out in the middle of nowhere and I'm neither entering a restricted zone nor entering combat.

Please read my original post again...

If I reduce the music volume to an acceptable level (regarding the short EXPLORATION music pieces), then the combat music, menu music, cutscene music etc. become almost not audible at the same time! I just want the exploration music to be as loud as the other musical components of the game - like it was before patch 1.03/1.04 (I don't know exactly when it happened)!

In the vanilla version, everything is fine, believe me I tested it yesterday!!!

I am not the only player to notice this issue, please read this thread, two players there also noticed the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/7ahkf9/psayou_can_now_turn_up_the_frequency_of_ambient/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

Uberslik
11-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Yes! I am on PC and I noticed this and it drove me mad! It was far too loud. Its very annoying so I put the music volume down quite a bit but the issue is just the same. Also a side note, the music quality is very compressed which I don't appreciate as I have good headphones... it is well composed but sounds so much worse than it should. I really hope this problem is fixed.

Suffran
11-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Yes! I am on PC and I noticed this and it drove me mad! It was far too loud. Its very annoying so I put the music volume down quite a bit but the issue is just the same. Also a side note, the music quality is very compressed which I don't appreciate as I have good headphones... it is well composed but sounds so much worse than it should. I really hope this problem is fixed.

The music audio quality was always the same but you notice it more now because the short exploration music pieces became extremely loud after the latest patches compared to the release version without patches. Actually I reinstalled the game and currently play without patches as the music is now normal. But on the other hand there are tons of other bugs in the retail version so I would like to update my game without having the music bug... :(

PLEASE Ubsioft Community Representatives add this problem to the "known issues" thread so the devs can address it!

Suffran
12-01-2017, 05:20 AM
Does this problem still exist with patch 1.05?

Instead of releasing DLCs Ubisoft should focus on fixing the gamebreaking bugs first....

Ubi-Keo
12-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Does this problem still exist with patch 1.05?

Instead of releasing DLCs Ubisoft should focus on fixing the gamebreaking bugs first....

Can you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue since installing the 1.05 update?

I can assure you that the Assassin's Creed Origins team is working hard to resolve the issues that have been reported.

Suffran
12-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Can you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue since installing the 1.05 update?

I can assure you that the Assassin's Creed Origins team is working hard to resolve the issues that have been reported.

Many thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, I can't confirm whether the audio issue still exists on 1.05 as I have deinstalled all patches in order to play with a flawess sound again on vanilla. That's why I asked here in this thread if someone can confirm whether it has been fixed since patch 1.04. The problem appeared after 1.03/1.04, that's all I can tell.

I am playing on PS4 pro.

Please send my regards to the Ubisoft team for one of the best open world games of all time and for their hard work after release! I hope they will keep supporting the players and fix the bugs/ implement HUD options etc.!

My fingers are crossed! :-)