PDA

View Full Version : You ever notice centurions are the saltier players

Rolandcall
11-05-2017, 08:13 PM
For people who play a noob stomping cheese class they think it's unfair when the lose. Almost all the hate messages I get are from centurions under the impression they should always win. I had one tell me lawbringer is 30 times as broken as centurion. Another messaged me saying all I do is counter guard break, apparently I should let him throw me around.

WABO423
11-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Dang you not letting him guard break you.

Vakris_One
11-06-2017, 02:12 AM
I have noticed that players who play the heroes that have been blessed with better kits by the devs get really upset when they can't steam roll through their opponent and end up dying instead.

As a Kensei main I have gotten some prime time salt thrown my way disproportionately more often by Cents, Glads, Shinobi's and PKs when I kill them. By contrast I very rarely get insults from Zerkers, Orochi, Shugo's, Nobushi's or Valks. And I don't think I've ever gotten hate mail from a Kensei, which to be honest should feel the angriest of them all because the Kensei is so crippled compared to most of the roster that it's like he's from an obsolete version of the game.

subdude1974
11-06-2017, 04:09 AM
that may be because he is completely screwed up now from last update. he has no offense now and the light after legion kick isnt even guaranteed anymore. if he goesOOS he is screwed. slowest regen in game. and lb is all spam. shoves everywhere. complete garbage. funny how everybody points at centurion and screams OP but use nothing but spam with their character. there is not a single character in the game that has less offense than centurion.

ChampionRuby50g
11-06-2017, 04:27 AM
that may be because he is completely screwed up now from last update. he has no offense now and the light after legion kick isnt even guaranteed anymore. if he goesOOS he is screwed. slowest regen in game. and lb is all spam. shoves everywhere. complete garbage. funny how everybody points at centurion and screams OP but use nothing but spam with their character. there is not a single character in the game that has less offense than centurion.

Where's the proof that Light isn't guaranteed after Legion Kick? Don't keep spreading misinformationn

CandleInTheDark
11-06-2017, 01:32 PM
I have noticed that players who play the heroes that have been blessed with better kits by the devs get really upset when they can't steam roll through their opponent and end up dying instead.

As a Kensei main I have gotten some prime time salt thrown my way disproportionately more often by Cents, Glads, Shinobi's and PKs when I kill them. By contrast I very rarely get insults from Zerkers, Orochi, Shugo's, Nobushi's or Valks. And I don't think I've ever gotten hate mail from a Kensei, which to be honest should feel the angriest of them all because the Kensei is so crippled compared to most of the roster that it's like he's from an obsolete version of the game.

As a peacekeeper I can say we get salt thrown our way as well and I don't do the spammy peacekeeper BS stuff that drove her toxic reputation and using a shinobi I made a warden have a meltdown. At the same time yeah it is more often from the likes of wardens and centurions, can't say I have ever been hate mailed by a kensei and there was one I landed every single chain and bleed against which would have annoyed me lol.

subdude1974
11-06-2017, 02:25 PM
No misinformation here. I have had it blocked by several. Lawbringer, Raider and Shugoki. The Shugoki block is recorded. If I knew how to post it, I would. But yes, it isn't guaranteed anymore as I have had it blocked by several players. I have so many vids about screwed up things that go on with Centurion since the update I just stopped trying. Sent vids to Ubi but they don't seem to care that the update has completely screwed Centurion. I have even get guard broke between first and second light attacks while playing with him. That was don't by a Shugoki as well. But let me guess. Misinformation. Don't really care whether you believe or not, but Centurion has been completely screwed over and the character with no offense or HP has been the most punished player in the game.

subdude1974
11-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Kensei IMHO is the best in the game. If you use him in to his full potential and utilize all his moves, he is the hardest to beat. But I don't believe that he really has anything that I would call spam. I am a Centurion main and I have never been salty towards a Kensei, even when I have been destroyed by one. I am halfway decent with him but not great. Great character.

Djebeo
11-06-2017, 04:31 PM
I think it is a bit exagerated to call Kensei the best in the game, although I do agree that he is far from the trash tier people are claiming him to be.

I am curious to see how he performs after the massive indirect buff he will recieve in season 4.

And to be back on topic, I tend to find the exact opposit: People playing characters that are considered somewhat low-tier (although I would have to disagree with what is currently considered the tier list at the average skill level) tend to rage more. Somme "blabla pick a skilled character" bs

Vakris_One
11-06-2017, 04:34 PM
As a peacekeeper I can say we get salt thrown our way as well and I don't do the spammy peacekeeper BS stuff that drove her toxic reputation and using a shinobi I made a warden have a meltdown. At the same time yeah it is more often from the likes of wardens and centurions, can't say I have ever been hate mailed by a kensei and there was one I landed every single chain and bleed against which would have annoyed me lol.
That is true that on the flip side characters like PK, Cent, LB, Shinobi and cousins get quite a lot of hate almost by default, sometimes simply for playing that hero. I recently picked up the PK and I've immediately started getting salt thrown at me and I'm not even doing anything cheesy with her. Just using her full kit such as GB + triple stab, dodge heavy + light, zone, heavy feint into light/GB and feinting heavies into lights.

Gotta say it's been like a breath of fresh air being able to use a character's entire kit in a 1v1 for a change. The difference between her and heroes like the Kensei, Orochi, Warden, Highlander, Conq and Valk (which are the characters I play) is like night and day. If the Aramusha ends up being a Highlander sized dud I think I'll become a filthy PK main and start mining salt ;)

Kensei IMHO is the best in the game. If you use him in to his full potential and utilize all his moves, he is the hardest to beat. But I don't believe that he really has anything that I would call spam. I am a Centurion main and I have never been salty towards a Kensei, even when I have been destroyed by one. I am halfway decent with him but not great. Great character.
Kensei is very dependant on who he gets matched up with. His main problem is that he has no opener and he's not versatile enough to be able to have an equal chance vs anyone in the roster, like the Glad, PK, LB, Warlord and Raider can for example.

Now every character has good and bad matchups. The high tier characters have enough versatility to equal out their viability in both their good and bad matchups. The problem with Kensei is the sheer disparity between his good matchups and his bad matchups. His good matchups are excellent (like shutting down Shinobi's) and his bad matchups are a horrible experience (when versus turtles with Ken's slow af moves and lack of an opener). The Kensei is not alone in this of course. The Conq and the Highlander share his woes in the good/bad matchup disparity.

And then there's the fact that in certain matchups the Kensei player has to be twice as good as his opponent in order to simply hold their own and maybe get a win. It's a frustrating experience playing a class that basically feels like a dead weight while facing an opponent whose character allows them the complete freedom for their skill to be unhindered by having to navigate around obsolete/unusable moves that will get you insta-punished.

subdude1974
11-06-2017, 05:51 PM
I agree. The matchup is key. Conqueror is the Alpha Turtle and will 1 heavy hit you to death. Block, heavy. Block, heavy. But, in my mind, if you play the game the way it was meant to be played and actually attack people, I believe that his complete list of assets at his disposal make him one of the best in the game.(If not the best) Just so many things he can do. It all depends on the skill level of the player. And I couldn't agree more. He has no opener so if he plays a turtle then he is pretty much screwed. He too got screwed in the update. His "uninteruptible" is interuptible. I have had it stopped by a slew of players with either GB's or hits. But there are so many bugs in the last update, I stopped keeping track of everything that I have seen. It was a complete terd.

ChampionRuby50g
11-06-2017, 09:54 PM
No misinformation here. I have had it blocked by several. Lawbringer, Raider and Shugoki. The Shugoki block is recorded. If I knew how to post it, I would. But yes, it isn't guaranteed anymore as I have had it blocked by several players. I have so many vids about screwed up things that go on with Centurion since the update I just stopped trying. Sent vids to Ubi but they don't seem to care that the update has completely screwed Centurion. I have even get guard broke between first and second light attacks while playing with him. That was don't by a Shugoki as well. But let me guess. Misinformation. Don't really care whether you believe or not, but Centurion has been completely screwed over and the character with no offense or HP has been the most punished player in the game.

Just in my recent few games as Cent I've never had my light attack blocked after Legion Kick, so I don't know why it would be happening to you.

As to the Shugo Guard breaking you in the middle of a light chain, that's not just Cent. He can do that to any hero due to his constant UI stance, unless you GB him or hit him twice. He will never be staggered by the first light thus allowing him to get a free GB. So no, it's not misinformation, but it is an intended mechanic that works against ALL heros, not just Cent.

SenBotsu893
11-06-2017, 11:20 PM
I agree. The matchup is key. Conqueror is the Alpha Turtle and will 1 heavy hit you to death. Block, heavy. Block, heavy. But, in my mind, if you play the game the way it was meant to be played and actually attack people, I believe that his complete list of assets at his disposal make him one of the best in the game.(If not the best) Just so many things he can do. It all depends on the skill level of the player. And I couldn't agree more. He has no opener so if he plays a turtle then he is pretty much screwed. He too got screwed in the update. His "uninteruptible" is interuptible. I have had it stopped by a slew of players with either GB's or hits. But there are so many bugs in the last update, I stopped keeping track of everything that I have seen. It was a complete terd.

is this guy a troll? kensei the best fighter? centurion no offensive capabilities? dafuq?

subdude1974
11-07-2017, 12:06 AM
centurions have no offense IF you dont suck at defense. his combos are meaningless to most as they are stopped as soon as he grabs you. so you get a possible 2 heavies, but probably only 1. legion kick gets you a light most of the time. he has DEFENSIVE punishes from parrying if near a wall. gbs against better players work very little. his only real offensive weapon is ET, but is only good part of the time. it doesnt stun heavies or other heroes during certain animations. most, if not all, end up dealing much more damage to cent than he does to them. if you have problems with cent offense either you suck at defense or you get baited easily. there are a couple characters if used against him and skill levels are equal, he has almost no chance at winning.

as far as kensei is concerned, if you were to do away with parry and spam, it is almost certain. if he had an opener, he would be a definite. he has tons of options to use to keep people guessing. but as stated, if playing turtle, then he is screwed as he has no opener.

subdude1974
11-07-2017, 12:09 AM
and also dont forget the punishment that he takes for missed ET or LK. cent doesnt last long against guaranteed heavies.

Illyrian_King
11-07-2017, 12:56 AM
For people who play a noob stomping cheese class they think it's unfair when the lose. Almost all the hate messages I get are from centurions under the impression they should always win. I had one tell me lawbringer is 30 times as broken as centurion. Another messaged me saying all I do is counter guard break, apparently I should let him throw me around.

Hahaha all natural ^^

Who sucks that much to lose with centurion has all the reasons to be mad.

subdude1974
11-07-2017, 06:48 AM
your statement makes no sense. are you saying centurion is best in the game? just trying to understand your meaning

Vakris_One
11-07-2017, 12:12 PM
his only real offensive weapon is ET
https://sc-events.s3.amazonaws.com/4476246/main.jpg

Any character that can turn ET offensive is a bad hombre ;)

Humour aside, the Centurion has never been a strong character because of his offense. It's always been about his powerful punishes that come from playing him in a more defensive and calculated way. He's always been a noob stomper (much like the Valkyrie and Kensei and a few others) but once you figure him out an aggressive Centurion can be easily dismantled. It's when a good player uses him and starts turtling that the Centurion becomes the salt generating, cutscene inducing entity we all know and love/hate.

He has arguably one of the most powerful punishes in the game and making a single mistake against a good Cent player still means you will almost always pay for it with half your life cutscened away. It's the way the Cent was designed from the ground up. His nerf was effective only in driving away the non-dedicated players that used him purely as a flavour of the month. In the hands of a good player the Cent has not lost much just reigned in a little, which feels fair enough considering what he can do.

subdude1974
11-07-2017, 03:07 PM
which is exactly my point. he is forced to be a turtle but if you are not great at parries, then you have to 1 hit your opponent to death. with the weakest heavies in the game, the number of times you have to get in a heavy to kill somebody is a number that is at least double the double of heavies it takes to kill centurion. the lawbringer shove spam takes half his energy before he is able to get away usually. and as far as punishes go, if your opponent gets put the ground, his best attack isnt better than anybody else's in the game. hell, berserker will pretty much 100% a centurion if centurion gets knocked to the ground and there is nothing that can be done about it. he has no deflect, no uninteruptible, no hyper armor(even with lowest HP), not very mobile and if OOS, has the slowest recovery in the game. he is a blight to noobs for sure. but with his lack of offense, he is easily managed by better players. the only nerf that I agreed with was the wall spam. complete crap, as is any infinite combo. to me, the game has been butchered with supposed fixes but all they seemed to do was create more flaws. If I didn't play this with my son I wouldn't be playing it at all anymore.

Devils-_-legacy
11-07-2017, 04:38 PM
which is exactly my point. he is forced to be a turtle but if you are not great at parries, then you have to 1 hit your opponent to death. with the weakest heavies in the game, the number of times you have to get in a heavy to kill somebody is a number that is at least double the double of heavies it takes to kill centurion. the lawbringer shove spam takes half his energy before he is able to get away usually. and as far as punishes go, if your opponent gets put the ground, his best attack isnt better than anybody else's in the game. hell, berserker will pretty much 100% a centurion if centurion gets knocked to the ground and there is nothing that can be done about it. he has no deflect, no uninteruptible, no hyper armor(even with lowest HP), not very mobile and if OOS, has the slowest recovery in the game. he is a blight to noobs for sure. but with his lack of offense, he is easily managed by better players. the only nerf that I agreed with was the wall spam. complete crap, as is any infinite combo. to me, the game has been butchered with supposed fixes but all they seemed to do was create more flaws. If I didn't play this with my son I wouldn't be playing it at all anymore.

They fastest heavys in the game tho not the lowest health in the game lol thatso false deflect is a assassin mech to do with reflect I have beserker 180 I've never one spotted anyone I've killed a noob in two but they didn't realise how to block yet and he's not a defensive hero he's ment to mix up his attacks with feints and slowest recovery I don't thinks so that would be like Shug or a heavy unless you've put on gear and that has the lowest exhaustion recovery

subdude1974
11-07-2017, 05:16 PM
who has lower HP than centurion? I will wait. Shugoki has slower regen than Centurion? You are insane. You obviously are either new to game or oblivious to speeds. And never said anything about one hitting anybody. If Berserker gets you on the ground his light then heavy takes almost 100% of Centurions HP and that is fact. I have a video saved where I was killed by a Berserker. I blocked 2 hits and go knocked to the ground as I was OOS. The hits I took while defenseless on the ground killed me. And in case you didn't realize it, you cant block if you knocked down on the ground. I noticed very little difference in between the 2 different helmets. I had both maxed in legendary so I use the one that is 4.4def/60ex rec(if I remember right). Think the other is 3.3 and 80. Timed them both out and the difference between the 2 was negligible so chose the higher defense. And I know that the deflect is an assassin trait. You do realize that Centurion is a hybrid right? That means that he has traits of more than 1 fighter. You know what 2 types of fighters he has traits from? Vanguard and ASSASSIN.

CandleInTheDark
11-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Gotta say it's been like a breath of fresh air being able to use a character's entire kit in a 1v1 for a change. The difference between her and heroes like the Kensei, Orochi, Warden, Highlander, Conq and Valk (which are the characters I play) is like night and day. If the Aramusha ends up being a Highlander sized dud I think I'll become a filthy PK main and start mining salt ;)

I caught a comment from Eric on reddit that might interest you. The first batch of reworks are planned to be kensei, conqueror and berserker. So while there is no hard date on that, two of yours will be among the first assuming no plans change.

Yeah peacekeepers are good for the saltmine lol, I also have warden, conq, valkyrie and nobushi at rep 7, I have berserker, shinobi and gladiator at various reps below that which I will likely try to rep up to 7 when dedicated servers come and am planning on repping up shaman when she drops as I didn't do gladiator from day one with the others I wanted at 7.

Vakris_One
11-07-2017, 05:35 PM
which is exactly my point. he is forced to be a turtle but if you are not great at parries, then you have to 1 hit your opponent to death.
He's not forced to be a turtle as he has an opener and a lot more going for him in the offense department than some other characters such as Conq, Valk, Kensei, and Shugo. He's got some of the fastest heavies in the game and can soft feint his heavy into a GB, good players make this into a decent enough mixup game. His offense isn't spectacular but it's not the worst in the game either. If you're not great at parries then practice them till you are because maximising a punish is the Cent's bread and butter.

with the weakest heavies in the game, the number of times you have to get in a heavy to kill somebody is a number that is at least double the double of heavies it takes to kill centurion. the lawbringer shove spam takes half his energy before he is able to get away usually.
His heavies are among the fastest in the game so he has to pay for that speed in some way otherwise he'd be OP. Besides the true strength of his heavies is to maximise your damage from a wall splat or stun by charging them up and initiating his mini-cutscene of damage upon landing them.

As for Lawbringer; dodge either his shove or his follow up attack and get a free GB but watch out for his GB attempts after a shove. It's something all the heroes have to learn to deal with when facing a Lawbro.

and as far as punishes go, if your opponent gets put the ground, his best attack isnt better than anybody else's in the game. hell, berserker will pretty much 100% a centurion if centurion gets knocked to the ground and there is nothing that can be done about it.
The only way a Zerker can knock you down is if he GB's you when you're out of stamina or catch you with his revenge activation. The Centurion on the other hand has a specific punch that automatically knocks you on your a$$ and guarrantees his Eagle's Talon in addition to the Cent being built around draining the opponent's stamina and stun locking them. In addition to being pretty much guarranteed after a knockdown, the Cent's ground strike also has good range and tracking at the press of a button, no other hero has this so why should a Cent ground hit do as much damage as a Zerker top heavy? He'd be OP if it was.

he has no deflect, no uninteruptible, no hyper armor(even with lowest HP), not very mobile and if OOS, has the slowest recovery in the game. he is a blight to noobs for sure. but with his lack of offense, he is easily managed by better players. the only nerf that I agreed with was the wall spam. complete crap, as is any infinite combo. to me, the game has been butchered with supposed fixes but all they seemed to do was create more flaws. If I didn't play this with my son I wouldn't be playing it at all anymore.
Good players can do well with Centurion and he certainly doesn't take as much effort to pose a challenge as other less endowed characters in the roster.

He isn't an assassin so he gets no deflect. He has an uninterruptible/hyper armour in the form of his running leap, not that it's terribly useful and if I'm not mistaken on his Eagle's Talon as well. I'm surprised you don't know this as a Cent player yourself (I've never played Cent and I know his kit better it seems). He doesn't need passive hyper armour like the Shugo, can you imagine the Cent with passive hyper armour? Uninterruptible legion kick and/or uninterruptible GB... nuff said. He may have the slowest stamina recovery but that's because he has the highest stamina pool in the game. Before the nerf he could feint his heavies a ridiculous amount of times.

subdude1974
11-07-2017, 06:14 PM
correct me if I ma wrong, but I did say I was OOS against the Berserker, he parried me, guard broke me and threw me to the ground. Killed me with a light heavy combo. Did about 90 damage. as far as an opener, what is his opener? LK? Light or heavy? GB? You have to get started with him to get to the mixup aspect. if he misses his first attack then it is guaranteed guard break city. His wall splat is his bread and butter but you have to get the guard break in order to do it. Then throw into the mix, his charged heavy doesn't stun heavies or stop uninteruptibles. in most situations but rather makes him eat a lot of damage from the opponents. I am not saying that he Is a trash player. But your opinion seems a little hypocritical to the way Centurion has been treated. I am not the best at parries so you say get good at them, but the answer to Centurion is to hurt him in every aspect in his arsenal instead of learning how to play him. That is my biggest problem.

subdude1974
11-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Also, as far as stamina goes, his stamina drain is nothing compared to what other characters do. Raider has drained my stamina completely in one hit when it was near 100%. Centurion drains with LK and LR. Gotta hit you with what, 4-5 consecutive LK's or 3-4LR's for you to be out of stamina? I know Centurion pretty well. My defense is my weakness. Reflexes aren't what they used to be so parries are not the easiest against certain people. First fighting game I played since Tekken 2 came out. I really don't care about winning/losing. But I hate to lose to bul***it that is ridiculous. Raiders charge is complete bul***it. He can do it out of a parry and carry you all the way across a screen and throw you off a wall. Warlords is even worse. He can get you and turn you around and do it in the opposite direction. Can't tell you how many rounds I have lost like that while playing in basically the middle of the screen. Knock me off a wall? Fine. Good fight. Carry me from 60 feet and throw me to my death is stupid. But apparently those kinds of things are ok.

Vakris_One
11-07-2017, 09:08 PM
I hate cheap ******** too, I don't like to fight against it or to play heroes that rely on it. Why do you think I main Kensei and Highlander?

The Raider and Warlord both have vicious punishes just like the Cent, it is what it is by now in this game. All of them can be countered in a 1v1 with good reactions and experience from fighting them. In a gank scenario it's always gg, so long and pray you're up against noobs who make a mistake. To me, the Cent looks like he is more balanced than previously but perhaps his bad matchups have become slightly worse and he's no longer in the higher tier.

All I know is good players can still dismantle me, but bad players now have less chances for the class to carry their lack of skill through to a win. That's the way it should be for all the heroes in my opinion. It's just a shame that not all of the heroes are balanced properly in those terms. So every time one of the more successful heroes gets a nerf down to a more balanced state it feels like he got crippled because of the remaining top tier heroes being left as is for the time being.

For the less endowed heroes we're already more used to making do with less and I guess that's why I don't see a big deal in Centurion being made a bit more difficult to play good with. He's still got more kit viability across a wider spectrum of matchups than certain heroes who have become used to struggling with difficult matchups since before Cent was even in the game.

CandleInTheDark
11-07-2017, 09:31 PM
correct me if I ma wrong, but I did say I was OOS against the Berserker, he parried me, guard broke me and threw me to the ground.

You can;t fall over against the berserker without being out of stamina, so you very definitely were out of stamina but I see the confusion I think. You took a stamina hit being parried, he got the guardbreak, if the player presses forward and guardbreak from there he takes another chunk of stamina. You have to be careful about throwing heavies when you're not at or near top stamina around them but it still isn't knock down from charged heavy guaranteed charged punch.

Vakris_One
11-08-2017, 02:59 AM
I caught a comment from Eric on reddit that might interest you. The first batch of reworks are planned to be kensei, conqueror and berserker. So while there is no hard date on that, two of yours will be among the first assuming no plans change.

Yeah peacekeepers are good for the saltmine lol, I also have warden, conq, valkyrie and nobushi at rep 7, I have berserker, shinobi and gladiator at various reps below that which I will likely try to rep up to 7 when dedicated servers come and am planning on repping up shaman when she drops as I didn't do gladiator from day one with the others I wanted at 7.
It'll be interesting to see what they've decided to give them. Honestly I'd be happy if the Kensei just gets his zone improved to be as fast as PK's. Anything more is a bonus. He doesn't need much, just needs at least one move that isn't an insta-punish so he can go on the offensive and force his mixup game into play against turtles. Instead of parry fishers and counter attackers completely negating him.

subdude1974
11-08-2017, 07:08 PM
OOS = Out Of Stamina. As I stated, I was parried and GB and thrown to the ground. Berserker hit me with a light, heavy combo that killed me while doing 90 damage. To be able to take almost 100% of HP from a player because of a parry is totally f'ing stupid. .

Devils-_-legacy
11-08-2017, 07:29 PM
who has lower HP than centurion? I will wait. Shugoki has slower regen than Centurion? You are insane. You obviously are either new to game or oblivious to speeds. And never said anything about one hitting anybody. If Berserker gets you on the ground his light then heavy takes almost 100% of Centurions HP and that is fact. I have a video saved where I was killed by a Berserker. I blocked 2 hits and go knocked to the ground as I was OOS. The hits I took while defenseless on the ground killed me. And in case you didn't realize it, you cant block if you knocked down on the ground. I noticed very little difference in between the 2 different helmets. I had both maxed in legendary so I use the one that is 4.4def/60ex rec(if I remember right). Think the other is 3.3 and 80. Timed them both out and the difference between the 2 was negligible so chose the higher defense. And I know that the deflect is an assassin trait. You do realize that Centurion is a hybrid right? That means that he has traits of more than 1 fighter. You know what 2 types of fighters he has traits from? Vanguard and ASSASSIN.

Shinobi has lower health i believe? And you know there's valks shoulder pin that's superior block not deflect she's a hybrid other then her no hybrid has any deflect type move I'm not new to the game really lol when your on the ground your defense less like everyone from a fully charged jab from cent lol you experience what everyone else does

subdude1974
11-08-2017, 10:54 PM
He just got a buff on health. could be wrong but believe they have the lowest in the game. And I have no problem with getting hit on the ground. But there is a huge difference in Centurion pounce that does 30 damage, maybe 35, and Berserkers ground punish does 90. While his pounce is cool looking, it really isn't any different than most just hitting you with a heavy. And as far as deflect goes, I know he doesn't have one. I was point out the things he didn't have. Gladiator is a hybrid and has a bleed effect. I thought that he had a deflect that stabbed you a made you bleed. Guess it could just be a parry. Don't know. Havent really played with him much. But the way the animation reacts it sure looks like a deflect.

CandleInTheDark
11-09-2017, 12:32 AM
Actually gladiator is a pure assassin, hence the deflect.

ChampionRuby50g
11-09-2017, 01:02 AM
He just got a buff on health. could be wrong but believe they have the lowest in the game. And I have no problem with getting hit on the ground. But there is a huge difference in Centurion pounce that does 30 damage, maybe 35, and Berserkers ground punish does 90. While his pounce is cool looking, it really isn't any different than most just hitting you with a heavy. And as far as deflect goes, I know he doesn't have one. I was point out the things he didn't have. Gladiator is a hybrid and has a bleed effect. I thought that he had a deflect that stabbed you a made you bleed. Guess it could just be a parry. Don't know. Havent really played with him much. But the way the animation reacts it sure looks like a deflect.

As Candle said, Gladiator is only an Assassin. Highlander was the hybrid of Season 3, which is why Gladiator can deflect and cause bleed easily.

Knight_Raime
11-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Conformation bias. Nice. As a cent main since his launch i've literally never sent a hate mail message. I've even sent tips on how to beat him. Made a friend that way.

subdude1974
11-09-2017, 02:56 PM
I stand corrected. Don't use him and was thinking he was hybrid. Oh well. Not the last mistake I will make. I will probably play this game when I get home tonight and we all know that is a mistake, so.......

PDXGorechild
11-09-2017, 05:02 PM

That's cause all of those classes require skill to cultivate. I imagine people that take the time to send arsey messages after a game are generally kids, who don't have the attention span to play a difficult class. They just stick to the faceroll classes and throw their toys out of the pram when they get beat.