PDA

View Full Version : war or economics

Ultimate-Titane
11-05-2017, 01:08 PM
With the anno games is always about getting a huge city, getting the best islands and build build build! thats great thats anno, war is a small part of the game.

but somethimes i love to get war, i love to do hostile takeovers. in 1404 i was missing the dept of war machines and the ai was to easy for me. also in co-op its so nice to get more war options.

how about a option you can select to get a economics end game so the focus is on buidling and expansion.
or the option to get more war selected outcome? or both?

AgmasGold
11-05-2017, 04:57 PM
There is going to be an entire devblog regarding the entire system of war and how it will function and work in 1800. I am not sure when it is going to be released, just that it is being written currently, hopefully that will answer your question :).

In previous Anno games, there have been win conditions for things like settling X amount of [Noblemen/Aristocrats/Envoys/Executives/Geniuses] to win the game, as well as building monuments. I expect they will continue with these sorts of win conditions. In Anno 1404, there was also a condition to accumulate wealth, which kind of works as an economic win.

stylisticsagi
11-06-2017, 10:16 AM
War is indeed an important part of the game and should be decent and economic based.
Hostile takeovers are indeed very cool and in 2070 i liked them even more because the shares also generated profits.

Personally i like to see more subtle acts like sabotage and stuff to itneract with eacht other even outside of war.
And sabotages wich does not only affect your population but also your factories as well like in 1701 where you could set factories of opponents on strike and such.
I think smuggling would also be a nice touch in wich you can go with a ship to the coast of an opponents and sell goods to their population and makes your opponent lose tax income or something like that.

Olinater
11-16-2017, 12:02 AM
I think smuggling would also be a nice touch in wich you can go with a ship to the coast of an opponents and sell goods to their population and makes your opponent lose tax income or something like that.

I really like that idea!

Ubi-O5
11-16-2017, 04:34 PM
This looks relevant (https://www.anno-union.com/en/devblog-the-art-of-war-i/).

stylisticsagi
11-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Nice blog!
The one thing i always found a shame in anno was that if you controlled the seas you basicly had won the game.
I had hoped with 2070 submerged and air travel would have lessend this factor but allas this was not met.
Firstly because the seb tech and airplanes where to advanced tech and secondly because air did not support the transportation of goods or setting up trade routes.

I do hope 1800 would create in one way or another a way in wich you are not defeated the moment your fleet is lost and you lack the ability to rebuild quikly.

AgmasGold
11-16-2017, 06:44 PM
On the one hand, after controlling the seas, it did get a bit easy, on the other hand, it was definitely more realistic. Maybe the point is to not let your opposition get into a position of complete naval superiority in the first place.

ruuti0
01-01-2018, 08:38 PM
I do hope 1800 would create in one way or another a way in wich you are not defeated the moment your fleet is lost and you lack the ability to rebuild quikly.

That is just natural in game like Anno, otherwise war lose its meaning. I hope it stay like this in 1800 too.

And for example Anno 2070 had good option that you could buy fleet from allies in that kind of situation, should be implemented in 1800 too so you get something like "second chance".

It is part of strategy that you don't let your fleet go down easy.

Its like losing your army in real life, after that it is bye bye.

stylisticsagi
01-02-2018, 07:22 AM
True, besides i think you are meaning the future from 1404 where you could get the additional fleet from richard venice and the sultan.
Problem with this was that this fleet was MUCH cheaper then building the fleet yourself, in most games this gave you a decent enough fleet never to have build any warships yourself.

I think they should make it easier for yourself to defend yourself and harder to attack yet i'm not really sure how such a thing could be implemented.
The problem with anno and the sea has always been thet in worts case scenario you lost the fight at sea and you are no longer able to get goods around your island, your civ level was so long you do not have the option to defend yourself simple because you can't get the tech and even if you already had the tech you lack the fundings because you quikly start to lose money if your population decreases to the previous civ level.
I think basic cheap combat units should be available from a civ level wich is able to take care of itself on most islands.
And they should be good for defending but not for attacking. If you can at least secure your harbours a bit you have a change of getting back in power.