PDA

View Full Version : Really poor audio quality for voices

bibicg
11-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone,

I bought Assassin's Creed Origins on PS4. Yesterday I began the adventure but I stopped after 20 minutes. It's almost unplayable for me for one reason : the voices audio quality is a disaster. I tried every settings of the audio menu, nothing changes. All the voices seem to be compressed, like a really bad movie rip. Music and audio effects are really good, only the voices are affected.

I'm not the only one complaining about this issue on the internet.

Can you please work on a patch ? Sound is a major part of a videogame and it's really a gamebreaker for many of us.

bibicg
11-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Can anyone at Ubi give information about a upcoming fix ?

Suffran
11-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Hello everyone,

I bought Assassin's Creed Origins on PS4. Yesterday I began the adventure but I stopped after 20 minutes. It's almost unplayable for me for one reason : the voices audio quality is a disaster. I tried every settings of the audio menu, nothing changes. All the voices seem to be compressed, like a really bad movie rip. Music and audio effects are really good, only the voices are affected.

I'm not the only one complaining about this issue on the internet.

Can you please work on a patch ? Sound is a major part of a videogame and it's really a gamebreaker for many of us.

I can't believe that Ubisoft is getting away with this...

I expected masses of players boycotting this last century audio quality in a triple A 2017 game. Ubisoft did this in order to save space on the disc as the game would have been too large for one bluray to put the audiofiles uncompressed on it. I wish they released the game on 2 discs, but that would have been too expensive for Ubisoft I suppose...

But at least they could upload the audio files in high quality for people with enough bandwidth and especially for those who value a good sound quality.

I would download it even if it was 30 GB for god's sake...

So please, some admin here pass this request to the developers!

piou_piou88
11-13-2017, 09:23 PM
I can't believe that Ubisoft is getting away with this...

I expected masses of players boycotting this last century audio quality in a triple A 2017 game. Ubisoft did this in order to save space on the disc as the game would have been too large for one bluray to put the audiofiles uncompressed on it. I wish they released the game on 2 discs, but that would have been too expensive for Ubisoft I suppose...

But at least they could upload the audio files in high quality for people with enough bandwidth and especially for those who value a good sound quality.

I would download it even if it was 30 GB for god's sake...

So please, some admin here pass this request to the developers!

hello everyone, I agree with your analysis. now it is necessary that this problem is regulated as soon as possible. since the release of the game that the audio quality is bad, what is ubisoft doing? we still have no answer while the problem is known.

piou_piou88
11-15-2017, 11:12 PM
Tomorrow is patch 1.05 on PS4, and I do not have the impression at first sight that audio problems are fixed. Could someone from ubisoft tell us if this problem is known and if this patch or a future patch will correct this problem. Because here it's getting long.

thank you

piou_piou88
11-16-2017, 10:08 AM
still not resolved after the last update. Are you finally going to deal with this problem? it's been 3 weeks since the game came out and we have to play with poor audio quality. It might be time to give us an answer.

Uberslik
11-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Agreed. The voices compression doesn't bother me to much. More so the mix, some characters are far too loud then they stop if you go a little far away. The biggest thing for me is the music compression. Poor show.

UbiSailorScout
11-18-2017, 02:24 AM
Hi everyone. I am incredibly sorry you are experiencing issues. I highly recommend configuring your Audio settings within your PS4 (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/audiooutput.html). If that does not help, I also recommend trying these PS4 steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000025501/General-PS4-Troubleshooting/). If none of that helps, please make a ticket (http://www.support.ubi.com) with videos of the audio issue. This will help us better diagnose the issue. Thanks!

bahamuht77
12-10-2017, 06:57 PM
I very much doubt it's a problem with the PS4. I tried many different audio output options, and several pairs of headphones. Furthermore, other games i've been playing recently sound great. Most importantly, it's not all the audio. The music and sound FX are fine. It's only the dialogue. It sounds like a 96 kbs MP3 or worse. It's downright distracting and really killing the immersion for me.

Look, i'm not expecting 24 bit, 96kHz resolution on my dialogue files, but at least something better than late 90s sample rates. The uncompressed files have to be somewhere, why not offer a "high quality" download for those interested? I hate to admit this, but i'd be willing to pay for it.

I understand they have to save room , and i know a lot of consumers can't hear the difference (especially if they're using cheap TV speakers), but there is a fair number of us to whom this issue is a real deterrent to the enjoyment of your game.

bibicg
12-20-2017, 11:35 PM
Still no patch, almost 2 months after game release... Did someone erase all the HQ dialog recordings or can we have these once and for all?

piou_piou88
12-21-2017, 09:10 AM
2 months and still nothing. My file is still in progress, 2 people from Ubisoft answered me, one tells me that the problem is known and the concerned equates work on it. And the other tells me that it makes adjust the audio parameters of my TV, my console, the game ... I just have the impression that we are running in circles and that all the minde at Ubisoft is mocking the problem we encounter !!!

Doc_Gerbil_1
01-17-2018, 06:47 AM
Any update? I am on PS4 Pro - wondering if it's also an issue with the standard PS4.

It seriously sounds like it's Mono instead of Stereo. Seriously - PS1 quality audio... I noticed the sound effect for "Loot" has the same issue. The music and all other audio is great.

Doc_Gerbil_1
01-20-2018, 08:23 PM
Opened a support ticket. Haven't seen any of the other threads on this issue responded to yet. Since no one else has had any luck, I'll update this thread based on what I hear back...

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1775339-Dialogue-Audio-Bug-Forums

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1795523-Bayek-s-voice-and-other-NPC-s-voices-have-a-bad-audio-quality-(PS4)?p=13141896#post13141896

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/7910ar/does_the_audio_sound_weird_for_anyone_else/

Doc_Gerbil_1
01-25-2018, 06:53 AM
It said there'd be an update on my case within 48 business hours. 3+ business days later, and no update.

I am really disappointed that it isn't in the "Known Bugs" thread considering your response from them, piou_piou88.

Is private messaging a thing on these forums? I'm having trouble finding it. I wanted to PM Ubi-Keo or another moderator since we're getting radio silence. I know the forums are busy, but acknowledgment that this bug is known and being worked on would be great since it's been months since we've heard something official. I'd put this game in my backlog until it's patched vs. trudging through it with my eyes rolling at every line of dialogue.

Doc_Gerbil_1
01-28-2018, 06:50 AM
Ubi-Holz, Ubi-Keo, or anyone else from Ubisoft, can you please comment on this since customer service won't get back to me or others with this issue?

Doc_Gerbil_1
01-31-2018, 12:10 AM
Still unresolved after updating to v1.21 on PS4 Pro.