PDA

View Full Version : I'm out of the next A.C. game should in Japan, so here's my suggestion!

Mr_Stunner
11-04-2017, 12:23 AM
After playing this game I don't feel like Japan is the right direction to take right now (I have nothing against it in a near future...)

But my two suggestion to fill this Modern Day Trilogy would be:

Ancient Rome, I wouldn't mind playing as Brutus, and the city seems very interesting to play in with this mechanics!

And after seeing how great Egypt feels I would likes the Mayan or Aztec Empire, it's two Civilizations we don't know much about, rarely feature in videogames and have awesome buildings and evironment!

What do you think about these two setting to follow up Egypt?

strigoi1958
11-04-2017, 03:51 AM
I have nothing against Japan and there are a lot of people who like the idea.... but AC games are set in a location with notable people, events, history and famous buildings or landmarks. Japan lacks most of them. How many famous historical Japanese people can most of us name? or apart from mount Fuji can any of us name 4 places or buildings that are well known around the world?

People like the idea of ninjas and for me having ninjas AND assassins might be too much but provided they had the right setting (which pretty much rules out Japan) it might be good. Who knows?

I wouldn't mind a return to Rome it has everything needed for a great AC game. :)

victortiti89
11-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Mayan or Aztec Empires would look awesome. Maybe set it during the Conquistadors invasion. A setting for some epic battles. Oh, and then have the hero travel to Madrid to assassinate those responsible...
Another idea I had was an Assassin Creed set during the American Civil War..:)

strigoi1958
11-07-2017, 12:46 AM
Yes Spain and Portugal would also be great settings. Portugal's alliance with England goes back centuries and as an allied nation I'm sure that when the Knights Templar disbanded, Templars would have headed towards friends.... so Portugal would have been perfect.

Mr_Stunner
11-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Yes Spain and Portugal would also be great settings. Portugal's alliance with England goes back centuries and as an allied nation I'm sure that when the Knights Templar disbanded, Templars would have headed towards friends.... so Portugal would have been perfect.

That is an interesting idea and it should be explored in the future.

But right now I would rather have the next two games to stick in more Ancient Times, and then after this trilogy is over to advance to the Middle Ages.
I recently read an article about the Aztec Civilization and it was very interesting, and it was a more complex society than I have thought about it.

I know it reached its peak after the Middle Ages, but the buildings, the technology (they never discovered the wheel for example) they all feel and look more ancient (almost Egypt level of acient), so it would give a very old vibe to the places, people, cities... That AC was needed in my opinion.

Who wouldn't love to explore Tenochtitlan at its peak and all the wild jungles around it:
https://www.natgeocreative.com/comp/02/376/22446.jpg

http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/images/Americas/Central/Aztecs_Tenochtitlan01_full.jpg

https://learnodo-newtonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Depiction-of-the-Aztec-capital-city-Tenochtitlan.jpg

Plus this time period and this civilization it's been very overlooked in videogames, and that's AC's philosophy, to take you to places and times none went before...

FistoMano
11-14-2017, 03:22 PM
I have nothing against Japan and there are a lot of people who like the idea.... but AC games are set in a location with notable people, events, history and famous buildings or landmarks. Japan lacks most of them. How many famous historical Japanese people can most of us name? or apart from mount Fuji can any of us name 4 places or buildings that are well known around the world?

People like the idea of ninjas and for me having ninjas AND assassins might be too much but provided they had the right setting (which pretty much rules out Japan) it might be good. Who knows?

I wouldn't mind a return to Rome it has everything needed for a great AC game. :)

Lol. You mentioned about Japan lacking notable historic figures or land marks. You have very shallow understanding of world history.

It seems our general western population think we know everything about Asia after watching Hollywood movies and manga...

In that sense UB's work on AC Origin is commendable one. Frankly speaking, how much do you gamers know about Egypt aside from Sphinx and Pyramid?
I am pretty sure most of you did not even know, the fact that Cleopatra was pure Greek decedent, before you played this ACO.

At least they are giving some interesting history lessons to youngsters.

JamesFaith007
11-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Lol. You mentioned about Japan lacking notable historic figures or land marks. You have very shallow understanding of world history.

It seems our general western population think we know everything about Asia after watching Hollywood movies and manga...

In that sense UB's work on AC Origin is commendable one. Frankly speaking, how much do you gamers know about Egypt aside from Sphinx and Pyramid?
I am pretty sure most of you did not even know, the fact that Cleopatra was pure Greek decedent, before you played this ACO.

At least they are giving some interesting history lessons to youngsters.

Strigoi was right about historical figures he just forgot to use word wordlwide.

There are basically three types of historical characters in AC.

1) So famous that even people who slept through most of historical lessons in school would know them - Richard Lionheart, Leonardo da Vinci, Suleyman, George Washington, Blackbeard, queen Victoria...

2) Famous people known to those who take some general interest in history or who are living in these regions.
- Lorenzo Medici, Ceasare Borgia, Charles Lee, Charles Vance, Maximilien de Robespierre, Ptolemy XIII.

3) Notable people known only to those who are actively interested in history of used region.
- Marco Barbarigo, Israel Putnam, Hornigold...

Previous AC games had at least one character type 1 and later some supporting characters 2. And with all respect, Japan hasn't type 1 persons. Only one I recall is Hirohito and it is modern history. Other ones as Oda Nabunaga or Tokugawa are persons type 2. Japan is simply country known more for its culture then historical persons.

And yes, I know about Cleopatra's Greek origin. I know names of most diadochi but again only because I'm actively interested in this era and region.