PDA

View Full Version : Is ledging bad?

gj4063
11-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Why is ledging poo pood? Aren't these toons balanced around that ability? I'll trade ledging if i can get shinobi stamina pool and regen.

CandleInTheDark
11-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Ledging is part of the game, using the flow of battle and positioning to force someone close to a ledge whether through guardbreaks or them dodging, also quite valid. However some people run right to a ledge and make it clear they are not going to get involved in a fight unless the other person follows them there and that is slightly less ok in my view. I mostly play dominion so it doesn't affect me much but in duel if you have had three people in a row do that it is aggravating.

Mind you just my opinion on it and I don't often 1v1, as the devs have said when it comes to the honour crowd vs playing it as xvx it is all valid.

SenBotsu893
11-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Why is ledging poo pood? Aren't these toons balanced around that ability? I'll trade ledging if i can get shinobi stamina pool and regen.

fighters are not balanced around ladging abilities. it just happens that they gave some fighters superior ledging manouvers without checking the overall state of the fighter.

since you mention shinobi let me give you an example right there:
raider stampede easy ledge and he has the same stamina pool and regeneration speed as shinobi.
the only character with a highter stamina regen is Glad. all other fighters have just different stamina pools.

i personally dont like how certain map points ONLY revolve around ledging (Point C in Overwatch as example).
there should at least be a good balance about ACTUAL fighting and not just who has the superior ledge cheese.

TSCDescon
11-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Warlord...

Best ledger.

DoctorMcBatman
11-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Ledging is part of the game, using the flow of battle and positioning to force someone close to a ledge whether through guardbreaks or them dodging, also quite valid. However some people run right to a ledge and make it clear they are not going to get involved in a fight unless the other person follows them there and that is slightly less ok in my view. I mostly play dominion so it doesn't affect me much but in duel if you have had three people in a row do that it is aggravating.

Mind you just my opinion on it and I don't often 1v1, as the devs have said when it comes to the honour crowd vs playing it as xvx it is all valid.

Except if you're a Raider or WL or LB. There's nothing skillful about driving your enemy 15 feet across the map to a ledge. It's a cheesy gimmick, and is not conducive to FH being a serious fighting game.

gj4063
11-03-2017, 09:18 PM
So dodge attackers wanting to fight in the open is just as bad as a shugoki wanting to be in a hallway?

kbvlcvfkhgc
11-03-2017, 09:20 PM
mmm..... I've got mixed feelings about this one,

true, its part of the game but the Warlord/Lawbringer/Shinobi & Raider have got to have cornered the market on cheap *** ledging, man they spam the sh!t out of it, im looking at you Lawbringer and you Raider specifically

your not even close to a ledge, your fighting some dude and out of the blue your carried/pulled/bashed 20 ft and dumped off a ledge by some **** you didn't even see who then goes on to celebrate like they just pulled off some high class move?

if that doesn't make you irritated then your a better man than me,

gj4063
11-03-2017, 09:22 PM
yep that later part in 4v4 is worse than centcancer.

Dude_of_Valor
11-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Ledging is fine and whether you choose to use it or not you have to be prepared for others to use it against you. If more apparent when the number of players increase.

I find against the Raider, Warlord and Shinobi a backwards dodge as they go into their super ledge is the way forward. Apart from that always try to dictate the position you want to fight your opponent. I often get sent 'wow' messages as opponent thinks I am running away but usually it is to re-position because I dislike where I am (next to wall against a low health Shugoki for example).

Vordred
11-07-2017, 02:03 PM
only time i get a bit annoyed with Ledging is from the Warlord. his omnidirectional push just feels cheap as hell. raider and lawbringer at least can only push you in one direction. which gives you some defence, but if you are anywhere near an environmental kill with the WL, a single GB spells your doom.

and it's not like the Warlord isn't already powerful enough

DoctorMcBatman
11-07-2017, 04:06 PM
only time i get a bit annoyed with Ledging is from the Warlord. his omnidirectional push just feels cheap as hell. raider and lawbringer at least can only push you in one direction. which gives you some defence, but if you are anywhere near an environmental kill with the WL, a single GB spells your doom.

and it's not like the Warlord isn't already powerful enough

Pretty sure Raider can also turn you around/change directions before ledging.

Devils-_-legacy
11-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Yeah raider can but I'm in two minds about it sometimes I think yea that was a smart play but when ur against a group and the Raider and lb don't attack they just take turns running and either impairing charge or raiding stampede I've been in so many games were that's all that happens as soon as it connects you get ganked by 2/3 people staming heavys as you fly across the map I think it needs to be nurfed tbf it's a bit too strong as it stands now

UbiInsulin
11-07-2017, 11:16 PM
The team has previously made map alterations/spawn changes to make sure that environmental kills aren't the sole focus of Duels, in particular. If you feel any spot on a particular map is coming to define every single match you play on that map, we're happy to take a look at the situation.