PDA

View Full Version : Looking for host of Warclouds_TOH server!

PBNA-Boosher
05-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Hello! I've made some pretty good missions for an online scripted dogfight like that. I was wondering if you want to check them out. Here's what I have so far:

May-November, Kursk and Orel-1943

February to December, Stalingrad-1942

April-February, Crimea- 1941 to 1942

The maps are accurate, the front lines are confusing but seem to be accurate, and there's a nice concentration of flak on both sides which is realistic for the period. Just e-mail me at:

boosh at kbuch.com

I'll send you the files via e-mail. They still need a day or so for perfection, but overall they're great maps!

The planesets are realistic:

Here are the planes used for the Kursk and Orel Map, which I have onhand:

VVS:
MiG-3
MiG-3ud
MiG-3 AM-38
MiG-3 w/ 2 SHvAK
LaGG-3 Type 6
Yakovlev Yak-1
Yakovlev Yak-1b
Yakovlev Yak 7b
P-39N-1
P-40E M-105 field modification
La-5
I-16 Type 18
I-153M-62
Il2M early version
Il2M late version
Hurricane Mk IIb

Luftwaffe:
Bf-109E/4-B
Bf-109E/7-B
Bf-109F-2
Bf-109F-4
Fw-190A-4
Bf-110G-2
He-111H-2
He-111H-6
Ju-87D-3
Ju-87D-5
Ju-87G-1

That's basically them, there might be one or two that i've missed. NOTICE: no base has every plane. Each base has a different planeset based on whichever squadrons I pretended to be there. Overall, this will be an excellent dogfight experience.

THERE IS NO MG AAA, only Artillery AAA, which does not significantly take away from FPS yet still can provide excellent ground cover against bombers and some fighters. The proper way to avoid this is to fly low, and fast. One thing I hope to increase by putting out these servers is an awareness of how alone the solo pilot is. It may be able to let the pilots fly more realistically. People will eventually learn to form groups, and therefore, be more successful. This evolution will help further bring the online IL2 community together as well. As tactics develop, so will relationships, etc...

[This message was edited by PBNA-Boosher on Mon May 17 2004 at 12:02 PM.]

PBNA-Boosher
05-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Hello! I've made some pretty good missions for an online scripted dogfight like that. I was wondering if you want to check them out. Here's what I have so far:

May-November, Kursk and Orel-1943

February to December, Stalingrad-1942

April-February, Crimea- 1941 to 1942

The maps are accurate, the front lines are confusing but seem to be accurate, and there's a nice concentration of flak on both sides which is realistic for the period. Just e-mail me at:

boosh at kbuch.com

I'll send you the files via e-mail. They still need a day or so for perfection, but overall they're great maps!

The planesets are realistic:

Here are the planes used for the Kursk and Orel Map, which I have onhand:

VVS:
MiG-3
MiG-3ud
MiG-3 AM-38
MiG-3 w/ 2 SHvAK
LaGG-3 Type 6
Yakovlev Yak-1
Yakovlev Yak-1b
Yakovlev Yak 7b
P-39N-1
P-40E M-105 field modification
La-5
I-16 Type 18
I-153M-62
Il2M early version
Il2M late version
Hurricane Mk IIb

Luftwaffe:
Bf-109E/4-B
Bf-109E/7-B
Bf-109F-2
Bf-109F-4
Fw-190A-4
Bf-110G-2
He-111H-2
He-111H-6
Ju-87D-3
Ju-87D-5
Ju-87G-1

That's basically them, there might be one or two that i've missed. NOTICE: no base has every plane. Each base has a different planeset based on whichever squadrons I pretended to be there. Overall, this will be an excellent dogfight experience.

THERE IS NO MG AAA, only Artillery AAA, which does not significantly take away from FPS yet still can provide excellent ground cover against bombers and some fighters. The proper way to avoid this is to fly low, and fast. One thing I hope to increase by putting out these servers is an awareness of how alone the solo pilot is. It may be able to let the pilots fly more realistically. People will eventually learn to form groups, and therefore, be more successful. This evolution will help further bring the online IL2 community together as well. As tactics develop, so will relationships, etc...

[This message was edited by PBNA-Boosher on Mon May 17 2004 at 12:02 PM.]

lil_labbit
05-17-2004, 12:56 PM
VMF_SPaRX is host...
check here : www.war-clouds.net (http://www.war-clouds.net) it has his email addr.

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

PBNA-Boosher
05-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Thx lil_rabbit! Please! post comments on how you guys would like a map like this!

Bamatt
05-17-2004, 01:57 PM
I have noticed that alot of servers have the 109G2 missing from their 1942 missions. Why is this? I guess they think its too "uber", right?

VFS-22_SPaRX
05-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Boosher,

I would be more then honored to host your maps on the TOH server. I have said it many times, I will run maps that just about anyone creates. I do have a few things that i require of the map maker so that the server continues to run as smooth as it does. It's not the connection or the hardware that makes or breaks a server, it's the Maps. I will send you an email out here tonight with a list of things that I ask that you pay attention to when putting together the maps, that way you know what i am expecting. Please do not think i am out to discredit your abilities to create maps for a server, but there are many things i have found through A LOT of testing that will keep the server running in tip top shape http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Just to give you fair warning, I am going out of town for work Wednesday and i will not return till late Friday. So I will need till the weekend or beginning of next week to get them up and running.

S~ and thanks again for wanting to keep the servers going strong.

SPaRX