PDA

View Full Version : State of the Game November 2nd, 2017

Ubi-Johan
11-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Agents, incoming State of the Game transmission:

During the last State of the Game (https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-304884-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32), Community Developer Petter Mårtensson discussed the current status of the PTS and briefly touched upon some hot topics surrounding Update 1.8, including Rogue 2.0 and game balance.

This week, Petter was joined by two State of the Game regulars from Red Storm Entertainment. Creative Director, Terry Spier and Lead Game Designer, Keith Evans joined Petter to discuss the recently concluded PTS and all the exciting content coming in Update 1.8.

If you missed the stream, you can check out the VoD (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/187046505) or if you’re currently on the move, we have you covered with our Podcast Recap (https://soundcloud.com/thedivisiongame/state-of-the-game-02112017).

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/today_249540.jpg

The Update 1.8 PTS reached its conclusion on Tuesday, October 31st and is now closed on all platforms. We made a number of changes to Update 1.8 during the PTS that we are happy with and feel that Update 1.8 will be a high-point of the game. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your passion for the game, all your diligent testing you have done and all the feedback you have given in the past month that will help to ensure that Update 1.8 will be even better when released!

PTS is an important step in our development process that helps us to put the finishing touches on an update and brings a lot of value to the development team. Amongst other things, it allows us play test the update ourselves, watch streams, listen to community feedback and act on analytic data that is gathered during the PTS. A Public Test Server is something most games do not have and it is a very hectic time with a lot of data and feedback to process in a short time span but the end result always ends up as an improvement.

Terry & Keith clarified their thoughts on various balancing concerns the community have expressed during the PTS, including the Predator’s Mark and Path of the Nomad sets as well as the Ballistic Shield. They emphasized that they believe that the current balancing puts the aforementioned sets in the right place and are keen to see out how the community receives them when they get introduced in conjunction with an upcoming Global Event. In addition, they explained that they felt the Ballistic Shield over performed in certain situations. They now feel that it is in a good place after some final tweaks having been done to it for PTS3.

During the PTS many changes were made to the Rogue 2.0 mechanic based on community feedback to make it a more solid game mechanic overall. They also emphasized that the dynamics in the Dark Zone differ greatly between PTS and the live servers and that they believe the Rogue 2.0 manhunt terminal gameplay loop is something that will work well on the live servers, creating unique and dynamic engagements between manhunt groups and rogue hunters.

We will of course monitor community feedback on all of these topics when Update 1.8 drops but we believe that Update 1.8 is overall in a good place and that it will bring tons of cool content to the game.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/lookingforward_249535.jpg

We are quickly approaching the release of Update 1.8 that will bring many cool additions to the game and we hope that the community will love the update as much as we do! Below is a quick summary of some of the content that is soon coming to the game for free.

The West Side Piers map extension.
New story elements to uncover through audio logs.
Resistance – PvE Horde mode.
Skirmish – 4v4 PvP mode.
New Global Events.
New Classified Gear Sets.
Optimization Station.
Rogue 2.0.
Underground Revamp.

Great news for all our agents that will be playing on Xbox One X in the near future, as today we confirmed that improvements for the console will be coming to The Division. More juicy details and a timeline will come at a later date, so make sure to stay tuned to future State of the Game streams.

To wrap this State of the Game up with some good news, Classified Gear set pieces as well as the new exotics has been confirmed by our guests to drop in the Underground in Update 1.8. See you down there in Update 1.8!

As always, be sure to join us over on the Official Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498) or on the community Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/) if you’re looking for a place to discuss all things related to The Division.

Until next time!

The Division Dev Team

POP_King_Delica
11-02-2017, 10:15 PM
hi Guys,

We have asked this question a lot with no answer forth coming ... but how is PvP ranking going to work in Australia with lack of access to Last Stand servers and games ? How will Skirmish run in Australia if we have the same same server restrictions as Last Stand ?

job7villa
11-03-2017, 05:02 AM
●looking forward to the update.
●can u guys fix the d3 chest, gloves, and knee pads so they do not just roll with stamina. Same for other gear pieces.
●the svd, g36, ump etc can u make it so they do not roll the same third talent.
●for the first aid overdose can we get the -option- to make "ally heal" give the bigger heal and "self heal" get the small heal basically flip it, the icon should change when we do this, instead of appearing on the right-top it now appears on the left-top.

MysTicaLPotat0
11-03-2017, 08:16 AM
If it's true that you are making Stolen Signal the incursion to play for the next Global Event, you have made a huge mistake. You are basically locking out a huge number of players who don't own last stand, because they don't care about PvP. Very disappointed at that decision. I was going to get Last Stand for $10 just for the incursion, but now you're forcing it on players I think I'll keep my money.

OrbitalShark
11-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Can't wait for 1.8 to drop, as I've been looking forward to some new PvE content. Loved the Optimisation Station and I can see that greatly improving the PvE experience for a lot of players.

Hopefully the enemy spawn rate will be toned down while just exploring West Side Piers, as currently (on pts at least) players didn't have much opportunity to actually explore the new area.

LtnDrgn
11-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Why not give players the choice of pvp or pve in the DZ. I'm more a pve player and hate going into the dz, of which i only go to collect loot from stash boxes instead of hitting landmarks.....why???.. because I get more out of the stashes than i do clearing a landmark. even if i dont get a weapon or gear I can use at least i can count on dz funds and Division tech along with funds from selling unwanted items. I stopped doing weeklies to avoid the dz. Just don't want to deal with the rouges. I dont build for pvp and dont want to. the dz issue is an ongoing debate but one easily resolved give players a choice of pvp or pve as you did in survival....hell, even in survival "friendlies" would steal the drops but that was not as frustrating as being farmed by rouges. and you can stop nurffing or buffing gear and weapons which is worse than anything, especially after working hard to make a build only to have it nurffed soon after. I like the 1.8 but was expecting a larger map and the missions need to be better explained. I have gotten to wave 9 but couldn't figure out what the last task was and timed out. Just my 2€

r0xmachine
11-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Any changes to classified Striker set?

CMS2014
11-06-2017, 09:03 PM
If it's true that you are making Stolen Signal the incursion to play for the next Global Event, you have made a huge mistake. You are basically locking out a huge number of players who don't own last stand, because they don't care about PvP. Very disappointed at that decision. I was going to get Last Stand for $10 just for the incursion, but now you're forcing it on players I think I'll keep my money.
They have already stated that masks/commendations are not tied to the incursions that way people without dlcs can get them.

Ninjeee
11-06-2017, 11:09 PM
When does 1.8 drop and ready to install and play?

Wulfer001
11-07-2017, 08:50 AM
In next two weeks I think :o

Dr.Pinkfloyd
11-07-2017, 09:53 PM
but seriously where are Yannick ? we miss him and play 80s music rock and roll in twitch so much

you know this and all game need money to run !
without our support this game will die and after that we dont have game to worry about next global event or stolen signal !
buy last stand or season pass for game you love , support them not for pvp for game , make great moment for you
sorry for my bad English i hope you can understand what i try to say !

WebuserJonny
11-07-2017, 10:05 PM

You don't have to pvp in Last Stand. You can fight the landmarks to gain SHD credits for the team as well as scoring points for the kills you make.

thepingguy
11-10-2017, 08:34 PM
You don't have to pvp in Last Stand. You can fight the landmarks to gain SHD credits for the team as well as scoring points for the kills you make.

Eh, that's sort of true. You don't have to shoot other players, but that isn't going to stop them from shooting you. I've found that they kill me just fine whether I'm shooting them or not...

Ninjeee
11-13-2017, 06:47 PM
I sure hope so.

James2275
11-14-2017, 07:45 AM
I’ve had the opportunity to play on the PTS and here is how I feel. The Division was to be a PVE style game. It’s played in third person view because it’s an RPG versus how COD is played FPS. I feel the Division got lost along the way to an amazing PVE and focused more on PVP which killed PVE. Still not sure why however, in an effort to church up PVE a new game style was added with multiple waves of enemies. The more you kill the more points you get. This allows players to purchase ammo, health and to open new rooms or areas. Does this sound familiar? To me its just like COD Zombies game play. Bedside the focus towards PVP the loot drops are garbage. I have put in a lot of hours and get garbage as loot. Please stop adjusting / nurffing gear and guns because the PVP players complained about guns/gear being over powered. Lastly, PLEASE focus on PVE for a change.

dennhop21
11-15-2017, 02:02 AM
^this. Personally, I can't stand the pvp aspect of this game. I love the fact that you can team up with others and run missions, etc. I'm not a big pvp person, never have been. I think that instead of constantly nerffing items to make the pvp community happy and screwing the pve community over, simplify it a bit more. Make the darkzone the same as survivor...when you enter, you have the option of going pvp or pve. If you go pve and die, then other players can still pick up what you dropped. I rarely go into the dark one anymore, simply because of the pvp aspect. If I have a daily/weekly that requires me to go in, 9 times out of 10 I simply don't do the daily/weekly. It's not worth it to me.