PDA

View Full Version : Ok I am hyped! (new samurai char)

GMG Peter
11-02-2017, 07:15 PM
As the rumors about "two sword" new character for Samurai were true according to season 4 trailer and it looks that he will be very fun.. Who else is looking forward to playing him?

Till now i mained orochi- 16rep with him so far and from all the new heroes this one have the potential to be my new main so I am starting to save steel for him 🕐😎😱

Akira_Makaze
11-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Yep, orochi rep 40 main here, loving the look and hoping the move list looks just as good!

Netcode_err_404
11-02-2017, 08:32 PM
Yep, orochi rep 40 main here, loving the look and hoping the move list looks just as good!

oh god.

Basically 200 hours of top lights and zone.

gg for the courage.

GMG Peter
11-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Nice! ✅ cant wait to see how high tier armor and weapons will look 👀

Already had saved 2,5k steel today lol

SenBotsu893
11-02-2017, 09:00 PM
from the short trailer and developer comments i gues he will be the weaker of the 2 new characters.

at least thats how it sounded to me

Shaman they were like:" Jeah we really like her, how she moves, how she attacks"

Daredevil they were like: "jeah we made another samurai lol" like they didnt put as much effert into him as opposed to the new vicking.

but i could be wrong we will see. at least his desing looks very nice

TSCDescon
11-02-2017, 09:12 PM
from the short trailer and developer comments i gues he will be the weaker of the 2 new characters.

Shaman they were like:" Jeah we really like her, how she moves, how she attacks"

Daredevil they were like: "jeah we made another samurai lol" like they didnt put as much effert into him as opposed to the new vicking.

No ****, they hate samurais just by the way they introduce the character compare to the shaman.

Helnekromancer
11-02-2017, 09:31 PM

Dude they don't care about Samurai, just hope the new one sucks on release or every thread is going to be "Ronin Broken" so he doesn't get nerfed, 2 weeks after release.

UbiJurassic
11-02-2017, 09:38 PM
As a Knight myself, I'm looking forward to trying out the Aramusha!

Actual footage of me trying to play him:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/qPd3ToldVPAfS/giphy.gif?fingerprint=3640f60959fb81f75376307a5183 a5bd

RiceComboA
11-02-2017, 09:45 PM
I've always felt the Samurai faction is very under represented by the Devs. Every WD confirms this belief for me.

Roman is very passionate when it comes to his Knights. He usually seems bored and nonchalant, then becomes very animated when anything Knight is mentioned.

Bio is all about the Vikings. Asking Knights to team up with Viking against the Samurai backs that feeling up very well.

Samurai..... has no one. No passion, or love from any of the Dens. Just a bastard child of a faction lol

Can we please have some representation for the Samurai faction? Promote a Dev up who actually plays one?

TSCDescon
11-02-2017, 09:48 PM
I've always felt the Samurai faction is very under represented by the Devs. Every WD confirms this belief for me.

Roman is very passionate when it comes to his Knights. He usually seems bored and nonchalant, then becomes very animated when anything Knight is mentioned.

Bio is all about the Vikings. Asking Knights to team up with Viking against the Samurai backs that feeling up very well.

Samurai..... has no one. No passion, or love from any of the Dens. Just a bastard child of a faction lol

Can we please have some representation for the Samurai faction? Promote a Dev up who actually plays one?

Prob there isn't any.

GMG Peter
11-02-2017, 09:48 PM
As a Knight myself, I'm looking forward to trying out the Aramusha!

Actual footage of me trying to play him:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/qPd3ToldVPAfS/giphy.gif?fingerprint=3640f60959fb81f75376307a5183 a5bd

Lol you made my day 🌞😂

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 10:13 PM

Damien is a kensei main and grew up with samurai culture going by some dens.

Helnekromancer
11-02-2017, 10:29 PM
I don't like the dual swords since this game already has too much dual wielding now Vikings have their own PK.
"Sword and Dagger meet Axe and Dagger"

Wanted a Bo Staff, but meh. He has less armor than the Nobushi meaning his further gear upgrades will just be spikes and embroidery and not actual armor like Kensei and Orochi. I get that they wanted to do a Samurai Jack esc character but it looks really awkward when up against armored opponents like lawbringer.

Lawbringer : "I'm ready for battle!"
Aramushu: "I'm ready to go to bed?"

Helnekromancer
11-02-2017, 10:32 PM

I think Damian is a Kensei main but he only talks about Samurai when someone tells him to. Like the rest of the Samurai roster he keeps to himself and eat at the loser table never to be buffed always nerfed. But Kensei is getting a rework so maybe there is hope for 1 Samurai to be top tier maybe... probably not.

RiceComboA
11-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Damien is a kensei main and grew up with samurai culture going by some dens.

Damien is very neutral. I feel he is the lead developer and keeps the bias to a minimal.

That's not what I in a faction leader. If this was real war and he's the general, the Samurai would be out of the fight before it even began.

We need PASSION!! I want to see a true SHOGUNATE with samurai spirt in the next Den to show case the Aramusha.

The way things are going it'll be like season 2 where Roman and his Centurion overshadowed the Shinobi.

DaLast_Samurai
11-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Been waiting a long time for Orochi to get some much needed love from the devs.

I hope they haven't written him off.
He's not okay.
He's definitely the weakest assassin.
He's definitely low tier.

And I'm not interested in wielding two katanas at all.

So I'm not hyped at all.
Just getting more bitter the longer Orochi isn't addressed.

And as you have all said, the whole Samurai faction has been neglected, except for the recent Shinobi buffs.

Saw one person say once, they should just undo all the Samurai nerfs from long ago.

On that note, can anyone tell me how Orochi was nerfed?

I started playing in early June, quite a while after.

Vakris_One
11-03-2017, 04:44 AM
Rep 17 Kensei here. I am hoping for a new main that isn't gimped. I went with Highlander last Season and have him up to Rep 9. He's fun and essentially a more versatile Kensei but of course he was the weaker of the two new heroes and is pretty much low tier because he's not designed to be competitive like the Glad was.

I can't help but feel like the Aramusha is also going to be getting the shorter end of the stick when compared to the Shaman. I really hope the Aramusha isn't just another Highlander, i.e. a bit of a funny novelty but never really designed to be the competitive choice.

Corvy
11-03-2017, 02:21 PM
love the concept, but I don't understand why they decided to wear him like that. (looks like the shinobi)

I mean, I was expecting the clasical aspect,juban kimono and Hakama, something like this:
https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/44657/screenshots/1091721/musashi_1x.jpg

not this:
http://puu.sh/ydOP1/3f751ecc62.jpg

Nokhchalla
11-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Been waiting a long time for Orochi to get some much needed love from the devs.

I hope they haven't written him off.
He's not okay.
He's definitely the weakest assassin.
He's definitely low tier.

And I'm not interested in wielding two katanas at all.

So I'm not hyped at all.
Just getting more bitter the longer Orochi isn't addressed.

And as you have all said, the whole Samurai faction has been neglected, except for the recent Shinobi buffs.

Saw one person say once, they should just undo all the Samurai nerfs from long ago.

On that note, can anyone tell me how Orochi was nerfed?

I started playing in early June, quite a while after.

You should have seen the game when it was in beta.... 80% of people were playing Orochi because he had very powerful critical hits. Then he got nerfed and that's it.

GMG Peter
11-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Yeah and back there in beta deflects were usefull not trash like now