PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back At Assassin's Creed 3

HuTcHy__
11-02-2017, 12:33 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=4s&v=EYC1bnDOKjs

I made a video looking back at Assassin's Creed 3 to see if it really deserves the reputation that some people have given it. Do you agree or disagree with what I've said?

strigoi1958
11-02-2017, 02:06 PM
That's a good video and well narrated.

You touch on the important point FUN. The main purpose of games is FUN... it would be amazing (although impossible) for a game to be 100% enjoyable to 100% of people. So how much fun we get from each game determines how little we care about the other things. Most negative views I see about AC3 tend to relate to Ezio not being in it so they dislike Connor... or they dislike that Desmond dies.
Like yourself they hardly touch on a lot of things like the lock picking and navigating underground, the puzzles. the collectables, crafting, trading and the homestead missions.

I think it is a shame that the amount of emphasis people place on a story or how likeable a character is.... can have such an impact on their opinion of great games. If people can judge a game on it's own merit without comparison they'd enjoy the game more.

What makes a game good is when we all find we like the majority of what it has to offer... it does not matter if the things you like are different from the things I like, just as long as we both find things that make the game more fun than not fun. AC3 IS a great game when looked at objectively... that statement changes when we subject the game to our own taste... Me I love it. But I think what helps is I am a gamer so I have no interest in story or characters so I only judge games on the game itself ;)

HuTcHy__
11-02-2017, 02:15 PM
That's a good video and well narrated.

You touch on the important point FUN. The main purpose of games is FUN... it would be amazing (although impossible) for a game to be 100% enjoyable to 100% of people. So how much fun we get from each game determines how little we care about the other things. Most negative views I see about AC3 tend to relate to Ezio not being in it so they dislike Connor... or they dislike that Desmond dies.
Like yourself they hardly touch on a lot of things like the lock picking and navigating underground, the puzzles. the collectables, crafting, trading and the homestead missions.

I think it is a shame that the amount of emphasis people place on a story or how likeable a character is.... can have such an impact on their opinion of great games. If people can judge a game on it's own merit without comparison they'd enjoy the game more.

What makes a game good is when we all find we like the majority of what it has to offer... it does not matter if the things you like are different from the things I like, just as long as we both find things that make the game more fun than not fun. AC3 IS a great game when looked at objectively... that statement changes when we subject the game to our own taste... Me I love it. But I think what helps is I am a gamer so I have no interest in story or characters so I only judge games on the game itself ;)

Cheers for the feedback, yeah as long as the gameplay itself is fun then the rest doesn't even matter. That being said I don't hate the story etc. In AC3, it just has some pretty bad parts but overall it's decent.