PDA

View Full Version : Parkour downgrade?

GodOfThunder23
11-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Let me start off by saying this as a huge AC fan this game is amazingly beautiful. I like where combat has gone it's a little bit more challenging. Even though I do prefer the old combat just because of the combo multiplier and instant kills along with the ability to parry sometimes two or three guys. But I definitely like the turn the series took. But with all the beautiful detail in this game the dev team left out the smallest most important thing to do with free running and parkour. The ability to leap over or under something without touching it with a variety of different animations. The free running doesn't feel as smooth when your running along and you have to stop and jump atop The fence or whatever it may be and jump back off. They started doing that with the parkour in AC3 and it continued all the way until ACO. I don't know maybe it's just me but the small details like that take away from what the parkour used to be it just felt smoother in previous games. Hopefully enough people will notice it also and we can get it brought back I just can't believe they missed it because they put it in Black Flag.

FOX_1976_FOX
11-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Let me start off by saying this as a huge AC fan this game is amazingly beautiful. I like where combat has gone it's a little bit more challenging. Even though I do prefer the old combat just because of the combo multiplier and instant kills along with the ability to parry sometimes two or three guys. But I definitely like the turn the series took. But with all the beautiful detail in this game the dev team left out the smallest most important thing to do with free running and parkour. The ability to leap over or under something without touching it with a variety of different animations. The free running doesn't feel as smooth when your running along and you have to stop and jump atop The fence or whatever it may be and jump back off. They started doing that with the parkour in AC3 and it continued all the way until ACO. I don't know maybe it's just me but the small details like that take away from what the parkour used to be it just felt smoother in previous games. Hopefully enough people will notice it also and we can get it brought back I just can't believe they missed it because they put it in Black Flag.

Hi.

I completely agree with you on this. Parkour has been downgraded big time.

Ubi-Keo
11-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this on to the Assassin's Creed Origins team.