PDA

View Full Version : Lost all gear/inventory after AMBUSH AT SEA

hershsethia
11-02-2017, 07:17 AM
I am level 29 after putting almost 30 hours in the game in XBOX one.

After AMBUSH AT SEA mission I have nothing in the inventory and no gear. How do I progress?

I have restarted, tried dying, fast travelling etc. I have now lost all the will to play after spending so much money and investing so much time.

Please HELP!!

Assbugers
11-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Same thing happened to me an hour ago and it is that mission that messed it up, I have now lost the will to play to rest of the game since I have 31+ hours and I lost everything at least I'm not the only one that has this happen to them. I hope there is a fix soon or they just lost a player since I don't want to have to start a new game again.

Nethom
11-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Me too - I have reported it to Ubisoft and they have confirmed its a bug and fixed in patch 1.03

Not tested yet, but I assume this will not recover my lost items from 30+ hours of gaming and they are refusing to provide a one time code or similar method to allow for this and I really haven't the will to go back to start again :(

Very frustrating :mad:

bkjolly77
11-04-2017, 01:02 AM
I had the same issue after playing Ambush at Sea after playing 71 hours and with 77% completion. I contacted Ubisoft "not so support" and they gave me instructions to attempt to retrieve it from a cloud save which didn't work. They say it'll be fixed in a future update but I'm guessing the issue is what they're talking about not the result of what the glitch does. I mean how can they fix that when the inventory, gear, mounts, outfits, etc aren't saved anywhere? So essentially we're all screwed and I have no intentions of replaying the game so I basically wasted my money to get screwed by poor QC at Ubisoft.

bkjolly77
11-04-2017, 01:08 AM
If Ubisoft told you it was fixed in the 1.03 patch they lied because I was on the 1.03 patch when it happened. I don't even have a mount in my inventory any more and all of my gear was level 40 legendary gear as well as my mount from pre order and papyrus and inventory from quests. Also the Twitch Prime gear is all gone and everything I earned in game play. I doubt I will ever run the game again after this since there is almost no chance of them restoring my inventory and gear. I would have to replay to finish the game because I already collected most of the treasure and papyrus and I was maxed out on everything so the game is unplayable at this point for me with no chance of fixing it and they refused to refund me for the experience.

bkjolly77
11-04-2017, 03:45 AM
Here's the real kick in the sack, they've known about the Ambush at Sea issue for a week and could have and now a week later are preventing access to the mission until they fix the glitch. There's not really an excuse for being complacent to that degree and letting a bunch of players who pre ordered the game and supported the AC Brand get screwed when it could have been avoided. It completely ruined the game for to the point I asked for a refund but they refused fortunately I paid for my pre order with PayPal and filed a Buyers Protection claim with them for a refund on the basis that Ubisoft delivered a faulty product.

mastermarney
11-11-2017, 05:11 PM
I cant believe this! i was loving origins but now that ambush at season mission has glitched my character too! I have lost everything! gear, weapons, mounts, money, inventory... absolutely everything!! i am level 36, bought the season pass and now i cant do anything!! this needs to be fixed quick! i was looking forward to doing the trial of anubis at some point today and now i cant!!!!! i am furious! sort this out quickly please ubisoft!!!

ubi--unicorn
11-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Hey guys. If you experienced this issue, please create a ticket at support (http://support.ubi.com) so we can assist you. Thank you!

CaptainGigaX
11-14-2017, 12:41 AM
STOP DOING THIS MISSION, IT'S BUGGED.

It's a known listed issue.

Ubisoft is actually supposed to be preventing access to this mission, you shouldn't even be seeing it.

R3cKI
11-14-2017, 11:14 AM
how is the mission called? ambush at sea? thats the name?

thejonman
11-16-2017, 02:30 AM
Itís sad that Ubisoft is more worried about releasing paid armor sets then actually fixing a bug in their game that theyíve known about for awhile. Was seriously enjoying this game and now donít want to even pick it up after itís fixed. Sad I wasted my money on the season pass. Ubisoft support has been a joke through out the whole process for me at least. Glad I have a $100 paper weight now...

BuckeyeKnight1
11-16-2017, 02:48 AM
This is still not fixed. I just tried this mission and I'm completely stuck in it. I can't do anything but row a boat now. Level 40+, all legendary gear and have and Isu armor. Is there ANY fix or work around yet???

BuckeyeKnight1
11-16-2017, 03:08 AM
Contacted support, looks like I'm completely done with ACO until they fix this. The only thing I can do is row a boat now, absolutely nothing else anymore. Unreal.

CaptainGigaX
11-16-2017, 06:44 AM
It’s sad that Ubisoft is more worried about releasing paid armor sets then actually fixing a bug in their game that they’ve known about for awhile. Was seriously enjoying this game and now don’t want to even pick it up after it’s fixed. Sad I wasted my money on the season pass. Ubisoft support has been a joke through out the whole process for me at least. Glad I have a $100 paper weight now...

Dear lord quit your crying.

Read patch 1.0.5 notes.

It's fixed when they roll them out.

They aren't spending time releasing cosmetic crap over fixing the game. Ya'll need to calm down and realize how the bug reporting and fixing process works. It's not something you can just snap your fingers and be done with.

You first have to recreate it several times over, verify exactly what is causing it, then you have to test and re-test fixes and code changes, and finally finalize everything and submit it for review. Then you have to submit it to the distributor if you're outside your own client, like say Steam. Valve would then have to verify the patch. In the case of consoles, you have to pay a fee and they have to verify it.

THEN FINALLY when all of that is done, you roll it out and hope nothing else ****ing breaks.

Treacle_6773
11-16-2017, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, "Ambush at Sea" disappeared from my quest log about 5days~1week ago, but it reappeared last night (about 20:00 GMT) and worked fine. I backed up my save beforehand just in case, completed the mission and all was fine. No bugs, glitches or loss of inventory. Everything worked as it should.

(playing on PS4 in UK v1.0.3, lvl40+, post main storyline)

CaptainGigaX
11-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Hey guys, "Ambush at Sea" disappeared from my quest log about 5days~1week ago, but it reappeared last night (about 20:00 GMT) and worked fine. I backed up my save beforehand just in case, completed the mission and all was fine. No bugs, glitches or loss of inventory. Everything worked as it should.

(playing on PS4 in UK v1.0.3, lvl40+, post main storyline)

You got lucky because they only fixed that in 1.0.5