PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den November 2nd

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 01:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oR8UpgWfu4

Throwing this up early because there is such a lot of information just in the info dump, tomorrow is going to be an exciting one.

A sidenote, my clocks have gone back an hour, they haven't over in America/Canada. Usually I take account of this when it comes to things in America/Canada I watch, sometimes I forget and what I was watching is an hour in or finished. Going to try very hard to make that not an issue tomorrow lol but a heads up just in case.

Said info dump:

MAINTENANCE: Tomorrow, Thursday Nov 2nd, we will be performing a maintenance across all platforms, This maintenance will run from 7:30am ET / 11:30am GMT - 7:50am EDT / 11:50am GMT and close out our Feast of the Otherworld event. There is an expected downtime of 20 minutes across all platforms.

WARRIOR'S DEN SEASON 4 REVEAL STREAM: on the show tomorrow we begin unveiling the beauty contained within our next Season of For Honor.

http://twitch.tv/forhonorgame at 12PM EDT

On the show tomorrow you will learn:

Season 4 Name
Season 4 Start Date
Names and (very) quick look at TWO BRAND NEW HEROES coming in Season 4.
Names and (very) quick look at TWO BRAND NEW MAPS coming in Season 4
Information on what new mode(s) you can expect to see during Season 4.
Get a gander at the new rewards coming in Tournament Mode for Season 4. (PS did you know the current Tournament Mode rewards go away when Season 4 begins?!?! If not, go get em!)
Get a deep dive on the numerous changes coming to the Faction War in Season 4.
SEASON 4 PATCH NOTES with Roman and Damien (text version won't be posted till next week)
Update on the Online 4v4 Tournament we've been running, announcing Finalists coming to Montreal next week.
Oh also, wanna know when our next Free Weekend is? TUNE IN TO FIND OUT.

What's NOT coming in tomorrow's show. (because you always yell at me when you're disappointed, and I've seen all these things asked lately)

Full Hero Trailers (next week's Warrior's Den)
Deep Dive with the Art Team on the Maps, Gear, and Heroes (next week's Warrior's Den*)
Deep Dive with the Fight Team on the new Heroes' gameplay (November 11th Event Stream*)
A look at Hero revamps (While we've mentioned these are being worked on after the defensive meta Fight System updates, they are not ready to be released)
Dedicated Servers (great progress is being made here but so far it's all been very technical stuff, so no official update to share. Soon.)
Community Corner (long show this week already)
Q&A (see above)
New Executions (SO SOON THO ;-) )

*current planning. sometimes plans change!

The what not to expect is just as revealing as the what to expect. New season is very likely November 14th if they keep to tuesdays (reveal event is November 11th). Executions,not this week but close, assuming they are season three, next week but that he mentioned them and said soon means they are in the rotation. Hero revamps are being worked on and I am guessing will be priority after the fight system changes, dedicated servers progressing well, though soon can mean anything. Outside of that, I am excited for the first look at the heroes and maps and waiting to hear what they came up with for faction war changes,

Preshow splash screen is up and god it is pretty. Season 4 is named Order and Havoc. The weapons in the splash screen are two long swords, an axe and a jagged shorter sword (I want to say kukri at first glance), I would say that is Ronin and Huntress confirmed. In the centre we see a bear and a scorpion.

And we are live, I succeeded in remembering 4 not 5 for me lol.

This week and next are their season 4 hype dens and we know they will have the pre launch on the 11th. This week, season 4 trailer, sit down with Bio for faction war changes, a very long set of patch notes, 13 pages or so. Season 4 tournament update with the November 11th date in mind.

9th to 12th on all platforms is the next free weekend, this time they are doing something different they call the warrior training program. they are encouraging us to get people in and group up with them, if we current players play five matches with a new comer we get 5,000 steel as do new players playing five games matched up. Groups of new players will also get the 5k. I am in two thoughts over this, cool concept but I still think, as I did last free weekend, that dedicated servers need to come in first, a lot of people posted here saying cool game but I won't buy because errors.

Halloween event is over as of today,Mask outfits go to 20,000. Bundles will be up for a few days.For those saying they have no long term plans,Eric said hopefully we get to do halloween stuff next year so apparently they are thinking ahead at least that far.

Content of the week new ornaments 5k each. he said executions are coming very soon. This is one ornament per hero not per faction..

Ultimate digital athletes are confirmed for the European spot in the finals. Clutchmeister has had most takedowns in a game in this tournament, 21-1 with a kensei. Team NRG take it for the US team. Shenanigans went on behind Luc throughout the video, a guy with a gladiators style putal stick and someone with a creepy demon mask.

Season 4 trailer played, a brief look at the new heroes in it, aramusha and shaman. Tribute is coming as is ranked dominion. The maps are called market town and gauntlet.Market town has ziplines which allow for death from above shenanigans. the viking map is a dominion map, biggest viking map they have done. Equip 4 executions is confirmed for season 4. On the faction war map they are showing the three most interesting territories under siege. Confirmation that season 4 begins November 14th.

Gauntlet is in every mode, market town in everything but dominion.

They showed a taster video on the Tribute mode.

The tribute maps available are most of the skirmish and elimination maps.

Changes since public test.

If someone is interacting with a shrine, stealing or securing a flag, and the timer hits zero, the game doesn't end until that interaction is over one way or the other. Renown gain has been reduced. Damage buff does not affect feats and has been reduced. Timer on the defence buff regen has been made 9 seconds after last damage. Respawn rules have been improved. Moves and feats that slay other players now make the offering drop. Being in revenge gives you the same immunities it would normally.

Both heroes are gender locked, shaman female, aramusha male.

Shaman is an assassin, she has bleed through heavy cancel and light after heavy like the peacekeeper. When a target is bleeding, one of her finishers changes, so it is a bleed/pressure character. Aramusha is a vanguard/heavy hybrid with a ronin type of archetype. he has a tricky playstyle, his key strength is an infinite chain with mixup potential.Attacking twice in the same direction gives a more powerful finisher which can be cancelled to bait opponents.he has a full defence stance which different things can happen out of. Both apparently have awesome executions and emotes.

There is no update on dedicated servers but we will definitely get an update during season 4.

Faction war update with powerpoint.

Three kinds of changes. Readability with UI refactor, war asset display and hotspots. Worldbuilding with terminology update and names for territories. Rules update with turn duration and assets carrying over.

Readability, they want to increase clarity and give more power to players to understand where and how to display war assets. Everything you see now will be faction based, the war map is much more clear. There are territories telling you what you are gaining or losing. Instead of percentages you will see actual numbers of assets deployed. They have said they hide nothing now, we see all the information. They have blinking areas with hotspots telling you where the closest territories are.

World building, they wanted to give a more concrete and inspiring experience. terminology changes, tactical view becomes war map, territory updates become battles, turns become battle preparation, rounds become campaigns,war assets become troops. they have named every territory. they also show the maps that can be played on each territory.

Rule updates, they wanted to focus on making it fair and engaging. Battle (turn) duration is now 11 hours. This is going to mean less changes for people that can play at a particular time of the day, it also evens out that some factions play more at different times during the day. Turn carry over, after every battle, 50% of the winner's advantage carries over on that territory and if other factions leave that territory alone this will grow, so every round matters. Isolating territories becomes a very tactical thing with that in mind.

All of this comes in start of season 4, they will be keeping an eye on if any of this needs tweaking.

Patch notes

Full details will be up as soon as they can, they are translating into different languages currently, global company and all.

Gauntlet, a pair of massive stone skulls as welcome or warning to those who seek to enter the viking fortress. Perched high on a hill, the fortress is protected by a gauntlet built by seasoned warriors to stop attackers reaching their most valued haven. Few have made it into the viking citadel...none have made it out.

Market town, out of tranquill marshland rises a samurai village,a densely populated maze of twisting alleys and unusual architecture. here the people live in stilt houses above the water and the landscape has necessitated a push skyward, creating multi tiered neighbourhoods at varying elevations. Navigating the village is a significant challenge for visitors and invaders alike but a system of ziplines is sure to expedite travel.

Patching system has been improved.Excepting this next patch which this is part of,patches should be shorter. Faceoff times should also be shorter.

All game modes will have level three bots.

Anti runaway system changes, they are trying to patch out the exploit of quickly locking and unlocking.

Fight system changes. They have a bunch coming this patch, there will be more coming this season or next so this is first batch of more coming. When out of stamina,light attack chains are not interrupted by block, light damage will also apply on light attacks in out of stamina.

Dodge roll stamina cost has increased form 40 to 50, roll no longer has guardbreak defence. I interpreted this wrong, clarification from FredEx In regards to rolling and GB, rolls still have immunity to guard breaks. The changes mean that you're not able to block while rolling. This was a miscommunication on our part but hopefully that clears it up.

Navigation speed has been tweaked to remove shuffling entering and exiting locks. The speed of characters in exiting lock should now be the same as normal.

Critical hp regen has been removed.

Dodge roll can be used to avoid traps, placing traps in obvious places are now avoidable.

They have fixed guardbreaks on stairs and slopes, this was supposed to be in the last patch but did not make the cut.

Sprint attacks can now acquire targets dynamically if they did not start with one.

There will be another batch coming this season or next targeted at parry.

Character changes. Almost all of the characters got some level of bug fixes.

Lawbringer has received some range buffs to their top heavy attacks and top heavy finishers.

Nobushi blissful rest feat has been replaced with second wind, blissful rest was either too good or too bad with little middle ground when balancing.

Gladiator heavy block opener recovery has been increased to 900ms from 800ms.

They have removed the uninterruptible flag on most feats. Second wind, stonewall banner, juggernaut and champion's aura retains uninteruptable.

Smokebombs deny interactions including capturing flags and zones.

Passive feats, deadly is active for three seconds and has a cooldown increase from three seconds to five. Fleshwound and thick skin, same thing.

Blood lust will only activate on hero kills not minions, again passive feat so cooldown changes.

Slip through, righteous deflection and winner's advantage, all passive feats so also all cooldown changes.

Maps they have changed some of the spawn points in duels, less ledge kills and more space is the aim. More brawl maps have both teammates spawned together.

Gear.All pre season heroes are receiving more visuals at epic and legendary, new characters will start a little behind. No new rarity this season, but there will be new stat bundles. A new one will have one stat hugely increased but two decreased and there will be another all three up a small way bundle stat. They have tweaked the effect of stamina cost reduction, it was too powerful at high levels and with the new one stat high, it would have been worse.

Four equipable executions using tap or hold on each button as you do with emotes.

Customisation, you can apply embossing (engraving in its old term), they can now also be placed on cloth.

Duel tournaments, now they prioritise the reward based on the last hero you played.If you already own the reward it switches back to random. new rewards for season 4, old ones will no longer be unlockable. Ranking, same as rewards is seasonal, you go back to unranked and will have to fight the ten fights to get a rank again. They will look into ways of introducing season three rewards at some point in season 4 based on that ornaments were hard to get for the hero you wanted, no promises, they are meant to be exclusive to the season. new characters will get theirs later in theseason as happened last season with Gladiator and Highlander.

They showed thumbnail images of tournament rewards for season 4, they are all animal themed.

Priority right now is on system changes, including timesnap, which they hope to have this season, speed relates to manpower (sometimes real life happens) and how risky they think it is ie do they need to test it, put it through PTS etc, reworks are set to be worked on more actively when all of that is out.

PC improvements. Screen space reflection, improve the quality of water reflection. Double buff vsynch option (I think?mightmeanmoreto you pc folk) more effective.

Duels are forfeit when the opponent ragequits no longer leaving you against bots.

Leaving a duel through exiting into group invite will now hit you with a matchmaking penalty.

Revenge duration stat was not affecting revenge shield duration, this is fixed.

Change to balista camera, it is now first person so no more ornaments blocking the screen.

Bug fixes on duel tournament flow. Matches are properly invalidated if opponent is kicked due to low frame rate. They are trying to fix flow bugs stopping you getting into matches.Announcer will apparently be more chatty at the end of a tournament match. They fixed missing rewards.

Added missing tier reward ornaments,added a missing paint pattern for impressionist gladiator outfit. Fixed issues related to outfits not having tattoos and symbols players selected.

Blinking bar on out of stamina is back.

Fixes on flow ui-wise, fixed an issue that will keep group members stuck on the faction warmap during matchmaking. Map overview now supports colourblind mode.

When in matchmaking, you can customise your hero, this was in duel tournaments, it will now be in all modes.

Gamepad bugs for pc have been fixed.

Starting in windowed mode could cause the game to start in a tiny window in the corner, now fixed.

Corrupted data matchmaking bug on pc fixed.

Next week the art folks will go over the new heroes, maps and gear. Full hero trailers will play.

11th is the big season 4 stream, finals of the tournament and the full gameplay overview of the new heroes.

And that is a wrap.

TSCDescon
11-02-2017, 03:44 AM
No surprises here.

bmason1000
11-02-2017, 03:59 AM
I'm excited, this is going to be good. Very in to it.

Tyrjo
11-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Very hyped to see the first taste of the new heroes.

Stahlrusse
11-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Tournament Finals are something I'm not very interested in. Stoked for everything else though!

matt89connor
11-02-2017, 09:53 AM
i just hope they show us the defensive meta patch, at least what about they want doing next week in season 4 start :)

but candleIn, you say in the post : new mode(s)....what? not only tribute mode in season 4?

ChampionRuby50g
11-02-2017, 10:16 AM
hoping they touch on Dedicated Server progress, and hopefully give us a time frame of when we can expect it.
But also keen to see the new Viking hero!

Aarpian
11-02-2017, 11:23 AM
tomorrow is going to be an exciting one.
Not unless they're announcing the meta change fixes it won't be. Just more fluff for an unplayable game.

Haplo_Bane
11-02-2017, 01:17 PM
The dedicated servers will arrive in February " just in time " for the Second Year Edition. Don't expect anything but the bare minimum before then. Think about it. Why would they? Why do think they keep dragging out even the simplest of fixes. It's called "cutting your losses". If people have stuck with this horrible mess of a game for this long they're not going to stop now.ARE THEY? No. No point investing ANYTHING with their "advanced" peer to peer debacle that will FINALLY be executed in three(3) months. So with what little player base they have left in their pocket full of smoke and mirrors,AND their focus being mainly on AC and the upcoming FarCry that they KNOW WILL MAKE THEM MONEY, it is easy to predict ubiSOFT's current stance on For Honor. Wait out the xmas rush , concerntrate on the games that will bring the largest immediate financial gain,so in FEBRUARY it will ripe to release the game proper(fully supported by quick,short,cheap but intense promotions),ERGO getting a new fresh new player base and a years worth of gamers that PAYED them to test the game.
. Sooooooooooo to summerize: If ANYONE is expecting ANY worthwhile changes before FEBRUARY you are completely and utterly wasting your time/energy and or opinions.

DisconnectsRus
11-02-2017, 02:10 PM
No news on the Dedicated Servers "its very technical". We are Gamers... Most of us are nerds....duhhh...Tell us anyway....Figures. No point watching then. I dont care about their bug infested content that hurts the game more or watching updates on that stupid tournament either. I just wanna play an hour with my friends without us disconnecting from each other. Sad after we get tired of disconnects we just do our orders vs AI so we can atleast play the game. Then we just go to a better stabilized pvp game(where we can have hours upon hours of uninterrupted gameplay). Time to go sell this back to GameStop. I'll get more use out of the lanyard I'm going to get with my refund. I'm impatient I wont wait months like most of you have. Just a few days of this crap and I'm done.

I thought I was getting a deal for this game. All I bought was a disconnect/error multiplayer experience with good PVE(Like most Ubisoft games). in a pretty nice used box. Now I know why there was so many used copies on the shelf.....I shouldve read the reviews apparently. My mistake when it comes to Ubisoft.

Netcode_err_404
11-02-2017, 03:01 PM
yeahhh, lets add 2 new heroes while almost all of the originals still suck, and gladiators, and shinobi are broken af.

Lets put more executions. But god forbids us to make meta changes that ppl are asking since s1, after all we are only in s4, with the same design problem.

What can I say ? Another useless den.

Stahlrusse
11-02-2017, 03:15 PM
The dedicated servers will arrive in February " just in time " for the Second Year Edition. Don't expect anything but the bare minimum before then. Think about it. Why would they? Why do think they keep dragging out even the simplest of fixes. It's called "cutting your losses". If people have stuck with this horrible mess of a game for this long they're not going to stop now.ARE THEY? No. No point investing ANYTHING with their "advanced" peer to peer debacle that will FINALLY be executed in three(3) months. So with what little player base they have left in their pocket full of smoke and mirrors,AND their focus being mainly on AC and the upcoming FarCry that they KNOW WILL MAKE THEM MONEY, it is easy to predict ubiSOFT's current stance on For Honor. Wait out the xmas rush , concerntrate on the games that will bring the largest immediate financial gain,so in FEBRUARY it will ripe to release the game proper(fully supported by quick,short,cheap but intense promotions),ERGO getting a new fresh new player base and a years worth of gamers that PAYED them to test the game.
. Sooooooooooo to summerize: If ANYONE is expecting ANY worthwhile changes before FEBRUARY you are completely and utterly wasting your time/energy and or opinions.

Can't wait for the Christmas Mythic Outfits where everyone has the same Santa Claus cap and the emote effects will be presents raining down on the enemy.

And a new Emote "Putting Presents under Christmas Tree"

New Execution where you impale someone on a christmas tree called "Brutal Christmas"

:rolleyes:

TSCDescon
11-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Can't wait for the Christmas Mythic Outfits where everyone has the same Santa Claus cap and the emote effects will be presents raining down on the enemy.

And a new Emote "Putting Presents under Christmas Tree"

New Execution where you impale someone on a christmas tree called "Brutal Christmas"

:rolleyes:

Gimme Santa Shugoki.

TSCDescon
11-02-2017, 04:27 PM
No news on the Dedicated Servers "its very technical". We are Gamers... Most of us are nerds....duhhh...Tell us anyway....Figures. No point watching then. I dont care about their bug infested content that hurts the game more or watching updates on that stupid tournament either. I just wanna play an hour with my friends without us disconnecting from each other. Sad after we get tired of disconnects we just do our orders vs AI so we can atleast play the game. Then we just go to a better stabilized pvp game(where we can have hours upon hours of uninterrupted gameplay). Time to go sell this back to GameStop. I'll get more use out of the lanyard I'm going to get with my refund. I'm impatient I wont wait months like most of you have. Just a few days of this crap and I'm done.

I thought I was getting a deal for this game. All I bought was a disconnect/error multiplayer experience with good PVE(Like most Ubisoft games). in a pretty nice used box. Now I know why there was so many used copies on the shelf.....I shouldve read the reviews apparently. My mistake when it comes to Ubisoft.

People still going on with this?

Cmon it's a bait to make people play the game. Is it not obvious? They couldn't give us legit details about dedicated servers. It's all "we're working on it" "no eta" etc.

DisconnectsRus
11-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Thank god for refunds...

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 04:50 PM
I think people are jumping the gun over saying there are no fight system changes or character balancing changes announced given a portion of this show will be over patch notes. As to the meta changes,the first batch came in at last season's launch, since then they have had PTS sessions and a community workshop,so I would say I am about 60-70% sure we are going to see something in that regard and I would give around the same odds that either we will see nerfs, buffs on some characters waiting for reworks or a mix of the two. People want the revamped OG characters now, they also want the fight system changes now and the latter the devs have been up front for a while in saying they are the current priority in what the fight team are doing. What they have told us with revamps is that they are working on motion capture and some are more advanced than others in production.

As to dedicated servers, yeah, that takes time, usually they announce things like this closer to release for this exact reason, people keep saying but when, they felt it important enough to tell us that they have listened to us and they have decided for the long term the migration is needed, but that then puts the onus on us to repay that forward notice with being patient. I am sure they will come, whether that is December, January or February, they have delivered on most things they have outright stated are coming (samurai buffs excepting but maybe they figured that they need more than just number changes which they have said a few times on the likes of orochi and kensei).

thornh
11-02-2017, 04:55 PM
A Bear and a Scorpion this time. Looks like, based on the weapons, the rumored Season 4 DLC is going to hold true with a Huntress and a Ronin.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 04:58 PM
A Bear and a Scorpion this time. Looks like, based on the weapons, the rumored Season 4 DLC is going to hold true with a Huntress and a Ronin.

I agree,just typed exactly that in first post lol. Goodness the splash looks pretty (helps I like green,this is my favourite yet)

thornh
11-02-2017, 05:01 PM
I agree,just typed exactly that in first post lol. Goodness the splash looks pretty (helps I like green,this is my favourite yet)

Looks like they're following seasonal color patterns. Season 2 was read and orange like late summer/fall. Season 3 was white/blue ice for winter. Now Season 4 is green like spring.

bmason1000
11-02-2017, 05:17 PM
So pumped for huntress. I think I'll actually unlock this one. I'm torn between wanting berserker 2.0 or someone...i don't know how to put it, inherantly patient, maybe? I'm thinking less combo oriented and more singular powerful strikes.

Euther way, very excited for the reveal.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 05:25 PM
My take on the trailer is in the top post, posting it here as well.

They had a brief look at the new heroes, aramusha and shaman. Tribute is coming as is ranked dominion. The maps arecalled market town and gauntlet.Market town has ziplines which allow for death from above shenanigans. the viking map is a dominion map, biggest viking map they have done. Equip 4 executions is confirmed for season 4. On the faction war map they are showing the three most interesting territories under siege.

bmason1000
11-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Shaman... Very intetesting. Okay. I won't be home for about 10 hours, can't wait to see the vids when i get out.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Shaman... Very intetesting. Okay. I won't be home for about 10 hours, can't wait to see the vids when i get out.

Apparently one of her finishers chainges if she has an opponent bleeding, she is a bleed/pressure kind of character with bleeds off of heavy cancels and lights after heavies like the peacekeeper. I am definitely getting her to rep one at least.

Devils-_-legacy
11-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Candel they said a they were working on light spam on console any chance that's coming in s4? Can't wait for ronin tho

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Candel they said a they were working on light spam on console any chance that's coming in s4? Can't wait for ronin tho

I only know what they say on the Den, so what you know I know lol.

S0Mi_xD
11-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Both new heroes sound like a good replacement for my berserker ^^.... just don't like the look of shaman... but she really sounds like a hero i would love to play.

Looks like with the 14th november will be my comeback.... (hate to say it) and my Berserker needs to step down one or two places :X ....

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Both new heroes sound like a good replacement for my berserker ^^.... just don't like the look of shaman... but she really sounds like a hero i would love to play.

Looks like with the 14th november will be my comeback.... (hate to say it) and my Berserker needs to step down one or two places :X ....

Shaman might just challenge my peacekeeper by the early look at her and how they described her playstyle. Gladiator looked to but tailed off so we will see lol.

S0Mi_xD
11-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Shaman might just challenge my peacekeeper by the early look at her and how they described her playstyle. Gladiator looked to but tailed off so we will see lol.

I know what you mean ^^
gladiator was my hope aswell, but the feeling was more like a valk instead of Berserker - - -
I just hope to get a hero which is similar to bersreker, in terms of fun and feeling... I like my berserker, but playing berserker over and over gets monoton after a time (especially with the problems this hero has)
To enjoy my berserker 100% again, i will wait until they show some revamps - and for actually 100% enjoy the game i need those damn def meta patches :'D
But both are still out of reach so my next hope are the new heroes. ^^'

In terms of optic it seems like shaman will be similar to berserker - abit poor :'D

The haramusha, looks cool and will have an infinite combo with different finisher, but will be a hybrid of a vanguard and a heavy .... i don't know about it ...
But we need still to wait 2 weeks :D

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 06:48 PM
I have 20minutes left to recap,I got behind with the powerpoints, grabbing something to eat with family then will finish that and post here when it is fully up.

Netcode_err_404
11-02-2017, 07:18 PM
imho adding more chars before having fixed the defensive meta is pure and simple BS.

How can these changes be good with all these UB spammers you are realising ?

Meh

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 07:23 PM
From me to you, one Den fully recapped.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 07:30 PM
I know what you mean ^^
gladiator was my hope aswell, but the feeling was more like a valk instead of Berserker - - -
I just hope to get a hero which is similar to bersreker, in terms of fun and feeling... I like my berserker, but playing berserker over and over gets monoton after a time (especially with the problems this hero has)
To enjoy my berserker 100% again, i will wait until they show some revamps - and for actually 100% enjoy the game i need those damn def meta patches :'D
But both are still out of reach so my next hope are the new heroes. ^^'

In terms of optic it seems like shaman will be similar to berserker - abit poor :'D

The haramusha, looks cool and will have an infinite combo with different finisher, but will be a hybrid of a vanguard and a heavy .... i don't know about it ...
But we need still to wait 2 weeks :D

I have five heroes in legendary gear, so I have variety but I like a few others and the description of the Shaman, she definitely sounds like someone I could play equal time with my Peacekeeper and maybe Nobushi who is currently my second while the others are there for if my team needs a particular role if, say, I see three assassins being selected.

RealJayDee1984
11-02-2017, 07:36 PM
First off, thanks, Candle, for providing this terrific service! :)

As for the content itself... two more genderlocked heroes, and one more really cool sounding map I might rarely see in full due to it not being Dominion-able? Hurm. We'll see.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 08:00 PM
First off, thanks, Candle, for providing this terrific service! :)

As for the content itself... two more genderlocked heroes, and one more really cool sounding map I might rarely see in full due to it not being Dominion-able? Hurm. We'll see.

Very welcome :)

I kind of see why some aren't fit for dominion, I had kind of kicked up a fuss over viking village but they do have very definite genres of map, arena maps (the ones with set areas for capture points) and wasteland maps which generally have a lot more narrow alley type areas for skirmish and such which would need a big edit to fit in the minion zone and capture points. I will likely see the market place more than I saw the viking village this season because I want to give tribute a good go though yeah dominion is my main mode also.

Vakris_One
11-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Thanks again for the write up Candle. I've only seen the two trailers so far. I really like that we're getting the ability to use 4 executions, adds a bit of variety.

The two new heroes look interesting I really hope they did a good job on balancing them both. I would be a bit dissapointed if either one of them ends up as either the new cancer meta or a fun novelty but ultimately kind of a disadvantaged hero like the Highlander. Hopefully they're both going to be viable against most of the existing roster AND fun to play.

I'm sad to see the funky Halloween music and the super powered skeletors go though :(

RealJayDee1984
11-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Very welcome :)

I kind of see why some aren't fit for dominion, I had kind of kicked up a fuss over viking village but they do have very definite genres of map, arena maps (the ones with set areas for capture points) and wasteland maps which generally have a lot more narrow alley type areas for skirmish and such which would need a big edit to fit in the minion zone and capture points. I will likely see the market place more than I saw the viking village this season because I want to give tribute a good go though yeah dominion is my main mode also.

Dang it, I legit ignored the new mode. So yeah, that's probably going to help bring the non-Dominion maps in the shuffle. Still I feel that all newly created maps should be fit for Dominion. I really like Viking Village, but I've seen it in its entirety probably less than ten times since it was included. Maybe S2 with Forge and Temple Garden spoilt me.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 08:27 PM
I have seen the select screen for both of the new heroes on the For Honor discord. We have

Aramusha (I was close >.>)
Hybrid - medium
Fast attacks, feints, counter attacks

Shaman
Assassin - medium
Predatory, fast attacker, blood trance.

D-d0g56
11-02-2017, 08:52 PM
imho adding more chars before having fixed the defensive meta is pure and simple BS.

How can these changes be good with all these UB spammers you are realising ?

Meh

Yes, because reasigning staff from the art department to work on coding is totally gonna fix def meta quickly. Can't wait to see how their knowledge in CAD design will be put to use to better implement class libraries.

Why do so many people insist that if one game element is a priority, then all other development should be halted. I suppose sending game testers to networking will implement dedicated servers faster too.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Yes, because reasigning staff from the art department to work on coding is totally gonna fix def meta quickly. Can't wait to see how their knowledge in CAD design will be put to use to better implement class libraries.

Why do so many people insist that if one game element is a priority, then all other development should be halted. I suppose sending game testers to networking will implement dedicated servers faster too.

Very good points and also this, they sold the season passes on the promise of two new heroes at set times, so pretty much that's something they have to deliver now. Especially given that judging by season three's first week, there are plenty who bought it at the start or since still around, I saw many gladiators and highlanders before they were open to all.

Knight_Raime
11-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Both heros sound pretty promising. Though i'll have to wait and see the full move sets. Hero design has been getting better and better with each season.
I'm really loving that there was a lot of wording in there about plans beyond season 4. This makes me really happy. I'll absolutely plop down another 30$ or more to buy another season of heros.
The out of stamina changes seem good. Means more potential for the person OOS to attempt a parry since combos won't be interrupted period via blocking.
I am curious though if the critical HP regen is only gone during OOS or if it's just gone entirely. The way you having things worded it sounds like it could be either or.
that navigation speed thing sounds confusing to me.
Being able to GB someone mid roll while they are OOS is another nice change I didn't think about.

I hope the parry changes come in this season. Their talk on timesnap...does that mean they're re enabling it and it's going to take time to test and what not? Or are they just calling their new lag comp system they've been working on timesnap 2.0? Seems like the pecking order in terms of things coming over the next few months is: new heros, OOS/some fight mechanic changes, rest of the defensive meta changes, hero reworks/dedis.

Overall this was probably the most informative devstream in awhile. i'm excited for this game again.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Both heros sound pretty promising. Though i'll have to wait and see the full move sets. Hero design has been getting better and better with each season.
I'm really loving that there was a lot of wording in there about plans beyond season 4. This makes me really happy. I'll absolutely plop down another 30$ or more to buy another season of heros.
The out of stamina changes seem good. Means more potential for the person OOS to attempt a parry since combos won't be interrupted period via blocking.
I am curious though if the critical HP regen is only gone during OOS or if it's just gone entirely. The way you having things worded it sounds like it could be either or.
that navigation speed thing sounds confusing to me.
Being able to GB someone mid roll while they are OOS is another nice change I didn't think about.

I hope the parry changes come in this season. Their talk on timesnap...does that mean they're re enabling it and it's going to take time to test and what not? Or are they just calling their new lag comp system they've been working on timesnap 2.0? Seems like the pecking order in terms of things coming over the next few months is: new heros, OOS/some fight mechanic changes, rest of the defensive meta changes, hero reworks/dedis.

Overall this was probably the most informative devstream in awhile. i'm excited for this game again.

As far as I heard it, critical hp regen is gone all together. Navigation speed, I think this was the bug where unlocking could get someone away from battle quicker. They said timesnap, I suspect they meant lag compensation.

As you say I would certainly put down more for another season pass, I believe they are going in the right direction over time.

Knight_Raime
11-02-2017, 09:24 PM
As far as I heard it, critical hp regen is gone all together. Navigation speed, I think this was the bug where unlocking could get someone away from battle quicker. They said timesnap, I suspect they meant lag compensation.

As you say I would certainly put down more for another season pass, I believe they are going in the right direction over time.

well it looks like people got what they wanted then. I am indifferent on chip being able to kill.
oh alright.
Ok I was about to say aha.
do you know if the GB while rolling is just a thing whenever or is it OOS? cause if it's whenever that makes warden super strong again.

CandleInTheDark
11-02-2017, 09:26 PM
well it looks like people got what they wanted then. I am indifferent on chip being able to kill.
oh alright.
Ok I was about to say aha.
do you know if the GB while rolling is just a thing whenever or is it OOS? cause if it's whenever that makes warden super strong again.

I believe it is whenever, the light chains and lights having chip was all they speciically said about out of stamina.

Moondyne_MC
11-02-2017, 11:30 PM
Woo! Both new heroes look excellent, been super excited for Ronin (sorry, Aramusha) for some time now, but god DAMN Shaman looks cool!

Anyone got a decent translation for Aramusha? Google is telling me it means "rowdy" or "daredevil" which frankly sounds a little goofy for Raiden with two swords.

Vakris_One
11-03-2017, 03:55 AM
The Faction War changes all sound like a big improvement. I'm not digging allowing GB on a roll to be honest. It unfairly favours Warden and Kensei who both have forward dash-type GB moves.

Sneaky-Patches
11-03-2017, 05:01 AM
Nice, this sounds like a fantastic patch. (Hopefully they can do something about lag compensation soon, but I understand the person in charge of that was sick or out of work for a bit)

Maps look 11/10 as always, and an interesting new mechanic aswell. New heroes look 10/10. Only ones I’ve wanted to try since I picked up shinobi, and I want to try both of them! Any word on when the “season heroes” will get the new armor sets?

So many solid QOL changes in here, no health regent in last segment, quad executions! FINALLY can disable traps THANK YOU.. everybody knows traps are gay. Not a fan of the GB mid roll though, that was just a decent tool to reposition during a gank, I have not seen it abused in 1v1 or anything, so I’m not sure what the incentive here is...

Not to blow to much smoke up their asses, but the devs need a serious round of applause, clearly working hard and listening to the community, this game is getting better every month.

stormbyte13
11-03-2017, 06:35 AM
I'm really disapointed with the Shaman. I was hoping since the Knights got two Romans we would get two Scots, with the new one duel wielding a basket hilted broadsword and a dirk.

Tyrjo
11-03-2017, 08:19 AM
What qualifies as a newcomer? Max rep 10?

Vakris_One
11-03-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm really disapointed with the Shaman. I was hoping since the Knights got two Romans we would get two Scots, with the new one duel wielding a basket hilted broadsword and a dirk.
I think the Shaman could pass for a Celtic lass. Depending on the different armour sets and faces, maybe some of them give her blue tatoos and you'd pretty much a Celtic looking warrior woman:

http://data.whicdn.com/images/27922725/original.jpg

Archo-Vax
11-04-2017, 03:24 AM
Might we get the option to change the color of the effect on the Masks? I WOULD buy the Mask for my Shugoki, but I'm not a fan of blue.

CandleInTheDark
11-04-2017, 03:28 AM
FINALLY can disable traps THANK YOU

That can't come soon enough for me. Just dealt with a couple of trap users on the sentinel, the rest of the team were dying attacking the other two in a zone one at a time but every time I went to try for the other zone to at least keep them from boosting it I ran through something that took my stamina and that was right in front of a beartrap, same place at both entrances to the zone every time.

berserker7331
11-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Might we get the option to change the color of the effect on the Masks? I WOULD buy the Mask for my Shugoki, but I'm not a fan of blue.

Next time i also hope we get something better than ape skull masks with the knights as well. A knight has to be bad ***!!!! Not looking like this: http://www.skullsunlimited.com/userfiles/image/category5_species_1386_large_3.jpg

Knights are humans, Ashfeld is not planet of the Apes

Pain-Seeker
11-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Is there going to be a warriors den on 9.11. or only stream two days later ?

CandleInTheDark
11-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Is there going to be a warriors den on 9.11. or only stream two days later ?

The way they have done it in the past is Dens take place as normal, the launch stream is extra.

Witchge8
11-06-2017, 12:28 PM
this game should be revolving around parry timing mind games. don't midget parry punish and eliminate any need for parrying. stop trying to compare this game to other fighting games in the past from 2D era , which comes to rhythmically inputting memorised button sequence while juggling your opponent while he cant do ****. and yeah make a barbarian like conan for the vikings, same like warden only no clothes. put in some natives - indians and some arabic warriors, all in year two

Devils-_-legacy
11-06-2017, 07:20 PM
this game should be revolving around parry timing mind games. don't midget parry punish and eliminate any need for parrying. stop trying to compare this game to other fighting games in the past from 2D era , which comes to rhythmically inputting memorised button sequence while juggling your opponent while he cant do ****. and yeah make a barbarian like conan for the vikings, same like warden only no clothes. put in some natives - indians and some arabic warriors, all in year two

We're is the mind games in parry. When you parry you get a free gb heavy that's way over powered I've got to the point were I'm deflecting instead of parrying it's just become to easy to win that way 2/3 parry in a row there dead (depending on health pool and gear score)