PDA

View Full Version : Which period would you like to see in Assassin's Creed?

WackyRage
11-02-2017, 01:46 AM
I love assassin's creed and i'm always happy when a new one is released.
I also love history and wonder what assassin's creed would look like in my favorite time periode.
What i would love to see would be two actually;
-> the periode of samurai and ninja's in japan.
-> the periode of vikkings, when they attacked england and france or before that, when they fought mostly among themselves.

which time periodes would you love te see?

AstroWare1207
11-02-2017, 10:20 PM
We need a civil war assassins creed plzzzzzzzzzz ubisoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! like choose if ur vs north or south

cr100his
11-06-2017, 05:02 AM
I continue to say my suggestion, which is to make an assassin believe in the Scotland occupied by the English, and the era where it would be annoyed would be in the time of William Wallace, because the argument that characterizes the saga of Assassin Creed, is that of a people oppressed by corrupt leaders, tyrants and powerful, and another suggestion if you were to do this anientation in Scotland make a moving story that shows the heroism of the children of Scotland who said no to the tyranny of the English, it is only a suggestion and I would like a lot

D4V3-TAYLER
11-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Tbh after the premise set by Origins historically and trying to keep in mind the story we have so far, I honestly don't know. I just hope for a more intriguing story that focuses more on the politics between the assassins and Templars and how the first civ tie in. Hmmmm I reckon that Viking idea would be interesting as they'd be pillaging different locations and maybe even come across first civ artifacts. I'd be interested in seeing them fully approach guns. World wars are out of question considering it was a fully orchestrated by the Templars, tho it'd be interesting to see what the assassins were doing during that time. I reckon post World War Two, even Cold War would be cool. A lot of globe trotting with the multiple proxy wars that were being held, and it wouldn't even be a binary conflict, the assassins would be a third party of the war that no one knew about??

Lol realise I was writing down plot ideas rather than settings. I guess if it had to be anywhere I'd pick Persia/Ottoman empire lol why not (been thinking about prince of Persia a lot lately), I know where already seen a bit of it in Revelations, but what about the entire Byzantine empire, just as Constatine made Christianity the state religion and the demise of the Roman Empire. We'd also get to see a massive revamped Istanbul.

TazHazNoFriends
11-17-2017, 04:09 AM
Now that we have an Animus that doesn't require a blood line to relive genetic memory I'd like to see them continue from ACO and see the framework of the order be turned into a full incarnation of the order. It has a AC Brotherhood feel to it but I think that could actually strengthen the story cause this timeframe is perfect.

Cpt_Blondebeard
11-26-2017, 07:22 AM
I like the idea of one incorporating vikings and think they could incorporate them in well if the game takes place in Paris when the vikings attack it in 845.

flrasi1983
11-28-2017, 11:58 PM
I would like to see the next chapter of A.C. take place during the Mayan Indian era

PertTie772
12-02-2017, 08:24 AM
I think Palestine would be an awesome setting from ww1-1948. You could see how Jewish settlers arrived and the Ottoman empire was defeated establishing British rule under the Mandate system by the League of Nations. Meanwhile tensions between Arabs and Jewish immigrants would result in riots and the Arab uprising of 1936-39 against the British and the formation of Jewish paramilitary groups like the Palmach, Stern gang, Haganah, Lehi and Irgun to battle the Nazis during the holocaust in ww2.
This would see players coming into contact with future Israeli leaders like Menachem Begin, Yitzhak Shamir and David Ben Gurion as well as martial arts instructors like Imi Lichtenafeld who would teach the new hand to hand combat systems of Kapap and Krav Maga to players making the hand to hand combat more brutal than ever with anything available to hand becoming a weapon from knives all the way to bricks. Eventually the Jews will grow frustrated with British rule and wage covert warfare against them turning the situation into a Vietnam like quagmire until the UN is given responsibility for the creation of a seperate Jewish and Arab state which will lead to the Declaration of Independence and brief war with Egypt, Syria and Jordan in 1948 in response to the formation new state of Israel.
The missions against the British will involve missions for the groups mentioned above created to defend Jewish settlers and fight the Nazis having different commando missions for the player from rescuing prisoners from British camps and prisons, killing or capturing targets, demolition, acting as bodyguards for Jewish Generals and finding double agents or moles.
The range of weapons will be extremely diverse encompassing small arms mainly from the UK the rest of the Allies from ww2, the Axis forces and Germany while missions be the most dangerous yet as the British will have new unconventional elite units like the SAS, Royal Marine Commandos, Parachute regiment and SBS to contend with during and after WW2 who will be experts in the martial arts style Defendu thanks to legendary instructor William E Fairbairn and will be on the hunt for you As Despite Kwh. The Nazis will be equally dangerous running extermination camps where Holocaust victims must be freed and recruited as partisans against the deadly and vicious Waffen SS while encountering figures like Erwin Rommel, Heinrich Himmler, Reinhardt Heydrich and Herman Goering as villains while receiving the support of the USA under President Harry Truman to achieve independence.

StormsAndSaints
12-03-2017, 01:26 AM
Greek Persian wars.

DonFandango123
12-03-2017, 10:36 AM
I'd really like to see a game in the cities of Edinburgh, Glasgow and the highlands during the Jacobite rebellion or a game set in cities like Seville and Lisbon during the age of discovery.

Russia during the reign of Peter the Great or Prague during the reign of Rudolf the second would be interesting as well given is obsession with alchemy which could be used as a plot device (he could have a piece of eden and is requesting alchemists from all over Europe settle in Prague to study it).

The most important factor in an Assassin's creed game for me personally has always been the location so I'd love to visit these locations purely for the beautiful backdrop they would give the game.

TheCreatorMatt
12-03-2017, 08:58 PM
I know we can come up with ideas all day on what NEW time period to set the series, but I wouldn't mind seeing it revisit some eras. To be honest I would like to see it return to the crusades or I would really like a Thomas de Carneillon & Jacques de Molay story! The "falling" of the Templar order.

Vonzilar
12-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Hi, very first post. Don't destroy me please.
A game about Darius who killed King Xerxes I of Persia. Obviously, this would be a "proto-assassin" game since we already have the "origins" of the order in the current game, but exploring this alongside the roots of Gilgamesh and Babylonian mythology would be interesting. (there is a weapon in Assasin's creed that makes reference to the Epic of Gilgamesh)

Going way earlier, the time of cro magnon man first coming into Europe, humans vs. the neanderthals who were created as a military force by the Isu. Maybe the protagonist could be a human/ neanderthal hybrid. Not a lot of buildings to around at that time obviously, but you could solve this by having lots of wooded areas/ cliff dwellings or maybe even Isu ruins overrun by primitive humans

Ireland in the 1880s. lots of nationalist factions. Ancient sites around the countryside have could have Isu ruins buried beneath that have come to be seen by locals as the remnants of the seelie (fairies).

Corleone-Kun
12-05-2017, 02:13 AM
I just want Japan so blady. Prefereble the Sengoku era (warring states) . Maybe Nobunaga found an Apple,he doesn't even have to be a templar,maybe he stumbles onto a apple of eden or something. It could cover Nobunaga,Hideoyoshi and Tokugawa period (also,in canon we know he is a friend of the assaassins). Or it could be even earlier, The time of Kiomori and Yo****sune (I forgot the name of the period) .

Also I wish there was more modern parkour sections like in AC3 (climbing the tower for example).

Iltani's and Alexander history would be great too. My final pitch is a game set in China (a proper one this time) in the 3 kingdons era,maybe starting with the yellow turban rebellion . (yes I play a lot of koei's musou games)

lukedabrasil
12-05-2017, 06:37 PM
I agree with this 100%. Sengoku would be perfect for assassin's creed. Imagine working under Nobunaga as an assassin/ ninja, the tension between Leyasu and Saru as well. The customization, combat and world will be a sight to see for sure.

ASAP_R3wired_Xx
12-06-2017, 06:07 AM
[QUOTE=WackyRage;13061615]I love assassin's creed and i'm always happy when a new one is released.
I also love history and wonder what assassin's creed would look like in my favorite time periode.
What i would love to see would be two actually;
-> the periode of samurai and ninja's in japan.
-> the periode of vikkings, when they attacked england and france or before that, when they fought mostly among themselves.

which time periodes would you love te see?
PERIOD OF SAMURAI AND NINJAS IN TOKYO JAPAN

Simmer83
12-12-2017, 11:48 AM
What about the Dutch Golden Age?

I think it would be very cool to visit 17th century Amsterdam, a century we didn't explore yet.
At the time Dutch trade, science, military and art were among the most acclaimed in the world.
The Dutch were a force on the sea so we can implement sea battles like we saw in in Black Flag.

RyuTheRonin
01-10-2018, 02:31 AM
Would not mind seeing it in the Feudal Era of Japan or the Meiji Restorations Era. Spanish Inquisition era would be a good one. While most don't think it would work. I would like to see it set in the events of World War 2. The 11 years war would also be something entertaining. Also, would not mind seeing Altair get a sequel. Would like to see the events unfold. Or see Connors or even Shay's stories get a sequel.

irishfan3779
01-13-2018, 05:54 PM
How about an AC game set in Germany? Germany has a lot of interesting history. Would be neat to see that.

benroveno
01-14-2018, 02:48 PM
Probably the Roman period would be nice to see in the next Assassins Creed...

Hoy_05
01-18-2018, 04:10 AM
The times of the Thirty Years War would be interesting, though thinking about it I don't really like the idea that all these historical characters from this era would be pressed into this Templar/Assassins formula.

amicus83
01-20-2018, 08:38 AM
Great Britiain, I really hope they do this. Kingdoms, massive sprawling landscapes, forests, castles. It would be a darker game, perhaps exploring the dark/Middle Ages.
Instead of open deserts with sandstorms, they could simulate heavy rain coming down across the open meadows, muddy paths in forests. Sunlight breaking through huge forests.

KilreaQuigg
01-21-2018, 03:45 AM
Based in the whole of Ireland, leading to the events leading to the events of the irish people taking over the general post office in dublin, revolting against the british occupation of Ireland, the year would be 1916 I think that would be awesome!

RinoTheBouncer
01-22-2018, 12:24 AM
Sumerian or Babylonian.

MowMowsGirl
01-23-2018, 11:18 PM
Ancient Welsh or Celtic. You could add in some King Arthur stuff etc. Look up Prince Madoc and the White Indians book also. Lots of history, and even adds in a little bit of Viking history, which would also make a great one.

VagueBond999
01-24-2018, 05:35 AM
I would like a russian assasin creed maybe in the russia revolution some people will dissagree and some not but hey its my personal sugestion

R_blackflamez_K
01-25-2018, 03:15 PM
At first I started thinking about the dutch golden age, which has been mentioned before in this forum post. roughly panning out through the 17th century with lots of developments in science, military and some architectural revolutions, as well as dealing with Japan and the 8 year war with the spanish etc. (also added a link for those interested.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Golden_Age

Then I imagined how the templars tried to gain control and order of the people in Russia, Communism and some historical figures like Lenin, Stalin and Marx seem to work flawlessly in this story. I've added a wikipedia link for those who are interested in seeing what happened during this period. I feel alot can be done here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism_in_Russia

ArmanYeghoyan
01-29-2018, 04:49 PM
I want to see The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan.I guess this is the only time period that can really impress me after Ptolemaic Egypt :o :rolleyes:

kbre1033
03-29-2018, 09:45 PM
Good questions and comments. I for one, would like to see a civil war version of Assassins Creed,n not sure how much content could be included since the way was only 4yrs long but it would include some iconic figures (ie abraham lincoln). I would also think it would be interesting to have something more modern, like Korean and/or Vietnam wars.

Dicehunter
03-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Feudal Japan around 1100.

MageAquarius20
04-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Just finish Bayek´s story and move on to either China or Japan for Precursor sites.

JamesFaith007
04-03-2018, 12:49 AM
1. Siam - (1855 - 1960)
2. Benin - 16th century
3. Venezuela - early 19th century

kasdec
06-03-2018, 02:52 AM
why not start in the mayan era with more puzzles and develop it from there to discover portals that transport you to new worlds telling of how other races visited us in the past,journey into space,the other worlds would be endless aswell as story lines, portal from planet to planet with untold creatures and beings, some futuristic some not so... discover who made there technology which in someways still surpasses ours today. where did it come from etc... just a thought, or the games all have the same feeling just in diff countries and times, make if futuristic, you can make it endless with all the different types of planets, some with spaceships for space travel, as said,some with portals to venture to other worlds, some just backwards etc, just a thought

cawatrooper9
06-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Hey guys,

Speculating on settings is a ton of fun- definitely highlights this series's strengths and potential.

I really like the idea of multiple settings too, kasdec. Sounds like a wild ride.

I'd definitely suggest sharing your thoughts in our setting speculation thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1859672-Speculation-and-Rumors-on-the-Next-Setting/page12#post13516868).

Thanks!