PDA

View Full Version : Is VMprotect ruining the performance ?

Creaturve
10-31-2017, 03:52 PM
"Basically, Ubisoft have implemented VMProtect on top of Denuvo, tanking the game's performance by 30-40 per cent, demanding that people have a more expensive CPU to play the game properly, only because of the DRM. It's anti-consumer and a disgusting move,"

I understand that Ubi wants to protect the game from pirates, but when it gets to the point that the customers need to suffer because we need brand new CPUS to run your VMprotect while playing because it tanks ''30-40%'' of the games performance, then we've got problems.

Honestly if this turns out to be true, will the only fix for this be to crack a game i've already purchased to get rid of this performance chugging program ?

jmcc84
10-31-2017, 05:05 PM
Yes it is. It is a anti-consumer move from Ubisoft, unfortunately. They won't let pirates get the game for free even if it costs performance for people who acquired the game legally.

CaptainGigaX
10-31-2017, 06:45 PM
Yes it is. It is a anti-consumer move from Ubisoft, unfortunately. They won't let pirates get the game for free even if it costs performance for people who acquired the game legally.

Correlation does not equal Causation.
People need to remember that.
Just because it has DRM, does not mean that DRM is the cause or the sole cause of the CPU and Performance issues.
People are looking for something to blame and this is lowest hanging fruit.

Silencer-UK
10-31-2017, 07:12 PM
Honestly if this turns out to be true, will the only fix for this be to crack a game i've already purchased to get rid of this performance chugging program ?

No, a crack only circumvents the DRM for this to be fixed properly then it would require UBISOFT to remove it with a patch.

popsilie1960
11-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Yes, its caused by VMProtect running over denuvo antipirate system which is demanding an extra 30% - 40% of charge at our cpus.

RoyLaPoutre42
11-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Correlation does not equal Causation.
People need to remember that.
Just because it has DRM, does not mean that DRM is the cause or the sole cause of the CPU and Performance issues.
People are looking for something to blame and this is lowest hanging fruit.

If the rumors of the use of VMProtect are true, it's terrible. It's not a simple DRM, this anti-piracy software basically makes the game runs on a fricking virtual machine. This is extremely heavy for basically any CPU. It would explain why all consumer's CPUs are running capped at 100% no matter the graphical settings. I don't think it's normal that my 1080 Ti + i7 4790k @4.8GHz combo is struggling and gives me stutters from time to time just because the CPU is capped due to a ridiculous anti-piracy software.

My hope is that Ubisoft will just keep this running the first few weeks after release to protect as much sales as possible and then patch it, because they can't just cripple performance for everyone just for anti-piracy sake, it's not acceptable.

dduttonnc
08-22-2018, 07:22 AM
Some of you might try opening up taskmanager, once the game is running, go to the details tab, right click the ACO process, and set the priority to HIGH.. this way if there is anything in the background, the game gets TOP priority

ChasUGC1
08-23-2018, 02:26 AM
Some of you might try opening up taskmanager, once the game is running, go to the details tab, right click the ACO process, and set the priority to HIGH.. this way if there is anything in the background, the game gets TOP priority

There are no such things on a XBOX console. I believe you are talking about a PC. And, this is the XBOX thread. I have no problem with game performance anyway on my XBOX One S. I can be in intense battles against 10 guards, and I have no lag.