PDA

View Full Version : Unable to start the finally mission, minor spoilers

Dragonkin7
10-31-2017, 06:30 AM
After I got back into the Animus to start the final mission the game crashed. When I came back in I had to get back in the Animus again and I see the final mission in my quest list but I'm unable to to start it since it's for Aya and not Bayek. I have tried reloading the quest, leaving the Animus and loading back in, but nothing has worked.

I don't want to have to restart the entire game just so I can do the last mission after I put in over thirty hours into it.

Also I am playing on PS4.

K4vKazec
10-31-2017, 11:15 AM
Haha dude you are in bad luck. I got exactly the same problem. I have even done most of the side missions aswell. There are only couple of them left. Ubi support told me to start a new save file as of now because they dont know how to fix their broken game!!

US_Chrono
11-01-2017, 06:58 AM
Omfg the game just crashed on my last ****ing mission, and im stuck too =(

C.t.Elder
11-02-2017, 11:38 AM
After the quest item "Talk to Aya one last time" and getting booted to modern day, I got back into the Animus, at which point the game crashed. After trying to restart it and getting two more crashes (upon launch, not even trying to load the save), I restarted the console and finally got the game to work.

The game loaded me back as Layla, and when I went to the Animus again, the load went through, but instead of picking up in Alexandria where it left off, I got ported about halfway south the map (to one of the islands in the Nile delta, not sure which). The ending quest "Fall of an Empire, Rise of Another" is unaccessible. It has listed no quest rewards, no tasks. When I pick it for tracking, it doesn't point me anywhere.

I tried looking for Aya, since every guide mentions I should talk to her to start it, but she is nowhere to be found. Not on the beach from the previous objective, not in the burrow.
I tried restarting quest objective, doesn't work. I tried getting to present day and back, doesn't work. I tried doing another quest, but it doesn't work.

My game is stuck unfinishable, and I'm sure as hell not grinding through 35 levels again just to risk this very thing happening again. "Start a new save file" is definitely not happening, and if the expacs require finishing main campaign, I'll just ask for a refund.

Ubi-Keo
11-02-2017, 01:06 PM
I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue.

Could you please provide some further information:

. What platform you are playing the game on
. What level your character is
. What was the last quest you did before the crash occured

C.t.Elder
11-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Thanks for taking not of this, Keo, it's very much appreciated.

Crash occurs in the transition between "Last of the Medjay" and "Fall of an Empire, Rise of Another", specifically in the loading screen between the mandatory modern day section and return to Egypt. I assume that's when the game is supposed to load Aya for the epilogue, but after resurrecting from the crash, it loads Bayek instead, and he can't complete what isn't his storyline.

Playing on PS4 Pro, sent crash reports when prompted to do so. Level 34.
Other oddities and specs that come to mind: playing with non-default outfit and with hair/beard turned on. I noticed the game seems to have issue with the latter a lot.

Ubi-Keo
11-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Thanks for taking not of this, Keo, it's very much appreciated.

Crash occurs in the transition between "Last of the Medjay" and "Fall of an Empire, Rise of Another", specifically in the loading screen between the mandatory modern day section and return to Egypt. I assume that's when the game is supposed to load Aya for the epilogue, but after resurrecting from the crash, it loads Bayek instead, and he can't complete what isn't his storyline.

Playing on PS4 Pro, sent crash reports when prompted to do so. Level 34.
Other oddities and specs that come to mind: playing with non-default outfit and with hair/beard turned on. I noticed the game seems to have issue with the latter a lot.

Thanks for the information provided. Also there was a patch update released today, can you confirm if this issue occurred before or after the patch update?

C.t.Elder
11-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the information provided. Also there was a patch update released today, can you confirm if this issue occurred before or after the patch update?

Crash occured just shortly before the patch, with version 1.02. Installing the patch unfortunately did not fix it.

Ubi-Keo
11-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Crash occured just shortly before the patch, with version 1.02. Installing the patch unfortunately did not fix it.

Thanks for confirming this. I have passed this on to the Assassin's Creed Origins team to investigate further.

brewbak
11-02-2017, 04:53 PM
I have the same problem. Playing on PS4, level 34. The game got an error during cutscene with layla getting back into the animus. I have the "Fall of an empire, rise of another" quest, but as Bayek.

RaxRock
11-03-2017, 05:50 AM
Same problem in my PS4 pro and can’t reload mission ..hopefully Ubisoft Team will fix it soon

BobablosRex
11-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Same thing for me on the ps4 level 35 and it crashed when loading into the animus from the real world after talking to William.

ansonlam1027
11-03-2017, 09:07 AM
40lv and full gears after finish all side quests. But I can’t start the final mission of Aya after crash like other reply. I hop you guys can find our problem and fix it ASAP.

I Brought the season pass already. And I really looking forward for the DLC.

Ubi-Rufus
11-03-2017, 11:46 AM
Are you all still having the same issue since yesterdays patch?

C.t.Elder
11-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Are you all still having the same issue since yesterdays patch?

Installing the patch unfortunately did not fix it.

Yes. No change whatsoever. I tried crawling through another level and exit/enter the Animus, both after the patch, but to no avail.

RaxRock
11-03-2017, 12:12 PM
And new update didn’t fix anything

RoseRaven1
11-03-2017, 05:26 PM
I also got the same problem. I play on a regular ps4 I'm not sure if the same problem is for the other servers but, I'm on the EU server. At the time I was lvl 34 now I'm lvl 40.
The latest patch did something though the loading scene did last longer from loading back into the Animus then before. But still I can't access the final mission.

Jobkung
11-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Same problem in PS4

DannyVincent91
11-04-2017, 04:54 PM
I am also getting this problem I was really enjoying the game until I couldn’t finish the last mission....and now am starting to regret paying £120 to get all the goodies with it

meto_03
11-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Same problem here with PC

maxiromain2
11-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Did the last update solved it for you ? It didnt fix it for me i'm on ps4...

maxiromain2
11-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Did the last update solved it for you ? It didnt fix it for me i'm on ps4...
Im talking of the 1.04

M4ggi0794
11-06-2017, 10:05 AM
nope... new update didn't fix anything.. :mad:

C.t.Elder
11-06-2017, 10:54 AM
So, any particular reason this isn't in the list of known bugs? From what we've been told, I'd call this a pretty known bug.

Capatanosu
11-06-2017, 11:25 AM
I have the same problem on PS4 ...

Made a new save , progress in main quest chain....still crash before " Fall of an empire , rise of another "

C.t.Elder
11-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Report on patch 1.04 - solved piddle all, problem is still there. Tried restarting quest checkpoint again, even exit/enter animus, but I'm still stuck with an unfinishable final quest.

I have the same problem on PS4 ...
Made a new save , progress in main quest chain....still crash before " Fall of an empire , rise of another "

So, our copies are basically useless until this gets patched, new game or no. Whee. :/

RoseRaven1
11-07-2017, 02:26 AM
still nothing after patch 1.04 my friend did finish the main story and he also has a regular ps4 I don't know what the problem is.
Why does his copy work and mine not.

brikk28
11-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Thanks for confirming this. I have passed this on to the Assassin's Creed Origins team to investigate further.
Myn hapnd on version 1.03. I'm not being a **** on purpose but uni needs to sort this out. It's almost like they hyper focused on dropping all this other stuff(trials of the Gods n outfit packs) they forgetting people NEED to beat the game. C'mon ubi. U trying to sour this amazing game for me.

brikk28
11-07-2017, 02:47 PM

Report on patch 1.04 - solved piddle all, problem is still there. Tried restarting quest checkpoint again, even exit/enter animus, but I'm still stuck with an unfinishable final quest.

So, our copies are basically useless until this gets patched, new game or no. Whee. :/
I don't really wanna believe this.i bin sat here hoping if I get home tonight I could finally beat the game n play trials of the Gods. Just knowing I can't beat the final mission because of a bug is absolutely ridiculous

brikk28
11-07-2017, 02:49 PM
I'm 57hrs in. There's no way I'm starting over. FIX THIS BUG FOR GOD'S SAKE

ansonlam1027
11-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Come on. Why the bug keep no show In the update list. I am really excited for 1.04. But still cannot fix the problem about us. Can anyone tell me when can Ubisoft team fix the problem?
Or our peoblem cannot be fixed? Can anyone official guys tell me?

US_Chrono
11-08-2017, 11:52 PM
yeah, 11/08 im still stuck on the last mission, OMG!!!!! my ****ING GAME CRASHED ON ANIMUS, and i cant finish!

Watanabe1972
11-09-2017, 04:29 AM
Sadly as they seem to be running the game, which is odd considering their previous game histories concerning bugs, with only one savegame file. So if your game bugs out at the wrong time it corrupts the single savegame and you`re dead- no other option than starting a new save.
Just had a crash in doing ambush at sea on my way to doing the final missions and now i have to start over after 60+ hours. That is the final drop for me, last ever Ubisoft game for me

C.t.Elder
11-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Single savefile is not the problem. AC always had a single savefile, all the way back to the first game. This comes from the key parts of the game (story missions) not being instanced, which was a pisspoor decision ("Hey, we'll make it so you can't replay your favorite parts without starting over AND can potentially get stuck forever! You'll love that, right?").

Seriously, can some of the mods comment on the progress here? Why is the bug not in the known issues, what's going on? It's now almost 2 weeks since release and we are still stuck with a useless unfinishable game, where even starting over isn't guaranteed to let us finish it – I've been down this road with your Child of Light - single save got irreversibly corrupted 3 times in a row, at which point I said sod it and never came back to it. Unlike Child of Light, this isn't a game for 15€, so I'm not planning to let this slide and will demand a refund for both the now-useless season pass as well as the main game.

RaxRock
11-13-2017, 09:24 AM
comment on the progress PLEASE

grand_bleu
11-13-2017, 12:55 PM
I am playing in Japan, but it is in the same state.
Even if I report it to UBI, I have no answer!
I want you to do something bad.
Posting the situation on youtube will not answer anything!

Capatanosu
11-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Ubisoft style....Hit & Run

grand_bleu
11-14-2017, 09:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0L3rZ5_b8&t=11s
please check ubi

BobablosRex
11-14-2017, 03:35 PM
https://youtu.be/AVjv_8vj42w
That's a video where I try multiply ways to fix it and it's was from 2 weeks ago so there has been video up talking about this bug Ubisoft needs to try to fix this or at least respond to us and compensate us at this point it's stupid if we have to restart but if we do we should at least get something cause they can't release a game without a game breaking bug

RaxRock
11-14-2017, 05:54 PM
I was downloading ACO from PlayStation store “Gold Edition” to PS4 pro..does everyone have same or problem is just whit gold edition ?

grand_bleu
11-15-2017, 08:57 AM
I was downloading ACO from PlayStation store “Gold Edition” to PS4 pro..does everyone have same or problem is just whit gold edition ?

No, I am a normal version.
It is not a download version but a package version.

Red-Cold
11-16-2017, 03:00 PM
I have the same problem on PC, I didn't even have a crash though - I got to the current timeline, went back into the animus, had the animation for her entering the animus and directly after the one where she leaves it. And I'm like "What?". I walked around, interacted with some things because I thought I must've forgotten something and as I interact with the chocolate bar I suddenly get the loading screen for entering the animus. Then I'm Bayek with no way of completing the quest. Tried everything.

BobablosRex
11-16-2017, 04:03 PM
The newest patch may have finally fixed it thanks goodness I have to work before I can check so please let me know if it does!

brewbak
11-16-2017, 04:43 PM
The new patch worked it out for me. The main quest was gone from the quest list. After a minute or two, the load screen began. Then I was out of the animus, jumped right back in, and then the final mission began. So glad they fixed it, but this bug tok way too long to fix.

RaxRock
11-16-2017, 08:48 PM
The new patch worked it out for me. The main quest was gone from the quest list. After a minute or two, the load screen began. Then I was out of the animus, jumped right back in, and then the final mission began. So glad they fixed it, but this bug tok way too long to fix.

Same here

Capatanosu
11-17-2017, 03:13 PM
Same here , patch 1.05 fixed the BUG. Gj