PDA

View Full Version : Steam Family Sharing

EggTitan
10-31-2017, 01:45 AM
I understand that there's a sort of stigma in mentioning usage of third-party resources on IP-specific forums, but I would like to address an issue with Steam Family Sharing.
Now, before you tell me to contact Steam in regard to such issues, two things: one, hear me out, because two, the problem is not with Steam, but UPlay.
I recently shared Assassin's Creed Unity with my brother via Steam Family Sharing. I figured that most games in my library were starting to collect dust, and he could probably pick some of them up. The share was successful: my games appeared in my brother's accessible library. I promptly downloaded the game onto his computer. As usual, after hitting play, UPlay launched - only this time, it said that there was a problem authenticating the game ownership. So, of course, I sign in, and mark to keep myself signed in. However, the problem persists, and my account data goes seemingly unsaved, reverting back to my brother's login each time I launch UPlay.
TL;DR: I mark to keep myself signed in, but UPlay seems to keep my brother's account logged in. Fixes?
P.S. I can't launch the game directly from my account on the UPlay launcher.

KmarkoPL
10-31-2017, 02:53 PM
I understand that there's a sort of stigma in mentioning usage of third-party resources on IP-specific forums, but I would like to address an issue with Steam Family Sharing.
Now, before you tell me to contact Steam in regard to such issues, two things: one, hear me out, because two, the problem is not with Steam, but UPlay.
I recently shared Assassin's Creed Unity with my brother via Steam Family Sharing. I figured that most games in my library were starting to collect dust, and he could probably pick some of them up. The share was successful: my games appeared in my brother's accessible library. I promptly downloaded the game onto his computer. As usual, after hitting play, UPlay launched - only this time, it said that there was a problem authenticating the game ownership. So, of course, I sign in, and mark to keep myself signed in. However, the problem persists, and my account data goes seemingly unsaved, reverting back to my brother's login each time I launch UPlay.
TL;DR: I mark to keep myself signed in, but UPlay seems to keep my brother's account logged in. Fixes?
P.S. I can't launch the game directly from my account on the UPlay launcher.

1 All games witch use third party account authorisation, can not be family shared on steam
2 You buy Uplay game on steam, you will not be able to start the game only from Uplay, you will have go trough steam
3 You want to share your Uplay game on steam, you will have give your brother full access to your steam account, there is no other way.