PDA

View Full Version : Quest Breaking Crash - Precious Bonds

JosephSavage
10-30-2017, 06:02 PM
From some of the reports it looks like it's very similar to the May Amun Walk Beside You crash, except in this case it's a side quest. The game crashed during what I assume is the final cut scene (tossing the ring up in the air), and when I relaunched the game the top right quest tracker said "Precious Bonds" but there was no target or objective because they were all completed. Trying to reset the quest to the precious thing didn't work. And here is the worst part: if I walk ANYWHERE NEAR that area of the game where the final part of the mission occurred (by the great pyramids) the game freezes. Can't move the camera, can't open the map. If I hit the option key, instead of bringing up my gear it just brings up a main menu type screen with "continue", "options" and "return to title".

I can dodge this area but I'm hoping no main story quest needs me to go here later. I know you've got lots of bugs to deal with but I think a reset quest option could fix a lot of these problems in the mean time. Not just to the previous objective but back to the beginning of the quest. I'd gladly redo one quest again then have this problem.

I'm on a PS4, not pro.

ubi-wvlf
10-31-2017, 12:57 AM
Hello! Thanks for coming our way with this. We would first advise trying THESE (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000025501/General-PS4-Troubleshooting/) PS4 troubleshooting steps; namely, rebuilding your PS4's database.

JosephSavage
10-31-2017, 10:29 PM
Rebuilding my PS4 database did not work, neither did re-installing. Still have the same problem of no actual quest marker or objective, and if I get anywhere close to that final location the game freezes.

Please get a patch soon or have some sort of reset quest option.

REDELMO89
11-01-2017, 06:44 PM
No point in starting a new thread, but im having the same issue on xbox one. However mine didnt crash, i passed the ring to one of the men and they all just walked off, now the mission wont finish. Please adress Ubisoft, 2000xp will come in handy.

JosephSavage
11-16-2017, 05:21 AM
Just tried after the new 1.05 patch. Didn't fix it. Search the forums and found that you have PC, Xbox and PS4 players with this same bug. Please figure it out or ADD A RESET QUEST BUTTON.