PDA

View Full Version : PC [PC] Adjustable Walk/Run Speed on Mouse Wheel

DaelosTheCat
10-29-2017, 06:46 PM
So this is not fair. On PC you can't adjust walk / run speeds. This effectively prevents me from seeing animations / accesing functionality that is already in game. Can you make those adjustable with mouse wheel similar to first Splinter Cell games? That would be amazing.

Currently two available movement speeds for PC players are sprinting as if bitten by a crocodile and walking very-very slowly. Running around like crazy is very counter-immersive as people keep pointing at Bayek and saying he's an idiot. On the other hand walking is just so slow, it would take ages to get anywhere. Can't we walk faster? Or run slower? Adjustable movement speed needs to be added.

Third person RPGs need to have a movement speed that is in between. Look at The Witcher 3, which I am sure ACO drew many inspirations from. It has walking, jogging and sprinting. When character's default movement speed is sprinting, it really makes him stand out from the crowd, which is very counter-immersive.

This video shows what I'm talking about. With gamepad you have full control over your character's walk speed which allows to immersively walk around and admire the awesome world design. With keyboard you are stuck with 2 movement presets. I see no reason why not to add this to mouse wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gu3lmUN7PM

BananaBlighter
10-29-2017, 06:49 PM
I'm not on PC but that sounds like a good idea.

DaelosTheCat
10-30-2017, 02:03 AM
Yeah! It wouldn't be difficult to implement and it would definitely improve immestion for many players in a game that wants to be more RPG-y.

drakka5
10-30-2017, 09:45 AM
This is a good idea!

Locopells
10-30-2017, 09:56 AM
That's a +! from me!

Xaraktenrik88
10-30-2017, 10:34 AM
Will be great!

D.Paladin
10-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Please count me on. It will be a great improvement of user expirience.

DivRaven
10-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Just make it as it always been... Medium speed by default, slower speed and sprint with appropriate modifier buttons.

brandasmig
10-30-2017, 11:15 AM
Good idea

VanceBurrito
10-30-2017, 07:32 PM
Good idea

DaelosTheCat
10-31-2017, 01:56 AM
Dear UBI, can we please have this added? Please? :)

ThePizzaMan123
11-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Sounds like an awesome idea. The only reason I'm playing using a controller is because of the 'immersiveness' adjustable move speed gives but in turn, I miss out on the crazy bow accuracy the mouse would offer me. It's not a trade off I wanted to make.

DaelosTheCat
11-03-2017, 02:49 AM
So the patch is out and it looks like this wasn't an important enough issue. Perhaps the next patch? :)

kissybyc
11-03-2017, 03:13 AM
Good idea! Please make it happen Ubi. The game is so beautiful that I don't want to just dash past everything, but walking is just sooooo slow.

DaelosTheCat
11-03-2017, 05:12 AM
Another problem is when NPCs run slower then Bayek. Then you inevitably dash ahead and need to stop to wait for them to catch up.

The_Nur
11-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Oh man, so much this. Please, ubi.

DaelosTheCat
11-21-2017, 09:54 PM
At this point I'd be happy if they at least increased walking speed.

SixKeys
11-22-2017, 12:04 AM
Hear, hear!

razmat2012
11-22-2017, 01:58 PM
I think id rather see the mouse wheel scroll used for a tool wheel, so I don't have to go into the menus to choose a new tool. or at least a tool wheel option added somewhere.

DaelosTheCat
12-24-2017, 04:53 AM
I know the chances are slim, but I'd still like to see that faster walk speed for my next playthrough...

CrazyJones2469
12-24-2017, 09:18 AM
bwahahaha... I love sprinting everywhere. Holding the shift key to run was always annoying. you can crouch and move slower. But... the speed of this game is part of what makes it so fun. I even disabled the toggle to walk... got annoying hitting it when button mashing.

zeryks
12-24-2017, 10:30 PM
I am praying for this setting from the game release..already wrote similar request several times in several topics.I hope Ubi will finaly hear us...

DaelosTheCat
01-31-2018, 03:24 AM
bwahahaha... I love sprinting everywhere. Holding the shift key to run was always annoying. you can crouch and move slower. But... the speed of this game is part of what makes it so fun. I even disabled the toggle to walk... got annoying hitting it when button mashing.

Yeah, but the game should be designed to please as many players as possible. I find it immersion-breaking when my character sprints around all the time. And current walk speed is too darn slow to get Bayek anywhere.

niemtoor
02-24-2018, 09:51 PM
HUGE THUMBS UP for this feature.

It is really needed as on Keyboard we only have fast run and incredibly slow walk. this feature would increase immersion tenfold and mouse wheel is the best way to implement it.

Please Ubi, consider adding this functionality!

Thanks

DaelosTheCat
02-26-2018, 06:23 AM
I wonder if it's possible to assign a gamepad stick action (movement) to keyboard with some ini tweaks or settings. That would do it.

Just tried playing with gamepad. And I can't do combat. I just can't use that damned thing effectively. Out of combat however, navigating with faster walk is so friggin immersive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gu3lmUN7PM

Snezhanie
03-01-2018, 12:21 AM
Hey all. I greatly support the idea, since it feels pretty uncomfortable handling controls on PC version. Would be nice to have some small fix the closest future if it is possible

Dead213End
03-01-2018, 01:36 AM
I think just having a walk button in general would be enough. You don't need different speeds.

DaelosTheCat
03-01-2018, 03:44 AM
I think just having a walk button in general would be enough. You don't need different speeds.

Yeah you do. Currently there is a walk button. But it sets movement speed to the slowest walk possible. What if I want to walk faster? Or jog? All these animations are already in game and they are there for a reason - to give players control over their experience. Keyboard+mouse users should not be left out, especially since it's really easy to code this functionality to mouse wheel.

Krokedail
03-03-2018, 03:36 PM
When I realized I was able to adjust the speed of walking/running for games like GTA with a gamepad, I thought why there are so few PC games that allow player to adjust speed of your character? And on many game forums it is one of the most typical jokes and reasons for anger. You walk slower than NPCs, you run MUCH faster than NPCs. In the end it means total frustration during any task where you need to follow an NPC.

brsta
03-03-2018, 03:57 PM
That is a great idea,guys...ubi,please,listen to us and add this option.Thanks!!!

DaelosTheCat
03-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Also, this doesn't even need to be the default movement control scheme. You can very well make this optional (just like The Witcher 3 devs made an optional alternate movement responsiveness).

Here's an example of why adjustable movement speed is a must.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRf_F0ZFz70

RimyvaldHeath
03-13-2018, 04:23 PM
I agree this would be a nice implementation, or rather interpretation of gamepad analog sticks function. :D

zeryks
03-15-2018, 04:19 PM
New DLC released, also new patch released but, no changes in movement for PC players :-(

DaelosTheCat
03-16-2018, 03:58 PM
New DLC released, also new patch released but, no changes in movement for PC players :-(

Darn. Ah well, I guess they don't really care all that much. So this will be my last playthrough then.

Frag_Maniac
03-16-2018, 10:55 PM
Sorry OP, but I doubt Ubi will care. They did the same thing with Syndicate if you recall. Those with gamepads had varied speed by how far forward you push the stick, but we on KB/M had slow or fast. There were many comments on it but they ignored us. They're all about console sales, so they only support gamepads well anymore. I argued the same as above, that original Splinter Cell had varied run speed via Mouse Wheel. It fell on deaf (read apathetic) ears.

DaelosTheCat
03-17-2018, 08:42 PM
Shame. But Syndicate, from what I remember, at least had different speeds for running and sprinting, no? I may be mistaken as it's the only AC game that I was too bored to finish. Knowing this it seems like mockery to see Ubi post videos like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSM4YHGYjc8

Frag_Maniac
03-17-2018, 10:33 PM
Shame. But Syndicate, from what I remember, at least had different speeds for running and sprinting, no?
The majority of complaints about lack of speed control on KB/M pertained to kidnap missions, and any missions where you had to carefully sneak through to get to certain targets. Kinda hard to do that when your only speeds are slow, or fast and faster. It left a lot of players feeling they had to clear an area first, vs using sneaking.

Now this may seem trivial to some, but think about it, it even affects how the games are made. Look at Origins vs Syndicate for instance. In Syndicate, you had to carefully observe the guard patrol patterns before planning your sneak. Proper timing was crucial. In Origins, the map is filled with places to hide and attack from, and there are not nearly as complex or difficult patrol routes to deal with. Because of that, you can get by in many places without varied player speed.

The problem with it though is it makes the game too easy and linear. Origins' difficulty lies mostly in open combat, that is until you get your weapons and skills upgraded well.

DaelosTheCat
03-21-2018, 07:17 PM
I wish they at least increased walking speed so one could still enjoy the views while not ruining immersion. How can one bad gameplay mechanic ruin the game so much is beyond me.

kiro0821_PH
05-20-2018, 08:44 AM
i really want ubisoft to add faster walking just like in The witcher 3, pls ubi make it happen, i dont want to always run cuz this world is so beautiful, but i dont want to walk slow either, so pls we just want a faster walk so that it will become more immersive..pls ubi pls :D

kiro0821_PH
05-20-2018, 08:46 AM
i really hope that ubi will notice this post and hear our request..pls ubi

KmarkoPL
05-20-2018, 03:35 PM
i really want ubisoft to add faster walking just like in The witcher 3, pls ubi make it happen, i dont want to always run cuz this world is so beautiful, but i dont want to walk slow either, so pls we just want a faster walk so that it will become more immersive..pls ubi pls :D

i really hope that ubi will notice this post and hear our request..pls ubi

The game is finished .
Support for it is at the end.
There is not going be any game changes or DLCs , only fix patches.

kiro0821_PH
05-24-2018, 12:59 PM
sad

kiro0821_PH
05-24-2018, 01:00 PM
it's not too late too add faster walking update..it's just a small update..they can easily add it :'(

DaelosTheCat
06-08-2018, 12:12 AM
I am extremely frustrated by my character sprinting all the time. I love this game so much and it's world is amazing. ACP has allowed me to play it even more hardcore. But damn does Bayek sprinting at full speed all the time is the one thing that feels awkwardly out of place. Most awesome third person action/rpgs had a dedicated sprint button and a jog speed by default. The Witcher 3, Mass Effect series, TES games (which can also be played with third person perspective), Gothic 3, Fable, GTA (not an RPG, but still), Just Cause... Dear UBI, it's still not to late to add this, even as an alternate mode.

KmarkoPL
06-08-2018, 10:34 AM
What you don't get it ?
It is over, the end.
No more game changes updates.
Maybe some fix patches.
Time to move on.
The devs now working on ASSASSINS creed Odysey.

DaelosTheCat
06-11-2018, 01:06 AM
And me complaining about it and whining about how this is annoying for me is bothering you how?

Even if no updates will be made, let it be known far and wide that not being able to change movement speed with keyboard+mouse still bothers the living hell out of me.

WendysBrioche
06-11-2018, 02:13 AM
I mean, I play on PC and just use a controller. I never get why so many PC players still like keyboard, for those reasons I find it so limiting....

My honest advice is to just get a gamepad or 360 controller for PC. I find the controller so much more convenient to hold and maneuver the control\s around.

For future titles it might be good for keyboard/mouse players though so I do agree.

Locopells
06-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Personally, I've always found it easier to have the layout flat in front of me, But hey, that's just personal preference.

DaelosTheCat
06-11-2018, 07:51 PM
I mean, I play on PC and just use a controller. I never get why so many PC players still like keyboard, for those reasons I find it so limiting....

My honest advice is to just get a gamepad or 360 controller for PC. I find the controller so much more convenient to hold and maneuver the control\s around.

For future titles it might be good for keyboard/mouse players though so I do agree.

I can't man :( I have an Xbox controller and even tried Steam controller. I just can't fight with those damned controllers! I am clumsy, can't aim for headshots fast enough. Just not built for them.