PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Worlds VR Concepts

GramaJohn
10-28-2017, 10:45 PM
Far Cry gets better and better with each game made and it is hard to offer any kind of input to how the games could be improved. But there are things I want from games today that aren't coming to fruition. Games feel like they are "almost right", complete and satisfying. And I know due to limitations that not everything I think should be in a game will be there, so here are some things I'd like to see in one game and one possible idea for a mapmaker.

I'll start with the mapmaker, the current one is great and I'm sure the next one will be better, they have gotten better with each game. After using a few different Far Cry map editors and tinkering around with other game editors and game maker softwares, I thought " Far Cry doesn't need much to be a awesome game making software that players could use to make games and money. Sure, it would be limited in a lot of ways, but there are still tons of games that could be made with it." That could be a title all on it's own.

Alright, now what I'd like to see in a Far Cry VR Open World. It is a long exhausting list, so, as I come up with them, I'll post them in the future.

Open World MMO VRPretty self explanatory. I like big open worlds like Fallen Earth and ESO, they have lot's of cool things to explore and do, and I can get immersed for a very long time, which is what I want to do. It has to be BIG, like, it would take an hour of real life time to drive across the map as the crow flies.

Fishing-Fish breeding, Use of fish and fish parts for crafting baits, materials etc. Sell fish, fish parts and items crafted from/with fish. Standing Fish tanks and underwater VR viewing areas where fish can be caught, bred, viewed, removed for use, etc. Fishing tournaments and leaderboards. One concept I had here for a game was, the more a player cleaned up the fishing areas of ecological threats, the better the fishing would get. Trophies and certificates and/or pic of character with fish that hangs on wall etc.

Hunting

Housing, I think you guys and gals know how that works pretty well. Upgradeable storage options, gardening, fish tanks, crafting tables, maid etc.

Vehicles, that one is covered pretty good. Maybe do something where you have to scour the world to find parts to a chopper to build it to ride it ingame, some mechanic like that. Could do it for various special vehicles. Maybe add some scifi flyable orbs that you can use to fly on ground, in water and in the air.

Will be back with more

GramaJohn
01-09-2018, 02:45 AM
Hello again.

Nowadays, all my gaming is done with the VR headset, either playing games that are true VR or in Cinematic Mode. I've been spending a lot of time playing FC4 and using the map editor in Cinematic Mode lately. Here are some more ideas.

- VR Map Editor: If the game can't be VR, maybe the player made maps made with the map editor can be. Call it experimental, and I'll be the lab rat.

- Editor Assets: The ability to buy additional assets for map creation. More Animations, doors, cave walls, character types, weapons, housing, mounts etc. This is not something I'd want unless I could sell the maps. Which leads me to the next topic.

- Sell Maps: Players can sell their maps. Microtransactions add up, and who doesn't want to make money playing and making games if possible? I was thinking that the basic rate for a game is about a dollar an hour. So if a player makes a decent map that takes players 30 minutes to play, the creator of the map might be able to get .50 cents for that map. But nothing would stop them from selling maps for .10 cents or just give it away for free. Also, the ability to package several maps together and sell them as a "Map Pack" would be a very welcome tool. (Edit) Players could bundle ten 30 minute maps for $3.00 instead of $5.00.

IMHO, I feel using the FarCry map editor as a game making platform that is accessible and easy to use is beneficial and possibly the future of gaming, if the powers that be, let it be. I know of at least one game that draws a crowd based on the idea that players could make money playing the game , and the last time I checked, it was running on the CRY ENGINE.

GramaJohn
01-09-2018, 05:30 AM
New level and/or Instanced Areas - If large open world maps are not possible, maybe a new level or instanced areas are. This will give the creator of the map more room to build satisfying experiences.The player could complete the current map and be moved to a new level map. This might also occur when a player goes through a door, gate, cave entrance etc. For example, when a player kills the last guy on map one, the player is moved to map 2, or when a player interacts with a certain object, such as a door, they'll be moved to the new level the door leads to. Players can exit the level the same way (move to level one) or move on to a new level or instance from there. This can be used to move the player from area to area, expanding the play area/map into full blown games. You know how it works, I don't know why I am even adding a description.

NPC Drop Configuration - The ability to change what drops from NPCs. I'm working on a map based on Skyrim VR and am limited to only one set of enemies because the other enemies drop hand grenades or modern weapons when killed. And that kills the immersion factor and messes with the mechanics of the game/map I'm trying to create. It would be much more fun and flexible to have a larger variety of enemies and allies to play with by adding the option to change the drops of each NPC/AI.

GramaJohn
01-09-2018, 05:52 AM
NPC Creator - Creators can alter NPCs by mixing and matching apparel, changing their gear loadout, drops, and skills.

Inventory Control- Creators can limit or expand upon the size and types of players inventories.

GramaJohn
01-09-2018, 06:34 AM
The bottom line

Ultimately what I'd like is a Far Cry Game Maker in the fashion of the Far Cry Map Editor that let's me sell what I create with it.

GramaJohn
01-09-2018, 07:17 AM
I don't really understand why something like The Far Cry Game Maker hasn't already been brought to the market. You can purchase the CRY Engine and make games with that, why not a Far Cry Game Maker/Editor Version, and sell games with that?

It can't be that hard to do, most of it is already there.

GramaJohn
01-09-2018, 07:23 AM
It doesn't even have to be affiliated with Far Cry if that's an issue, but I think you'd want it to be. It is a very cool boon

GramaJohn
01-12-2018, 01:52 PM
If selling maps isn't possible, maybe making donations to the creator of the map would be. A donation button maybe.

Would you shut me down if I created a map while streaming it via YouTube and I asked for a certain amount of donations to publish it?

GramaJohn
01-12-2018, 02:44 PM
In an MMO Far Cry, I think it would be very cool to have VR players and Flat Screen players in the same world. Each would have their own specialities , VR players would have something different than flat screeners, such as headsets, flying pods etc. Flat screeners might have hats and tanks etc.

If that's not possible, maybe a VR server.

GramaJohn
01-13-2018, 03:18 AM
Kill Cam In Map Editor- Ability to assign kill cam to individual kills or last enemy in each wave.

GramaJohn
01-13-2018, 02:36 PM
I was watching the Ubisoft E3 2017 Conference and noticed two things, 1. I play more Ubisoft than I realized and that those are my favorite games, and 2. How cool would it be to merge these games into one big world? Very freaking cool!

I wouldn't merge Assassin's Creed with Farcry, but I would merge The Crew 2 with Farcry 5 with Steep and of course in VR or multi view. I don't know what else to call it when VR players and Flat screeners play together, so I am calling it multi-view.

https://youtu.be/5Q1s3lOzQ1A

GramaJohn
01-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Map Editor Ideas

Bears- Black Bear is a real issue where I live. Encountering them in the wild is scary as f#@!. 98% of the time they won't attack. The other 2-- you better know what to do.

How about programming a Bear AI to have the same visual signs and characteristics of various predatory mode and defensive mode actions that real bears have.

For example, 98% of the time a bear may rush at you in a defensive mode, but will stop short, and back away if you hold your ground and yell at it while staring it in the eyes, if player run squats or goes prone before the bear actually attacks, the bear will attack and the player will have to defend themselves by whatever means is available to them. (In some areas a firearm will not be available to them). The other random 2% of the time, the bear rushes and does attack.

If the bear is in predatory mode, it watches, follows and hunts the player. It will attack and the player will have no other choice but to defend themselves. (In some areas a firearm will not be available to them)

So, I guess we would also need a way to deactivate or remove firearms in certain areas. Maybe with a " Deactivate or Remove Weapon " Area Tool ". It could be a map editor tool that highlights an area where players weapons will be disabled until they leave the area. It should include the option to choose which weapons are disabled for each area. Area1 might be firearms and grenades deactivated, area2 might include using only non lethal weapons bear spray, paintball gun, slingshot, throw rock etc.

The players should be notified ingame when and what weapons have be deactivated when they cross the highlighted area border, such as "Firearms Deactivated!". "Firearms Reactivated!"

And if you want to take that a step further or do something else with it, add placeable trash cans, gardens, birdseed and food crops that the bears are attracted to. Similar to the whole throw a piece of bait thing, but it should take longer. If a bear attracting asset is placed on the map, bears in the area would slowly head in it's direction. Maybe with a settable timer for when the bear notices it. 10 min, 15min, 20min, 30 min, 60min. Or something like that.

New weapons- Bear spray, Paintball gun, Slingshot, Airhorn, Non Lethal Pepper Gun

GramaJohn
01-25-2018, 05:45 PM
Map Editor Tool- Spawn new weapon when enemy dies.

The ability to choose when and what weapon drops or spawns into the game at a designated point when a chosen NPC dies.

GramaJohn
01-25-2018, 06:40 PM
Working Train w/Cars and Tracks- Train could run on auto drive from point to point across the map. Train would be enterable by players. Players might have to disable a bomb placed on the train, kill all the bad guys, etc.

Settable Bomb- A bomb that needs to be disabled based on time. The time can be adjusted either by player or map creator.

In VR of course.

GramaJohn
01-25-2018, 06:57 PM
You could one up that train and tracks idea by adding train stops. and/or train slow area's. They could be Train stations- train stops for a time then proceeds to the next destination, or A Roadway crossing asset for roads- a placeable section of road and railway tracks that slows the trains down for a bit, etc.

GramaJohn
01-27-2018, 05:18 PM
Chest Placement and Inventory Selection- The ability to add a chest loaded with chosen drops. Similar to the chests in FC4, except the Map Creator chooses what goes into the chests for players to pick up.

Doors with Keys- A set of doors with keys that open them. Find the key to open the door.

GramaJohn
01-27-2018, 05:21 PM
Interactive Buttons - Press a button to make something happen. Open doors, move machinery etc.

GramaJohn
01-27-2018, 05:26 PM
Drones - Controllable drones with a camera view. Maybe a maintenance or military drone that have the tools to accomplish various tasks.

GramaJohn
01-27-2018, 05:30 PM
Race Track Start/Finish Line- A tools that lets the map creator set a start and finish line for round racing tracks. Should allow multiple laps.

GramaJohn
01-27-2018, 05:37 PM
Underwater Battles- The ability to use weapons and fight underwater.

Clearer Water- Adjustable, sometimes murky water is the flavor of the day.

GramaJohn
01-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Chaser Round Ammo or Weapon- A weapon, or ammo that chases the enemy in "Bullet Time".

GramaJohn
01-27-2018, 05:47 PM
Game Trails and Security Cameras- Player controlled viewable cameras that can be placed in various locations

GramaJohn
01-27-2018, 05:55 PM
Auto Hang Weapon Racks- Racks for weapons that automatically hold weapons in place for pickup. It's quite time consuming to place weapons in racks for vaults, shooting galleries, stores etc.

GramaJohn
01-27-2018, 10:01 PM
Remember Modifiers- A tool or check box that remembers last modifiers used.

For example, Map 49 used modifiers snipe, water breathing, infinite ammo. When map 50 is made, the modifiers will be the same as map 49 until changed.

Would save a lot of time when making or testing maps that would be setup the same. Very helpful when working with many random generated maps.

GramaJohn
01-29-2018, 05:25 PM
Trigger Enemy Tool- A map editor tool that assigns an area that spawns a friend or foe when the player enters a designated area. It might spawn an NPC that gives or drops a key or mission. Placement of assigned NPC can be anywhere on the map.

GramaJohn
01-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Editable Notes- An editable piece of paper the creator of the map can use to leave notes. Can be used as storyline, to give direction etc.

Example: Player walks up to a house with a note on it, it says "Rumor has it, that Farmer Bob has a stocked fish pond on his property"

GramaJohn
01-29-2018, 07:17 PM
Native and Non-native Fish Mechanic- For every non-native fish caught or killed and removed from the water, a native fish will spawn in it's place.

GramaJohn
02-21-2018, 10:59 PM
Bringing E-Sports into the real world by adding the physical element and VR. I'd like to see Farcry add a Practical Shooting Course to their games, And add the assets of it to the map editor so we can build our own courses.

How does this bring the e-sports into the real sports world? Add blowback gun/s to the VR world. Battery ammo clips create the blowback and power the gun. Because in real Practical shooting sports, the ammo clip is part of the sport, for many races, time starts then you load the clip into the gun. And it will sell peripherals.

When players shoot, they will have to shoot as you would in the real sport, maybe not at first due to the tether, but an awesome starting point. There are Practical Shooting courses that don't require running from station to station, but you must still fire the gun and follow the rules physically, it would be the same in VR, or at least some form/version of it, the player would have to go through the same movements as a real shooter, and that makes it a physical sport.

And think of all the benefits, specially safety issues and concerns, firearm handling and education, fun and entertainment, no negative chemicals added to the environment, larger audiences, and it just keeps going on.

GramaJohn
02-21-2018, 11:12 PM
Practical Shooting Sports is perfect for bringing E-sports into the real sports world.

GramaJohn
02-24-2018, 03:16 AM
I went looking around for other things that interested me, such as shooting, and I found a system called a "Smokeless Gun Range", the cheapest I could get in for was around $500. I thought, "VR could do better than that' if they had a decent handgun peripheral."

So this request is for a smokeless gun range with the standard competitive shooting sports, with a little sumtin' sumtin' added to it. The best affordable Smokeless gun range system I could find is the LASR System. And one of the better systems is called the Smokeless Range® Marksmanship Simulator. I think would be perfect for VR.

If it doesn't work in the Farcry World, it would be a great stand alone VR game.

GramaJohn
02-24-2018, 03:19 AM
Even if the handgun peripheral wasn't available at first, the AIM controller would do nicely as a rifle simulator until the pistol came out. Please let it be a real weighted training pistol.