PDA

View Full Version : PC Game is languaged changed to Russian yet English is checked

Drakfett24
10-28-2017, 10:31 PM
I logged off last night after playing for awhile and it was fine in English. I logged in today the menu and subtitles are all in Russian. I found my way to the option to change language and it is Highlighted English. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same....

Drakfett24
10-29-2017, 01:25 AM
Update: checked the register language is set to US-Eng ...

Sinister-Fate
10-29-2017, 11:09 PM
I'm having the same issue. I got back from vacation and launched the game, and the menu titles were all Russian. I checked the Uplay properties, and English was selected. The game worked fine before. I see there is a known issue regarding the Russian language, but it doesn't seem to be related to the issue we're having...

anden1976
11-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Same to me now :(.. When i did login it says it haves 2 account in the cloud saved so i did take the latest one and the language is russian or something :(.. and i dont know how to change it back when i cant understand :(

jdSaturnAscends
11-05-2017, 03:26 PM
You were hacked. Change your password and enable 2 step authentication. The same thing happened to me. You probably have game progress showing that you didn't do because some russian was playing on your account. They also tried to log in to my facebook, but my password was different.

To get the language back to English, I clicked around until I figured out which one was the "options" menu, then the language tab which I think is the 2nd to last. In there, change two of the options to English. The other options are subtitle and audio toggles and don't matter. Then you have to click one of the buttons below it to "apply", don't hit the one that is for escape.

Kn0rm
11-05-2017, 04:26 PM
On the main game screen, on the left side..

You have a button (play), then a space, then 4 more buttons.(Store, Options, Club, Quit)
Click the 2nd button in the set of 4, to go tothe options page.
Next page.. Along the very top.. There are 6 words/options.
Click the 5th (2nd to last) to get tothe language menu
On this page.. on the left.. the top 2 options should be.. (pick your language)
Hit enter to save then restart game..

anden1976
11-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks now i did change the language but my saved game is not there :(.. it is only the hackers saved game.. how can i get my saved game back??

Edgarcb83
11-07-2017, 06:20 PM
You were hacked. Change your password and enable 2 step authentication. The same thing happened to me. You probably have game progress showing that you didn't do because some russian was playing on your account. They also tried to log in to my facebook, but my password was different.

To get the language back to English, I clicked around until I figured out which one was the "options" menu, then the language tab which I think is the 2nd to last. In there, change two of the options to English. The other options are subtitle and audio toggles and don't matter. Then you have to click one of the buttons below it to "apply", don't hit the one that is for escape.

These happened to me...
...Hey I had the same issue yesterday night, game in russian, I struggle for 10 minutes until I finally guessed how to change back to english, then 2 saved accounts ( I just had 1 game before) then, non of those 2 saves where mine, Last time I saved the game I was level 30, One of the saved games was lvl 25 and the other one level 10 ... so I went to the lvl 25 because what the hell, lets continue with the game its just 5 levels whatever... but even when my character is in the same area I was, A lot of quest where done and others undone, all phylakes up ( I had already killed 4), so It was definitely not my saved game...

Now Being hacked was my guess, but then I dont understand how the hacker managed to have my same inventory I had, downgrade my character from level 30 to level 25, an have bayek on the exact same place I was, all these in a about 16 hours...

machtoo
11-07-2017, 10:02 PM
I managed to navigate to the Language change menu with the help of a post but the game will not accept a Language change...I believe the patch was hacked/corrupted. I saw one post that stated even a reinstall did not fix the Russian menu issue.

Phili007007
11-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Thanks now i did change the language but my saved game is not there :(.. it is only the hackers saved game.. how can i get my saved game back??

same to mee, the game changed from german to russian. i fixed it in the options, but my savegame doesn't exist anymore...

MMaRsu
11-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Because Ubisoft accounts have been hacked en masse by russian hackers