PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes every few minutes

InfernoVipa
10-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Hi

My game crashes to the desktop every 10-15 minutes without any windows error message whatsoever - it only presents the option to send crash reports to you guys. Had 2 bluescreens too so far. Thanks to the constant saves of the game I haven't lost much/any progress but it's obviously not very enjoyable.

Also, probably unrelated: My sound system produces a loud "pop" noise when the game starts (Dolby Atmos via an AVR).

Specs:
CPU: R7 1700X @ 3.95
MB: Asus X370 Pro
RAM: 16gb 3200 Corsair Vengeance @ 3066
GPU: GTX 1080
Sound: Denon X3300W
Drivers are all current (most certainly at least).
System is otherwise stable.

Happy to provide more infos if it helps.

TrueHypothesis
10-28-2017, 07:44 PM
I'm having, more or less, the same exact issue. Loading the main menu and sub-menus work just fine but, once I load up my save, an unseen crash-timer starts ticking down.
I have no idea what's causing this and I've tried every fix others have suggested in these forums and elsewhere.

PS: @OP - I also occasionally get a pop noise when starting the game.

Specs:
CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.6 (OC)
MB: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3000
GPU: GTX 980 Ti
Sound: SB Recon3Di

Installed game on both drives (works better on HDD vs Boot SSD)
Confirmed all drivers are up to date in Device Manager

ETSubmariner
10-29-2017, 01:20 AM
Played quite a while the first three times, but now my PC seizes up/blue screen Win 10. Event viewers and such only tell me something happened that caused the standard blame-game files to act up are the cause. For reference, I play a lot of games in little packets. I haven't seen a blue screen in a year. Standard diagnostic software reveals a lean ready machine. I did update nvidia drivers and the latest audio, but that was before the game installed. Could be anything, but definitely related to the game running with my rig.

LilSauce24_PL
10-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Hey!

I have similar issue, when start to play the game my save is loaded up i got few runs especially in the city im starting to hear the buzzing sound some time to time and its like going sound off, and in a few seconds when it's back its with that buzz sound after few times game just crashes to the desktop and sending report to UBI. Sometimes it's crashes after the loaded save.

YazX_
10-29-2017, 11:24 AM
BSODs and crashes like this are mostly caused by unstable system overclocking or defective hardware, in other cases its caused by unstable drivers, however, since the game is stressing the CPU to 100% then i would suggest to reset bios to factory settings, reset video card OC (if any) and run on default clocks for GPU and memory, make sure your RAM clocks are correct in BIOS and try to play the game and report back, from there we can go into more steps if the issue persists.