PDA

View Full Version : .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

TheNamelessWing
10-28-2017, 05:34 PM
So i got this problem that is, when i go to play ACOrigins on uplay i click play game and an error message appears (.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.) but the annoying thing is if i play the game then exit it and click back on play again the error message appears and i have to say ok to the message then go to game settings and verify the files so that the dll files are replaced and then lo and behold the game works, i can't keep doing this everytime i want to play the game. Ubisoft please patch my game it is very expensive and i've always been a fan of assassin's creed actually i own all of the titles either via digital or cd so if you could help me it would be much apreciated. Thank you

the dll files that are causing a problem are bink2w64.dll and oo2core_4_win64.dll

MItya1457
10-28-2017, 05:41 PM
I have the same problem. But now for me even verify doesn't fix the problem. I even delete and download the game again and it didn't help.

AtlanGEDC
10-31-2017, 09:09 PM
same here, after the second attempt to repair the files it worked....once.

this time i searched for the bink2w32.dll on my pc and found another one named binkw32.dll in my elex folder and copy/renamed it.
at least the game starts now. and i had not to use the ubplay repair function.

the oroginal dll seems to got corupted to 0 Bytes.

Armando_melilla
11-02-2017, 01:18 AM
I have got the same problem... I dony know what to do.. I want to play so bad this game:(