PDA

View Full Version : Game not loading using Bootcamp Windows 10

coruptd
10-28-2017, 09:18 AM
Hi All,

I have Windows 10 installed using Bootcamp for my Macbook Pro. As far as I can tell all system requirements are met, though I will post below for response from Ubisoft.
When attempting to run the game, the game's title card is displayed on the Windows desktop, after which if I click the ACO icon on the bottom, a second window opens that first starts of white, then after maximising this window it turns black. I have left this window for several minutes (up to 20 minutes) with nothing happening.

At first, I assumed that my computer could not cope, but when I enter Task Manager, the game is only using 15-17% CPU, 840mb RAM and 0% Graphics. The game is simply not doing anything.

Where have I gone wrong?

System Specifications:

Radeon Software Version - 16.6
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon Pro 460
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 907 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6920HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

I have tried:
-reinstalling Uplay
-disabling Windows Defendor
-making Uplay launch as system admin
-tried to update graphics drivers (they are up to date as per my card)
-restarted my computer
-switched back to Mac mode, restarted, then restarted into Bootcamp

None of these things have worked!

AnimusLover
10-28-2017, 11:37 AM
Other than Windows defender have you tried turning off your anti virus? Sometimes that can be it. Also, try doing a disk repair for both your mac and windows partition. Good luck.

Thefreddyfeed
07-13-2018, 07:16 PM
Same problem . have you solved it?

UbiGabrinth
07-14-2018, 02:34 AM
Please note that the minimum requirements for Assassin's Creed Origins includes for AMD the Radeon R9 270. The Radeon Pro 460 is below that requirement (https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/Radeon-Pro-460-vs-Radeon-R9-270-R7-370-vs-Radeon-R9-280X/3747vs2766vs3466). You have a great processor and it looks like you're saying you have 16 GB of DDR5 Ram, but the game will likely not be able to be run without a sufficient graphics card.