PDA

View Full Version : Why is the parkour so bad?

John-Connolly
10-28-2017, 12:13 AM
How has something that was the cornerstone of this series been relegated to something so unintuitive and awful in Origins?

Animator_Alex
10-28-2017, 03:03 AM
Are you kidding? It's MILES better than the previous games. It's incredibly smooth

TheGBGentleman
10-28-2017, 09:07 AM
yea this took a bit to get used to but it works so much better

KLYV3
10-31-2017, 09:44 PM
I guess he means that u don't rly jump over walls and other obstacles... instead u just jump on a wall and down from that...
in the beginning of the game u jump and roll over stuff but after that u don't do that anymore and i don't understand why...
maybe the support can help.:confused:

lagrue
11-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Animator_Alex... hell nah... AC3 had the most fluid parkour of any games in the series and it all went downhill from there... it got the worst in syndicate when they made it so you can't jump off/down building, atleast they're brought that back - but they also kept the rest of Syndicate's parkour.

The problem alot of people have is that we're conditioned to the classic controls... I'm used to holding R2-X-Analog to run for example, and now I just use analog but I still habitually hold R2 and find myself jumping up walls every 2 feet.

It's more refined, but for long term players it's a cluster duckling of trying to wrestle against our internal memories.

They had the perfect fluidity in AC3. But when you drop major control changes to a long standing series, you can bet many people won't like it.

I actually want a 'Classic Controls' option in the Options menu.... god do I ever hate using the up button on the D-Pad to call Senu when Eagle Vision used to be Triangle, we're talking features moving to the opposite side of the controller. Things like this are why all the in-game systems; parkour, combat, etc. feel clunky to some of us.