PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Monitor Driver Crash

Funkengreuven
10-27-2017, 11:15 PM
Each time I start the game in multi monitor I can get to the setup screen, but when i try to runt he game it crashes to the desktop with a message that says "DRIVER 388.00 Crashed"!!! I figured out why this is...because I am running multi monitor with SLI on two 1080TI cards. Because you did not give us an SLI profile, the game doesn't know how to handle starting in multi monitor resolution on a system with SLI enabled. In a multi monitor setup the screens are divided up across both cards, therefore without SLI the game simply crashes!!! You may have tried to cut corners by leaving out SLI, but this is a know issue and it's causing the game to crash! I give you props for supporting multi monitor, but your QA team obviously didn't test it very well else they would have discovered this ahead of time and MAYBE you could have justified the feature to the bean counters before launching a AAA title WITHOUT SLI SUPPORT!!!

UbiFluouise
10-28-2017, 12:41 AM
Hello Assassin. Thank you for sharing your feedback on this matter, and for providing information about this issue. We have passed this along for further inspection, but if you experience any other technical issues throughout the game that you are unable to investigate on your own, please reach out to our technical support team (https://support.ubi.com/Cases/New) for further assistance/documentation. Thank you!

Funkengreuven
10-29-2017, 04:22 AM
Thanks for your response! I am sorry about the "frank" nature of the post, but it is frustrating to know $800 worth of hardware is going to waste because we don't have an SLI profile. This is especially true given how much better other games perform in multi-monitor & 4K with one. The game launches fine at 7680x1440 with one 1080TI disabled in device manager , which is why I can confirm the issue is due to the lack of an SLI profile; however, the 30-35 FPS you get on one 1080TI is barely playable. There's a big difference between 30-40FPS & 50-70 FPS which is consistent with what you'd expect to pick up with even average SLI scaling/optimization. Here's hoping this is resolved sooner rather than later...