PDA

View Full Version : Fix Phenom II and other CPU pls!

G4MER-Tr
10-27-2017, 10:04 PM
I have a phenom ii x4 955 CPU, and game cannot start on my PC, fix this please UBI

ai_ab
10-28-2017, 07:00 AM
As far as I know it is AMD FX 6350 that is listed in the minimal requirements and it seems to me that your CPU was released several years earlier. Could you check if my assumption is correct? If this is the case then it means that your CPU does not satisfy the minimal requirements.

angyrus
10-28-2017, 07:12 AM
And WHERE ON MINIMUM SPECIFICATION SAyS PROCESSOR MUST HAVE SSE4.1??
beside that is not much of a difference between those 2 processors, maybe phanom is 5-10% slower ... so what ? it still should start the game.
Is not the min requirements is the incompetence of UBISOFT to launch a product without problems after 2 years ... sory 3 year from Unity fail and still 0 learn from mistakes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XxHunterHxX
10-28-2017, 07:19 AM
So you ir telling me i can run ANY game on my pc no problems i played witcher 3 with all on max and gta 5 and this game i cant ? iv seen videos on youtube with the grafics its nothing that special on top of the fact that deserts ir the easyest maps to do since they literly have NOTHING on them look at mad max its a desert map type of game and even the ****tiest pc s can run it on max and this game as problems to running it on max on high end pc's and that is coz what ? its our fault they didnt optimized the game ? please im not gona buy a new pc each time uby releses a new game hahaha fix the dam game so i can play it i wasted 90 euros on this **** let me play it and what is up with selling stuff to twich ? why do i need twich prime to ghet the skin and horse and **** ? is it not enough i payed 90 euros for the game ? now i need to pay extra ? im relly starting to hate the ****ing games that come out lately you need to waste 300 euros to have all the stuff in the game and that is just ******ed i wold of been fine just pirating this **** !

ai_ab
10-28-2017, 10:23 AM
If your CPU is below the minimal requirements then it means that you can try running the game on your own risk. The developer is not obliged to fix the issue in this case.

raetiacorvus
10-28-2017, 11:44 AM
If your CPU is below the minimal requirements then it means that you can try running the game on your own risk. The developer is not obliged to fix the issue in this case.

Before saying the following, keep in mind I was perfectly aware that there was a possibility that the game would not run on Phenom II and even warned (https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/78kis6/anyone_with_amd_phenom_ii_x6_1090t_prepurchased/dowv985/) someone. I bought the game knowing I am going to have access to a newer CPU next week.

I think system requirements should be more explicit and informative. The companies are fully aware of the whole "Phenom II" situation and could have resolved the issue beforehand by just adding a and newer clause to the CPU minimum requirements and but they did not. Actually they had a "or equivalent" clause added to the revealed requirements see the blog post (http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-origins-pc-specs-system-requirements-revealed/). That is a clause that can be easily misinterpreted by a lot of customers as they could see equivalence only in the performance rather then in instruction sets or time of release, because that has been the case for many years.

I don't think Ubisoft is obliged to release a patch to fix this issue. I am still hoping that at some point they release clear response to their community if they are going to patch in support for "Phenom II and friends" even tough they are below minimum requirements or not. A clear no would let those stuck with CPUs that are perfectly fine for most other games move on to other games. They always can return to this one after it was possible for them to upgrade.

ai_ab
10-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Knowing and understanding what the instruction sets are require advanced knowledge. A lot of PC users have no idea of what this is. It is much easier for them to check whether they have the hardware that is newer or older than that listed in the minimal requirements.

raetiacorvus
10-28-2017, 01:26 PM
Knowing and understanding what the instruction sets are require advanced knowledge. A lot of PC users have no idea of what this is. It is much easier for them to check whether they have the hardware that is newer or older than that listed in the minimal requirements.

That is not really an argument for not providing that information in addition is it? It's not like a simply googling for your CPUs will give you page full of sites all showing you if your CPU has a given instruction set or not. It's not like system requirement tell you what version of DX or OGL your GPU must support don't they ;)

A lot of PC users have no idea of what this is. It is much easier for them to check whether they have the hardware that is newer or older than that listed in the minimal requirements.

That is just wrong. Newer hardware is not always better suited for a system requirement whereas more ore equally powerful is.

Ra_Diz
10-28-2017, 01:31 PM
I expect Ubisoft to comment, or make a statement about this.

Even if its true, that the game wont run on older cpu´s or something like that, they should answer to the people in here writing about the issues, as it also appears to happen on newer CPU´s..

We need to know if they are aware, and IF they intend to fix it by a patch, or if its just as it is, so we can delete the damn game, and move on with other games, new games, that actually WILL run on older CPU`s :-)

Funny is, that there is always a mod online, commenting standard posts, but they all ignore this post, and the other one, that has + 150 replys...

Gah...

ai_ab
10-28-2017, 01:41 PM
I cannot see where am I wrong. Newer i5/i7 CPUs are better than the old ones. They also have more instructions. Ryzen CPUs are better than the previous generation AMD CPUs. Same applies to the GPUs GTX 1080 is better than GTX 980, AMD Vega is better than AMD Fury.

With what I can agree is that the information about which CPUs won't run the game could have been provided.

raetiacorvus
10-28-2017, 02:37 PM
I cannot see where am I wrong. Newer i5/i7 CPUs are better than the old ones.

Only if they are easily comparable at all. There are newer CPUs that are still less powerful then older ones. I am sure there are a several of CPUs newer then those in the system requirements that are less powerful then those stated. In addition CPUs can be better in one workload and worse in another. Especially in gaming for a while it was more important to have better single core performance then multicore one. So it is not as simple as a higher model number in a newer generation is the right choice.

They also have more instructions.
That often isn't true at all. We had several releases of CPU with no important changes in instructions at all. And like you said yourself most people don't even know about instruction sets so it is even more important to state them as requirement in the system requirement. People who replied to the guy asking if he could run the game told him yes, his CPU is powerful enough. No one was even thinking about instruction sets.

Ryzen CPUs are better than the previous generation AMD CPUs. Same applies to the GPUs GTX 1080 is better than GTX 980, AMD Vega is better than AMD Fury.
Like I said you compare generations instead of singular CPU/GPUs. A previous generation top model CPU/GPU will still beat a low end CPU/GPU of the next generation. And here is the point where many customers make the miss assumption that their CPU/GPU meets the minimum requirements. Better wording in the requirements help to avoid this problem.

Even without putting the instruction set requirement in the system requirements a clause "and newer" would have avoided a lot of tears for some customers.

ai_ab
10-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Definitely there are newer CPUs that are less powerful than the ones provided in the minimal requirements, however, if we speak of Intel CPUs these would probably be i3 and lesser CPUs, i.e. any newer i5/i7/i9 CPU is going to be more powerful than i5 2400.

Sure not all CPU generation add new instructions but is it really necessary to provide the excessive list here that i7 2600k and i7 3770k have the same sets of instructions, while AVX 2.0 support was introduced in i7 4770k etc.? I think you perfectly understand what I meant in my posts. No need to go to the extremes.

And that's exactly why I have provided examples.

IMO adding "and newer" to the minimal requirements would not prevent the issue. Adding a list of instruction sets would be useful only to those who understand what is it, others would miss it.

I think that adding a noticeable warning that the game won't run on a certain generation of CPUs or older would be more useful.