PDA

View Full Version : Low End PC Direct X 9 ?

TotalWafflez
10-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Is their an option to switch to DX9? I have this game on my low end HP laptop and i want to figure out how to switfch to DX9 on UPlay fi that option is available?

My specs

Processor Intel R i5-7200U 2.50 @2.75GHz
RAM: 8GB
Graphics Card: HD Graphics 620
WIndows 10 OS

If I can have someone help me have good FPS in this game that'd be awesome. I can run the game but it just so choppy. THanks ! This is for UPlay DX9 settings

strigoi1958
10-28-2017, 05:09 PM
I don't think it will make any difference even if the game can run on dx9 ... I'm afraid HD graphics will struggle to make the game run at low settings and at 720p. Origins is huge and demanding. I know a friend who played Unity with a similar laptop and was getting 7 to 15 FPS and that is very very choppy and full of lag. Origins is closer to Syndicates performance but even lowering settings and resolution the HD 620 is around 50% of a gtx 660 which is the minimum required spec. I know people play games on lower spec systems and laptops but unfortunately there comes a point where nothing can be done to make a demanding game playable on less than minimum spec.

I'm sorry this does not answer your question and I hope you can find a solution but I think your only option is to get a different pc sorry.

andynaruto10
10-28-2017, 07:04 PM
The AC games starting with Unity and Rogue require a DirectX 11 graphics card to even start them. If you don't have DX 11, you'll get an error. So, the games run on DirectX 11, and not lower.
You can't change the DirectX of a game. Your HD Graphics has DirectX 11, but the performance matters, which is bad for these current gen games.

AC Rogue runs very good on HD Graphics though, which is a last gen game, but still requires DirectX 11 :).

Note that the DirectX is backwards compatible, meaning you can play DirectX 9 (or lower) games on a DirectX 12 GPU. That's why you can play a 1990 game on a modern PC.