PDA

View Full Version : Bots got smarter?

ttrat
10-27-2017, 07:39 PM
I played a quick game of Dominion last night (PvAI cuz I was chillin'), and I ran across a couple bots that were:

Nailing me with light parries
Relying heavily on feints
Using unblockable feint mix-em-ups and just being generally tricksy

I've never seen bots do this stuff before. They were level 3 as per usual. Have I just been missing something, or has the AI been given a bit of a bump recently? It was awesome.

UbiInsulin
10-27-2017, 08:12 PM
There were a few changes made to bots in the last Title Update, though without knowing the hero of the bot you were playing it's hard to say whether one of these changes would have made the difference. If you just noticed the new behavior recently, then I'm not sure what could have caused this.

Bots
Bots have been updated to take into consideration the stamina cost when using ladders.

[I]Developer Comments: The bots have now been adapted to take into consideration the stamina cost of performing slides or attacks while on the ladder.

[Bug Fix] We've found an issue that affected the ability for bots to successfully do “Sprint Attacks” on fleeing enemies.

Developer Comments: With this change, bots should be able to catch up and do a sprint attack on fleeing enemies more often than they were before.

[Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Valkyrie bot to play the miss animation instead of the hit animation after successfully landing a Shield Bash.
[Bug Fix] Warlord bot's will use Zone Attack less often in 1v1 situations.
[Bug Fix] Assassin bots no longer get stuck attempting to activate “Fear Itself” after killing their enemy.
[Bug Fix] Bots no longer remain inactive at their bases in Custom Dominion Matches.
[Bug Fix] Bots are now able to dodge Shugoki's “Demon's Embrace”.

Also, we cannot rule out the possibility of the bots becoming capable of learning.

ttrat
10-27-2017, 08:19 PM
There were a few changes made to bots in the last Title Update, though without knowing the hero of the bot you were playing it's hard to say whether one of these changes would have made the difference. If you just noticed the new behavior recently, then I'm not sure what could have caused this.

Also, we cannot rule out the possibility of the bots becoming capable of learning.

Very interesting... It was a Raider bot where this was most noticeable, it definitely played like an actual player. Feinting zone then going for the face-smack, and parrying like a monster. Just seemed like such a remarkable difference. I played several games yesterday, but it was the last Dominion match that I saw the difference. I assume all the bots are part of a neural net processor, a learning computer...