PDA

View Full Version : Slow loading textures (pop-ins) on NPC

Ghuodo
10-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Every now and then I encounter extremely slow loading (10 seconds and longer) textures on NPC's even when up close to them. When this happens NPC's will move in a straight line and do not have collision detection (moving through Bayek, walls, other NPC's, trees etc). When the texture finish loading the collision detection is also starting to work. It's not possible to interact with them until they have their correct textures either (talk, attack etc). I just have to follow them and wait for the textures to load.

First time it happened was after clearing Hepzefa's house and you are asked to go back to him. I started to run towards the quest-marker but it kept moving away from me. I saw that he didnt have his textures and was moving in a straight line away from me and finally going inside a hill out of reach. Restarting the game fixed it so that he instead walked inside his house and I could finish the quest.

Anyone else with this problem?

I will try to reinstall the game to see if that does anything. Current installation is from pre-load.

Intel 4670K
16GB RAM
Geforce 780GTX with driver version 388.00
Windows 10

Melantrix
11-02-2017, 11:25 AM
I have the same problem with an I5-6500 and gtx 970. I think its a problem of cpu, but not sure :(