PDA

View Full Version : Launches on wrong screen

jjbravo09
10-27-2017, 04:28 PM
The game launches on the wrong screen, not the main screen.

TempestKeep
10-27-2017, 07:22 PM
Same here. Looking for a fix.

TempestKeep
10-27-2017, 07:27 PM
Strange thing is that my main monitor is actually set as primary in both windows and displayfusion. Yet the game launches on my secondary one.

TempestKeep
10-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Fixed it by pressing ALT+Enter and dragging it to my main screen then pressing ALT+Enter again. Now i have the issue that it wont detect my native resolution of 3440x1440 but only allows me to go to 1920x1200 even after restarting.

Duckers_Mcquack
10-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Go to the graphic settings and change main monitor. It's a one time fix and then it will continue to boot to the main.

UbiFluouise
10-27-2017, 09:53 PM
Hello Assassin! It sounds like you just need to make some adjustments to your Display configuration. If none of the workarounds provided by the community help you resolve this, please reach out to our technical support team (https://support.ubi.com/Cases/New) and share screenshots of the Display settings your system is operating under currently and someone can take a look at this for you and provide some insight on how to help you if needed. Thanks!

jjbravo09
10-27-2017, 10:53 PM
My center monitor is already set as my main monitor.

TheJAYZA
12-17-2017, 12:01 PM
I also have this problem. The issue seemingly occurs because, irrespective of which monitor is set to "Primary" many games will only want to run on the monitor numbered "1" and not the monitor numbered "2" in Windows

Neither ATI, Nvidia, nor Microsoft seem to have a way to change the numbers as they are based on the ports on the display card.

As an example I have just had my display port cable go t!ts up between my 1080GTX (3x DP; 1x HDMI; 1x DVI) and my Samsung U28E590 4k monitor. This is my primary monitor that sits in front of my kbd. To the left of that I have my trusty 7 year old 45" Samsung FHD LCD TV, this is not my primary monitor.

Unfortunately since my display port cable stopped working I've had to switch ports on the card, the 4K is now plugged into the HDMI port and the LCD TV is in the DVI port with a DVI - HDMI adapter on the HDMI cable.

The HDMI port is lower priority than the DVI port I now need to use until I can get to a shop and buy another hated display port cable, so currently my 4K monitor while still being primary, is listed as "monitor 2", and my TV is now "monitor 1" in Windows.

Herein lies the problem. AC Origins will only start on "monitor 1" irrespective of which is set to primary. And the only way to change who is identified as "monitor 1" is to have the intended "monitor 1" plugged into the correct port on the card, or be the only monitor talking to the card by either unplugging the cable, turning off multi-monitor when running AC Origins.

It's not ideal, but disabling multi-monitor in Windows display properties takes like 5 clicks

RudyxGloom
10-07-2018, 08:58 PM
I have the same problem still... My main monitor is 1080P and my secondary monitor is 4k, and it always starts on the 4k monitor no matter what i do. extremely annoying having to switch it over every time, about to give up on this game and all the up coming Assasins creed games