PDA

View Full Version : Mouse and screen issues

jjbravo09
10-27-2017, 04:18 PM
The game starts on the wrong screen even though I have my middle main monitor set it starts on a side monitor.
My mouse won't work. The menu screen just flickers and won't let me move the mouse.

Conquestidorz
10-27-2017, 05:55 PM
Same problem here. I got a hold of Ubisoft support and they sent me all this crap to try (see bottom) and it did NOT work. After disabling everything, still the same problem. Has anyone else found a fix?

From Ubisoft: Windows 8 / 10:

1. From the Windows Start, search for msconfig.
2. Select System Configuration / msconfig.exe from the search results.
3. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, then click Disable all.
4. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
5. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item then click Disable.
6. Close Task Manager.
7. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click OK, then restart the computer.

More detailed steps can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Identify the system service that is causing the problem:

a. Click the Services tab, click Disable all, select the check box for the first service that is listed then restart the computer. If the problem does not occur then you can eliminate the first service as the cause of the problem.
b. With the first service selected, select the second service check box, then restart the computer.
c. Repeat this process until you reproduce the problem. If you cannot reproduce the problem then you can eliminate system services as the cause of the problem. Perform the following task:

Identify the startup item that is causing the problem:

a. Click the General tab, and select the Load startup items check box.
b. Click the Startup tab, click Disable all, select the check box for the first startup item that is listed then restart the computer. If the problem does not occur then you can eliminate the first startup item as the cause of the problem.
c. With the first startup item selected, select the second startup item check box and restart the computer. Repeat this process until you reproduce the problem.

More details on troubleshooting in clean boot can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135#bookmark-what%20is%20causing%20the%20issue